Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas

2020 and 2021 event ideas and discussion

CVOA club members. What events would you like to do for 2020 and 2021. Comment with all you like and feel free to add ideas you have. Also check back to see others that been added and vote on those. This time we are planning to have a 2 year schedule and maybe start alternating events. So also be specific or discuss in comments about your opinions about that or events you prefer every year. Poll is limited to 10 and can't be added to so I'm just gonna list them here and comment the ones you like and if you like it annually or alternate years. Also add your ideas and I'll add them to the list.

Regional Luncheons
    Get your motor running maintenance day
    Tail of the dragon
    Myrtle Beach
    Autocross/dragway day
    Winery tour
    Biltmore
    Bryson City great smokey MTN rr
    Highlands of NC waterfalls
    Carolina motorsports park
    Plantation tour
    Brookgreen gardens
    Sierra Nevada Brewery tour asheville
    USS North Carolina Ship Wilmington
    Patriots Point SC
    Mini Switzerland Helen Ga
    NC Aviation museum
    cVOA Charity event & car show
    cVOA Charity mini rally
    2nd regional luncheon and Cars& coffee
    Planned club participation at a major car show
    Last edited by braunstein82; 11-14-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Since no members have responded yet, I'll throw in my two cents as I'm considering becoming a VOA member in the future and having some good events is a key factor in my decision to join or not. I'd also like to get an idea of how many Viper owners are in the Charlotte area. Here are the ideas I would be interested in along with additional events for consideration:

Get your motor running maintenance day - would a Viper tech be available?
    Tail of the dragon
    Autocross/dragway day
    Bryson City great smokey MTN rr - This could be the base camp for tail of the dragon and other great roads in the area
    Highlands of NC waterfalls - Old Edwards Inn and Spa is an awesome location with great food in Highlands as well
    Carolina motorsports park - I know the people who run the track and could help coordinate
    Sierra Nevada Brewery tour Asheville - great location
    Mini Switzerland Helen Ga - Great roads nearby. The Richard B Russell Parkway is excellent driving along with others.
    NC Aviation museum - Last I heard they are moving and may not be open next year.
    cVOA Charity event & car show
    cVOA Charity mini rally

Track day at VIR, Road Altanta, Roebling Road, or Barber Motorsports Park would be great additions as well.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    ViperNC, I'm about 45 minutes NW of Charlotte, outside of Hickory. There's a few of us in the Charlotte area, but not many unless things have changed lately.

Heres my thoughts on the listed events:
    Regional Luncheons - I like these, but for the Western NC folks these aren't well attended - I had two good years putting these together for my area, then nothing since then.
    Get your motor running maintenance day - This is tradition for the Carolinas, I think everyone enjoys this event
    Tail of the dragon - Tradition and very well attended
    Myrtle Beach - Typically well attended, but not a driving event per se - more fellowship time with club friends
    Autocross/dragway day - I know there has been much talk in the past, but it seems this is a tough sale each year to a bigger group
    Winery tour - My wife would disagree, but not a ton of interest in this
    Biltmore - Again, tradition and judging by the recent Biltmore event, getting more and more popular. Would like to see more driving though, there's plenty of roads in the area to hit after doing Biltmore in the morning.
    Bryson City great smokey MTN rr - If you are referring to train rides, these are awesome! Obviously not a driving event, but could be fun for members with children.
    Highlands of NC waterfalls - I imagine there would be some great driving here
    Carolina motorsports park - I know there is interest, but it's been tough to get the required group.
    Plantation tour - ???, need more details
    Brookgreen gardens - ???, need more details
    Sierra Nevada Brewery tour asheville - add as part of the Biltmore trip?
    USS North Carolina Ship Wilmington - could be done during the Myrtle Beach event; that way you could fit more driving in to that event and cover two ideas in one trip.
    Patriots Point SC - same as above, could be added to the Myrtle Beach event; can't do both unless you extend the length of the Myrtle Beach event, but it's a good cruise down to Charleston from Myrtle.
    Mini Switzerland Helen Ga - could be fun
    NC Aviation museum - could be fun
    cVOA Charity event & car show - would love to explore this; something for kids or a family in need
    cVOA Charity mini rally - again, would love to explore this
    2nd regional luncheon and Cars& coffee - see comments regarding Western NC and regional luncheons
    Planned club participation at a major car show - I like attending shows but I'm not big on showing my vehicles
    2000 Viper RT/10 (Steel Gray) BEENBIT
    2006 Viper SRT10 (VOI9 Edition) R3PTILE

