Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogme042 View Post
    I did the factory reset as well and completely lost the SRT/Viper configuration. Other features including phone, radio still worked, but it was different color and interface looked like it was from a standard Chrysler vehicle. (I suspect the SRT configuration is an overlay on the standard radio) After disconnecting the battery cable it came back to the SRT configuration, but performance pages still asked for a subscription. Finally got it all working after pulling the car outside and doing the software reset. Mine is an older version (14.25) so different versions may behave differently.
    What's the software reset?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    My car hadn't been started in about 3 weeks, so I pulled it out of the garage and tried the Performances Pages. the first time, it loaded from the favorites. The next time, it wouldn't load initially from the favorites - just said "no current performance pages subscription" and I needed to go to the U-Connect store and update the performance pages, so I loaded it from the apps with no problem. The next time it loaded from the favorites. Go figure. Another funny thing happened on the initial start-up. The tire pressures showed 35/35 front and 28/29 rear, but both rear pressures were red-highlighted and I got a warning to inflate the tires to 35 psi. The rears are supposed to be 29 psi. After driving 3-4 miles, the red highlights disappeared as did the tire pressure warning. Computers #*&#

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Crossroads of America

Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    What's the software reset?
    Push in on the volume and tune buttons at the same time for approx. 15 seconds. The screen will go blank and restart.
    2014 Viper T/A #11

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    The lead programmer needs fired for this Uconnect issue. This isnt a Viper only thing either, I recently got a Trackhawk and they talk about the same thing after the first year of free Uconnect expires. Theres simply no good reason gauges should be tied to a subscription in a vehicle.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Right ok so I decided to do a restore to default on the settings page and now I have lost the Performance Pages completely. The app is nowhere to be found....Don't know what to do.....
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    My car hadn't been started in about 3 weeks, so I pulled it out of the garage and tried the Performances Pages. the first time, it loaded from the favorites. The next time, it wouldn't load initially from the favorites - just said "no current performance pages subscription" and I needed to go to the U-Connect store and update the performance pages, so I loaded it from the apps with no problem. The next time it loaded from the favorites. Go figure. Another funny thing happened on the initial start-up. The tire pressures showed 35/35 front and 28/29 rear, but both rear pressures were red-highlighted and I got a warning to inflate the tires to 35 psi. The rears are supposed to be 29 psi. After driving 3-4 miles, the red highlights disappeared as did the tire pressure warning. Computers #*&#

Pappy
    it isn't the computer it's the programmer!
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    I just got my car back yesterday, and one of the complaints was the uConnect system. The tech seemed to struggle with it just like we do - they had to order two different USBs to upgrade the system, and they racked up about 3.5 hours doing the work (under warranty). The net result was that they had to upgrade the entire system to the latest version (I'll edit this once I go out and get the work order with the version number) and I *think* uConnect was nice enough to extend my subscription for free so that the problem could eventually be solved. It's a bit weird now, though, the color scheme on the display is different, the buttons are in different places, but it works. All my subscription stuff is highlighted to show that they're available, but I didn't bother pressing the "OK" button to "experience the full capability of your new uConnect system."

So, it is fixable, and if your car is still under warranty, definitely bring it in and have them go through the process. From what I've read, people who try to do it themselves sometimes brick the system, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it takes all day, etc. May as well let FCA pay for it and maybe they'll sort out a fix since this will start costing them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I just got my car back yesterday, and one of the complaints was the uConnect system. The tech seemed to struggle with it just like we do - they had to order two different USBs to upgrade the system, and they racked up about 3.5 hours doing the work (under warranty). The net result was that they had to upgrade the entire system to the latest version (I'll edit this once I go out and get the work order with the version number) and I *think* uConnect was nice enough to extend my subscription for free so that the problem could eventually be solved. It's a bit weird now, though, the color scheme on the display is different, the buttons are in different places, but it works. All my subscription stuff is highlighted to show that they're available, but I didn't bother pressing the "OK" button to "experience the full capability of your new uConnect system."

So, it is fixable, and if your car is still under warranty, definitely bring it in and have them go through the process. From what I've read, people who try to do it themselves sometimes brick the system, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it takes all day, etc. May as well let FCA pay for it and maybe they'll sort out a fix since this will start costing them money.
    Glad you seemed to fix it. Sadly I'm in Europe with no warranty or Uconnect subscriptions possible. I'll just have to suck it up and see and see what happens. The only thing that I really need to have access to is engine oil temps. Not sure there is any other way to monitor that.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Glad you seemed to fix it. Sadly I'm in Europe with no warranty or Uconnect subscriptions possible. I'll just have to suck it up and see and see what happens. The only thing that I really need to have access to is engine oil temps. Not sure there is any other way to monitor that.
    I think you can configure the main dash with oil temp in one of the upper corners.

Hell youcan dis-;ay oil temp right in the middle of the cluster if ya want

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    I think you can configure the main dash with oil temp in one of the upper corners.
    Agreed. I have my oil and water temps in the upper corners above the tach.

Cool guys. I'll do that and then the hell with the Performance pages. As I don't use the radio or the sat nav, I'll keep the screen on the air con controls only....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Cool guys. I'll do that and then the hell with the Performance pages. As I don't use the radio or the sat nav, I'll keep the screen on the air con controls only....
    I also set the radio to a media type that I don't have. This way if I accidentally hit the buttons on the back of the wheel I don't suddenly turn up the volume on the radio. This would happen sometimes to me on track. I also mute it for good measure. Funny how there is no "off" on the Viper radio. My wife's Jeep's radio can be powered off completely.

hey stradman, I did the most recent update and had the same issue.. This was the first update I had ever done since purchase on 04/14/2014. It took 20 min to download with the car running and then another 30 min to install with the car running. Everything went fine, except I had lost all the performance pages. Turned the car off for 5min, restarted and the same thing. Then I went into to settings and hit the reset to factory screen settings. Now everything is back to normal and it's amazing how fast everything loads up. I did loose all my radio settings, lol. I hope this helps! Good Luck. Greg

also, i can now just go into app manager or fav's. both seem to work the same..? good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cashcorn View Post
    hey stradman, I did the most recent update and had the same issue.. This was the first update I had ever done since purchase on 04/14/2014. It took 20 min to download with the car running and then another 30 min to install with the car running. Everything went fine, except I had lost all the performance pages. Turned the car off for 5min, restarted and the same thing. Then I went into to settings and hit the reset to factory screen settings. Now everything is back to normal and it's amazing how fast everything loads up. I did loose all my radio settings, lol. I hope this helps! Good Luck. Greg
    Cheers, but how did you do the recent update? Its frustrating as I've tried resetting a couple of times but no luck....

I also set the radio to a media type that I don't have. This way if I accidentally hit the buttons on the back of the wheel I don't suddenly turn up the volume on the radio. This would happen sometimes to me on track. I also mute it for good measure. Funny how there is no "off" on the Viper radio. My wife's Jeep's radio can be powered off completely.
    This happens to me on the track often too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12