VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Georgia

96 02 Viper Stanchion Seal Group Sale 400

Group Sale for the 96-02 Viper GTS Stanchion Seals is here at Temple Performance. We need to sell 200 sets to get them made and all the information is on my website. Let's get these going! $400 for a set (both left and right). https://www.templeperformance.com/st...0N3GCYKX4loA#/
    Last edited by Legend1; 11-23-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Ordered last week. Let's do this!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Arizona

Ordered. I can’t wait to get theses
    2001 GTS ACR

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Arizona

What’s the latest on this?
    2001 GTS ACR

Quote Originally Posted by Swest View Post
    What’s the latest on this?
    Approximately 50 sets sold so far...��. I really hope this takes off. My driver side is starting to get worse...

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    I don't have a driver's side.....and this group buy doesn't look like it's going to ever come to fruition. 50/200...........Start looking for a good used one or other solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTS_Mann View Post
    Approximately 50 sets sold so far...��. I really hope this takes off. My driver side is starting to get worse...
    I don't have a driver's side.....and this group buy doesn't look like it's going to ever come to fruition. 50/200...........Start looking for a good used one or other solution.
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR

Ordered today.

Quote Originally Posted by MH60M View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed company and they said once they get to about 125 sold sets they can start production. Thet told me they need a total of 100 sales from us. Once this is met a viper parts seller was committing to 20 sets and then production could start. I think if we post like mackzilla when we've ordered we can get a surge and get to the 100 mark.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor96 View Post
    I emailed company and they said once they get to about 125 sold sets they can start production. Thet told me they need a total of 100 sales from us. Once this is met a viper parts seller was committing to 20 sets and then production could start. I think if we post like mackzilla when we've ordered we can get a surge and get to the 100 mark.
    Mine has been ordered.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Mine has been reserved.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

Legend - How many do you have so far? I've done these things before and never received the refunds when they didn't make (not saying you will do that) thus why I have not ordered yet. If it get's real close I'll most likely place my order at this time. Website shows only 50 sold so far though.

Wondering the need for these? New to vipers myself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower29 View Post
    Wondering the need for these? New to vipers myself
    I'm curious about this too. The $400 seems to include the panel as well as the seal. I thought only the seals need to be changed over time. What's with the panel?
    97 Viper GTS --- 99 YZF R1 --- 00 R1100 RT --- 01 Bullet C500 --- 07 Ram 1500 MegaCab --- 09 Triumph America --- 13 Outback 3.6R --- 22 Cybertruck DM

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    I Glued my seal back onto Plastic body with 2 part epoxy adhesive several years ago, it's never come off? So I too am wondering exactly what this is all about?
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 03-20-2020 at 12:10 PM.

I also reattached mine on my 98 years ago. I am in the glass business so I used windshield urethane adhesive. NEVER coming lose again. Easy fix!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario

I ordered as well. Had to replace one about 5 years ago...the car detailer caught a corner with a cleaning rag and it snapped in half. Jon B found me one then...but this is now. It’s a brittle piece.

I had my car repainted and the shop destroyed my passenger side seal and threw it away.

VOA Member
    since 2020

I just bought a Viper and I have a broken seal on the right side. The plastic bit is intact though. Is there any place to just get the seal? My dealer could not find any...

Enthusiast
    seal was never sold separate, only as assembly

VOA Member
    since 2020

Thanks for that information.

Quote Originally Posted by elw98 View Post
    I also reattached mine on my 98 years ago. I am in the glass business so I used windshield urethane adhesive. NEVER coming lose again. Easy fix!
    I did the same thing to mine. I appreciate that it's not the purist fix and wasn't my first option but it is functional and I doubt it will ever be detected by anyone other than someone who actually knows what an original seal looked like.