Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: slicks for sale

  1. #1
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685

    slicks for sale

    I put a new set of slicks for sale in the classifieds for cheap. They won't fit anything I run with the setups I have so I need room

    These are good for one day at the track, after that they start loosing speed.

    https://driveviper.com/classifieds/w...he-ground.html

    Price is for the whole set, won't split up.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  2. #2
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    These are priced cheap and for someone who just wants track time they will serve you well. These are from an Endurance Series so they wear pretty decent, but they are not as fast as a Michelin Slick, Hoosier Slick or Pirelli Slick. In fact they are not even as quick as a Hoosier R7, but for an HPDE or just a track event with friends , where are you going to find 4 new slicks for this price. Cat is not trying to make any money as they sold these out last year when the Continental Series ended ( no longer a sponsor ), but they are hard to find now and the 325s are more than wide enough. Good price for someone to go play on!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  3. #3
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Agreed except I felt they are faster than the R7s from another set I did use with smaller fronts. I did run to high of pressure and they were done by the 2nd day of a track weekend. That's why I said good for one track day. Willow is fairly abrasive also.

    I'd consider trades if it's interesting to me also.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    FrankBarba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    804
    HEY Bill.....will these fit with my standard Comp Coupe Wheels ? If so I will take them.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

  5. #5
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    They fit on my ACRx 18" wheels.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  6. #6
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    Would think so Frank as remember Bob Woodhouse running 325 Dunlops on the back and pretty sure these were the size Vipers had to running when the series was active. No offense Cat, but the Continentals are definitely slower than an R7 ( we did a bunch of testing with them over a couple of years at Hastings --www.racemph.com ) , but that is primarily due to the fact that they are an endurance tire. Hoosier made them for Continental and now Continental owns Hoosier , but the benefit is they last longer in most cases and they are cheap --- as Frank has noted.

    Sure you will sell them and they are a bargain for someone who wants to get some track time ,etc.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  7. #7
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Yes, they are cheap and I figured good for one HPDE type track day. The only day I used them was at Willow on a weekend. I started off with Hoosiers that granted were used and I had run the week before to shake down the ACRx. I switched mid morning to the Continentals and ran them until Sunday when we loaded. By then they were done. I'm going to run alot of NASA in 2020 (hopefully) in TT1 and go after some contingency money so it will only be R7s on the car.

    I figured someone could have fun with them on a track day if interested. If not, it's cool. I'll figure out something to do with them.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    I am sure someone will pick them up as they will be great for track time, HPDE, etc. and where in the heck are you going to get a set of anything for $450????? Be great for a lot of Snakes and good luck.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  9. #9
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    These are priced cheap and for someone who just wants track time they will serve you well. These are from an Endurance Series so they wear pretty decent, but they are not as fast as a Michelin Slick, Hoosier Slick or Pirelli Slick. In fact they are not even as quick as a Hoosier R7, but for an HPDE or just a track event with friends , where are you going to find 4 new slicks for this price. Cat is not trying to make any money as they sold these out last year when the Continental Series ended ( no longer a sponsor ), but they are hard to find now and the 325s are more than wide enough. Good price for someone to go play on!
    Not as fast as an R7? That's crazy because R7's aren't even that fast really these days. Lots of street tires faster than R7's now. Trofeo R's, Cup R's, Goodyear Supercar 3R's, Michelin ZP etc.
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Maybe I should run a treadwear of 100 or greater if those are faster. I could run at my current weight/HP rating. R7 require I go restricter plate and drop about 60-80 HP.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  11. #11
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Price dropped to $400 total
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  12. #12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    I know you are running some Time Trials with NASA in cactus land ( and that you are super fast ) , but sure not seeing anyone in our Region or Rocky Mountain or even the Great Lakes Region running a lot of Trofeos or Goodyear Supercar 3Rs, but plenty of Hoosier R7s and A7s. Some are running BFG gforce R1Ss with good results , so I am just going by what I see on track, in these areas . Hanging out at the Solo Nationals ( running with my son in his EVO 9), the RE71s , BFG Rival S 1.5s and the Yokohama A052 now dominate in the 200 TRW wars , and they are fast, and I respect that everyone has their preference . The Contis are a different story as a large group of us purchased these tires over the last 3-4 years and we all ran consistently slower than on Hoosiers , but then we also had the benefit of chatting with Continental the last two times they came on Sale. Most of the tires are leftover from Daytona and therefore they are designed for a Roval , and the tire is also built as an Endurance donut and not a sprint one , so no surprise they should be slower.

    Key here is these are great for drivers wanting to do an HPDE, as noted ,or just have fun at the track, because they are still decently quick , really cheap and should wear a bit longer. No argument the SportCup2s are great and I know I always felt they were better on a super hot day than a Hoosier because they did not seem to get as greasy as quickly. You obviously are in a rather warm part of the Country and no surprise that some tires might work better there as they are more conducive to the heat, but I know in my experience the Hoosier is awfully quick in our area , as well as the BFG gforce R1Ss.

    Completely open that some tires may function better at different tracks ( due to surfaces ) or the area of the Country , but the Forum is a good place for many of us to voice our opinions and though we may not always agree , the comments may help others make a decision?

