Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Calvo Motorsports 2014 GTS Heads Cam build

Posted this on the VOA Facebook page, but wanted to post here also for anyone that doesn't do Facebook.

Wanted to share my experience with pursuing a heads/cam package for my car. Did a lot of research with different companies offering this service but in the end I decided on Calvo Motorsports and Antonio Calvo, and man let me assure all of you, best decision I could have made. Not to put down any other shops doing this same package but I cannot express how happy I am with Antonio Calvo and his team especially Andrei Spirin for keeping me in the loop the whole way.

Received the car today, awesome service Andy House, and I am blown away with this car. Looks and sounds so sweet, its insane! Immediately took the car out and drove it over 150 miles today alone. The car drives so well, better than stock, after dynoing almost 700 whp! I cannot get over how well the car drives, simply unbelievable!

Again not to discredit any other shops doing this work, obviously I have no experience with them, with Antonio Calvo and his team are A number 1 top notch and will give you amazing service and a product that will leave you shaking your head like WTF has happened! I've had to change my underwear twice today already, this car has been taken to the next level, pure craziness!

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share my journey, gonna leave all the pictures and videos I have of the car while it was at Calvo's shop and a few that I took today receiving the car and after driving it today. Anyone of the fence about adding heads/cam to your car, do it now, don't even think about it anymore, just do it now and you can thank me later.

14GTS 001.jpg14GTS 002.jpg14GTS 003.jpg14GTS 004.jpg14GTS 005.jpg

Finished pics coming...
    Last edited by Bapple30; 11-10-2019 at 05:30 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Congrats and welcome to the H/C club!!
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

Looks like they did the 5th gear change??
    Self tuned HPT 10.85@130 mph (DA=+1000)
    [B]Arrow Heads & Cam - best run is coming
    (Sold) 1997 Red/White -10.9/129 MPH

Wow, looks clean. Love the idea of 700 who NA. What rod bearings are those ?

Yeah, we did the 5th gear change

Not sure what bearings Antonio uses on his heads/cam, maybe he will chime in, I can probably ask him also

Thanks for the compliments! I have some vids, just need to figure out how to post them

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapple30 View Post
    Yeah, we did the 5th gear change

Not sure what bearings Antonio uses on his heads/cam, maybe he will chime in, I can probably ask him also

Thanks for the compliments! I have some vids, just need to figure out how to post them
    I have always found it easiest to upload to YouTube and then copy/paste the link.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Very nice!

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Sooo sweet!!! Congrats!

Sounds great!

Congrats
    2015 White GTC
    2016 White SRT Challenger

VOA Member
    since 2015
    North Texas
    Sounds so good! Here I am thinking about having this done soon and been reading about Calvos kit and you go and post this thread. Is this a sign lol? Are those coated American Racing headers? Cats? Maganaflow mufflers? I really like that sound! What shape were your stock bearings in? I think Calvo just ditches the stockers and uses their own new bearings automatically. Also, Im sure the 5th gear upgrade is a ratio change to help the power band of the new setup but could a customer just skip that? I dont do standing mile events so I dont really see the point. Congrats on the build. Now you have me itching to do this!
    2013 Adrenaline Red SRT Viper
    Track Pack, leather, red seat belts

Thanks, she is a beast for sure! The ARH are coated, mine also has hi flow cats and magnaflow mufflers. This is what Antonio uses as standard unless you specify another exhaust setup that you prefer.

Antonio said my bearing were in ok shape, nothing great but also nothing bad either, normal. Yes, he puts in new bearings in all his builds I think.

The 5th gear ratio upgrade is an option. I added it just in case I want to do any 1/2 mile or mile events.

Give Andrei or Antonio a PM on there facebook page, there communication is top notch! Good luck!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Bapple30 View Post
    Thanks, she is a beast for sure! The ARH are coated, mine also has hi flow cats and magnaflow mufflers. This is what Antonio uses as standard unless you specify another exhaust setup that you prefer.

Antonio said my bearing were in ok shape, nothing great but also nothing bad either, normal. Yes, he puts in new bearings in all his builds I think.

The 5th gear ratio upgrade is an option. I added it just in case I want to do any 1/2 mile or mile events.

Give Andrei or Antonio a PM on there facebook page, there communication is top notch! Good luck!
    Bapple30,Congratulations on your great build. It looks and sounds wicked. When you did the 5th gear upgrade is that the only gear ratio that's changed? Please keep the posts coming with additional updates.

Bill
    2013 GTS, 2018 Trackhawk,2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2010 HARLEY SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM

Awesome! I was going to ask about the stock bearings as well, from the photo, they look OK.

If I could afford it, my car would go to Calvo! For sure.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Member
    since 2016
    VA/MD/DC/DE

Looking forward to the day I will be able to get my car upgraded with the H/C package. Are the white lettering on the tires stickers, or are they painted on?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Badass dude!!!!!
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

Thanks guys!

5th gear is the only one changed. Just stays in the power band better when switching from 4th to 5th. Really only good for some mile events or 1/2 mile events maybe. I may try one of those events so I went ahead with the upgrade since Antonio already had my car.

I think those white letters were painted on, they are gone now, upgrade to R888's with the heads/cam. Glad I did because there is no way those Pirelli's would hold this thing at all.
    Last edited by Bapple30; 11-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Bapple30, That's a badass idle! Sounds really good.. How did you do on the dyno?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast