Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    Here's the case https://casetext.com/case/viper-nurb...ins-motor-co-3

It would be very cool to see the viper crowned king at the Nurburgring but I think the funds would be much more appreciated in local events. Just my 2 cents.
    that was frustrating to read for a lot of different reasons.. bummer all around.

The reasons to go back to the ring are, 1) finish the unfinished business. 2) get the attentions of the automotive world and spark an interest to bring the viper back again. 3) bring attentions to the viper community and get more people to the viper market.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMO MAN View Post
    I don't see returning to the Ring as beneficial to the club beyond some bragging rights for a few. I would rather see the $100K put into a foundation, a 501 C not for profit organization and let's go do some good in the world with it. Maybe invest the original $100K, solicit donations from the Viper and car community and then take the annual returns and spend in in some worthwhile charities, something for kids, veterans, etc. That's something I'm sure a lot of us could get behind and support. We can do something that ties our appreciation for the Viper with supporting others, a weekend cruise pairing a veteran with a Viper owner that covers that veterans expenses for the weekend, a track day ride along and lunch for kids that are in need of escape from their everyday life due to health, or other issues. I would be on board with something like that and would put money into it to show my support, and I'm sure many other individuals and businesses would do the same, and it's tax deductible which helps. I could see decades from now that foundation having millions and supporting several annual events for those in need. That will not only make us proud as individuals but shows the world that the Viper Nation cares. That will bring nothing but positive feelings to all. Anyway that's my opinion on the money and I'm hopeful others feel this way also.
    Best idea yet!
    2010 ACR absolutely stock... well... kind of

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    Best idea yet!
    Hell, Yes, now that really is a Good Idea

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    I was never told that I'd be donating to a Business. Did I miss something in the pan handling ?
    I thought that this was a true Grass Roots kinda of thing,
    But this does look like a money motivator. If I'd have know that I'd be donating
    to an LLC I most likely would not have sent the funds that I did....Sorry Russ.....
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    [QUOTE=FrankBarba;396449]I was never told that I'd be donating to a Business. Did I miss something in the pan handling ?
    I thought that this was a true Grass Roots kinda of thing,
    But this does look like a money motivator. If I'd have know that I'd be donating
    to an LLC I most likely would not have sent the funds that I did....Sorry Russ.....[/Q

Frank, are you unaware of what happened? If this was a business, why would I be asking the Viper community what should be done with the money?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    VRN LLC was set up as a business entity formed to bring a record to the 2017 Viper in the Ring.
    This entity was set up in the State of Florida.

Russ what happened ? You know management only tells us what it thinks we should know.
    Last edited by FrankBarba; 3 Days Ago at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    VRN LLC was set up as a business entity formed to bring a record to the 2017 Viper in the Ring.
    This entity was set up in the State of Florida.

Russ what happened ? You know management only tells us what it thinks we should know.

Frank, Of course it was set up as an LLC. If somebody got hurt or killed while trying to set the record, I don't want to be sued personally. Of course the LLC was set up in Florida. That's where I live. Should I have set it up where someone else lives instead? I did this entire thing free of charge AND put my own money into it. I have spent THOUSANDS of hours organizing, filing tax returns, finding sponsors, making arrangements, etc, and never took a penny for anything. When our pictures were infringed, should I not protect their value? So, again, free of charge I spent time protecting the property owned by the contributors of the effort. The Federal Judge deemed the infringer guilty. The settlement was for $280,000. Instead of pocketing the money, I turned to the Viper community and asked them how they would like to see the money spent. Why don't you ask Joe, he was the American crew chief and was there the entire time. I don't get your beef.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia

A lot of misconceptions would be cleared up if people just read the case summary. Good on you, Russ, for all that you've done and you're still giving the community the choice. How about we settle this once and for all with a poll?
    2014 GTS

Relax Russ......Frank goes off his meds every now and again.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California

Not setting up an LLC for something with this much exposure and money on the line would be foolish and na

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12