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    ViperNC, I'm about 45 minutes NW of Charlotte, outside of Hickory. There's a few of us in the Charlotte area, but not many unless things have changed lately.
    Interesting as there are definitely Vipers in and around the Charlotte area.
    Blake

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Plantation and Or Brook green gardens can be done while at Myrtle beach since there are old plantations around the area and the gardens are just out of Murrell's inlet, I LOVE driving my car fast and not only on a straight line ( insert #batshitcrazy here ) so anything with driving I'm up for it, I ve personally been to Helen and the Highlands ( a lot when I used to live in Greenville) and those are really good drives that end up in nice towns with great food, and another "fun" drive back, the other ones most people have done them before, Oh also Patriot's point in Charleston is where the Big ships and submarine are, also there's cars and coffee in Charleston every Saturday, so we can have "2" events on the same day and there are a ton of great waterfront rests to go after that.
    2013 SRT Viper, White, "RTTLSNK"
    2020 Ram Rebel (white) "M4YHEM (daily)

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Looks like we are getting alot more replies on the Facebook group. Be sure to go there as well if you haven't already.

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php...24331031047840
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

Quote Originally Posted by braunstein82 View Post
    Looks like we are getting alot more replies on the Facebook group. Be sure to go there as well if you haven't already.

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php...24331031047840
    This is as close to social media as I get and want nothing to do with FB. Hopefully the final list of events will consider comments on this forum.
    Blake

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    This is as close to social media as I get and want nothing to do with FB. Hopefully the final list of events will consider comments on this forum.
    It definitely will be. If you haven't already done so, I also recommend joining the club so the you also get the email communications about Carolina regions events and other info that might not make it to the website or FB.
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas

+1 for Charlotte area events and luncheons

I'd like to see track days and autocross as well(if there is a small group. Nothing worse than autocross with 50 cars)

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    A couple more things recommended by people on Facebook.

Vir track day or karting
    Highland games @ grandfather mountain
    Back of the dragon VA
    Little Switzerland fall foliage tour
    Mopar week Myrtle 9/24-27
    Mopars at the beach Myrtle 6/16-21
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Found out they might be ringing the " Mopars at the beach " @ Myrtle beach in September this year, will need to check more, theyre looking for sposors too.
    2013 SRT Viper, White, "RTTLSNK"
    2020 Ram Rebel (white) "M4YHEM (daily)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by No hemi View Post
    Found out they might be ringing the " Mopars at the beach " @ Myrtle beach in September this year, will need to check more, theyre looking for sposors too.
    Is Frog involved again? Its been a few years since they did that hasn't it?

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Yeah Angel they are bringing it back. I added it in the post right before yours. Patrick, Frog is the one doing it. He has already contacted me awhile ago wanted to try to get us to come out again.
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

I'm down for the Asheville/mountain area stuff! I'm one of the few viper owners up here in Asheville it seems.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Georgia
    Happy New Year Carolina's Club from Georgia Club!

Our members really enjoyed our the Tail and Slither to the Biltmore. We would be interested in participating with you for the following events. Tail of The Dragon, Highlands NC, Bryson Cit, and Mini Swiss, Helen GA (combine it with Miles Through Time Automotive Museum Sean Mathis Founder/Curator, Miles Through Time Automotive Museum 470-239-0199‬ milesthroughtime.com 583 Grant St. Clarkesville, GA 30523) Also in Helen there's a plantation we enjoyed touring.

Let us know when you firm up some events.
    Chris Szeszko
    FE #181

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Georgia
    FE #181

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Hi Chris,
    We just posted our plan for 2020/2021. We would love to have yall join us at any of the events. We can figure out the details later but let you know what is of interest. You can email me at ncvoaregion@gmail.com

Cheers
    Larry
    Regional President
    G5 2016 SRT
    2018 SRT Durango
    2011 IE 392 SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by FVNCViper View Post
    Hi Chris,
    We just posted our plan for 2020/2021. We would love to have yall join us at any of the events. We can figure out the details later but let you know what is of interest. You can email me at ncvoaregion@gmail.com

Cheers
    Larry
    I don't see you plan posted here. Maybe I'm missing something?
    Blake

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    I don't see you plan posted here. Maybe I'm missing something?
    Posted here: https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Plan-of-Events

It's a Sticky in the Carolinas forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    Posted here: https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Plan-of-Events

It's a Sticky in the Carolinas forum.
    Ah.... Right in front of me. As my Dad always said, "If it was a snake it would have bit you". Thanks.
    Blake