    No matter what any of us have said $450 for four new Contis is a bargain and there are probably none out there now.

    Arizona , we need you to come to the Viper Rendezvous in June of 2020 , as I know some NASA guys in your neck of the Saguaros and they all state you are one low flying pilot. No place better in the US to test yourself against other Speedy Snakecharmers than at the Rendezvous, since where else will you be able to run against 60+ other Vipers? Bob Woodhouse came up from his Texas home this year and set the fastest 2 door machine time for the Hastings track ( www.racemph.com ), but there are some others that also have snuck under the 1:30 time for the 2.1 mile track ( ex TransAm driver , plus a guy who ran the Viper Cup and scored well ) . They are already half full with the registrations, but you would have a blast and from what I have heard about your Snake, and the guys you drive with, you could take the title away.

    PS - he may be my old boss , but hard not to praise Woody, as even though he has been gone for over 10 years he does wander up to his old stomping grounds occasionally , and his 1:27 time at MPH is the fastest anyone has ever run in a door slammer of any kind!! Since we are both well into our AARP years, gotta promote the older gentleman and the fact that he still has it, ha!!
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 12-20-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  13. #13
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    Crap ---- someone should snag these at Santa Catwood's price.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  14. #14
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    I know you are running some Time Trials with NASA in cactus land ( and that you are super fast ) , but sure not seeing anyone in our Region or Rocky Mountain or even the Great Lakes Region running a lot of Trofeos or Goodyear Supercar 3Rs, but plenty of Hoosier R7s and A7s. Some are running BFG gforce R1Ss with good results , so I am just going by what I see on track, in these areas . Hanging out at the Solo Nationals ( running with my son in his EVO 9), the RE71s , BFG Rival S 1.5s and the Yokohama A052 now dominate in the 200 TRW wars , and they are fast, and I respect that everyone has their preference . The Contis are a different story as a large group of us purchased these tires over the last 3-4 years and we all ran consistently slower than on Hoosiers , but then we also had the benefit of chatting with Continental the last two times they came on Sale. Most of the tires are leftover from Daytona and therefore they are designed for a Roval , and the tire is also built as an Endurance donut and not a sprint one , so no surprise they should be slower.

    Key here is these are great for drivers wanting to do an HPDE, as noted ,or just have fun at the track, because they are still decently quick , really cheap and should wear a bit longer. No argument the SportCup2s are great and I know I always felt they were better on a super hot day than a Hoosier because they did not seem to get as greasy as quickly. You obviously are in a rather warm part of the Country and no surprise that some tires might work better there as they are more conducive to the heat, but I know in my experience the Hoosier is awfully quick in our area , as well as the BFG gforce R1Ss.

    Completely open that some tires may function better at different tracks ( due to surfaces ) or the area of the Country , but the Forum is a good place for many of us to voice our opinions and though we may not always agree , the comments may help others make a decision?

    No matter what any of us have said $450 for four new Contis is a bargain and there are probably none out there now.

    Arizona , we need you to come to the Viper Rendezvous in June of 2020 , as I know some NASA guys in your neck of the Saguaros and they all state you are one low flying pilot. No place better in the US to test yourself against other Speedy Snakecharmers than at the Rendezvous, since where else will you be able to run against 60+ other Vipers? Bob Woodhouse came up from his Texas home this year and set the fastest 2 door machine time for the Hastings track ( www.racemph.com ), but there are some others that also have snuck under the 1:30 time for the 2.1 mile track ( ex TransAm driver , plus a guy who ran the Viper Cup and scored well ) . They are already half full with the registrations, but you would have a blast and from what I have heard about your Snake, and the guys you drive with, you could take the title away.

    PS - he may be my old boss , but hard not to praise Woody, as even though he has been gone for over 10 years he does wander up to his old stomping grounds occasionally , and his 1:27 time at MPH is the fastest anyone has ever run in a door slammer of any kind!! Since we are both well into our AARP years, gotta promote the older gentleman and the fact that he still has it, ha!!
    Yeah nobody runs these extreme "street" tires because they are $650 each and last about 25% as long as an R7. It would cost you $5000+ a weekend to run a tire like a Trofeo R. On my AMG GTR the ZP Michelin's were way faster than an R7, only 1.5 second off Michelin slicks that I ran next session same day, same track, BUT the ZP's die off drastically after one session. The top layer on these tires is pure goo. Sneaky cheater tires for fast magazine times. Now that Ring times have become so important the manufactures are getting real sneaky with factory tires. Big part of why the GT3 ran 6.56 at the Ring with only 500hp. A $60K ZL1 1LE ran within a second of the ACR at lightening lap, not because it's as fast as the ACR on track, but it's got a much faster tire.

    And Catwood's price for these slicks is a steal somebody needs to buy them!

    Yeah I just registered for the Rendezvous! Trying to get 1-2 other AZ guys to come up as well. My buddy and neighbor should be bringing crazy paddle shifted 8500RPM Calvo built Gen 2 which is almost complete after 2 years!
    Mr Woodhouse is a BADASS smoking everybody at around 70 years old!!!
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  15. #15
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    Maybe I should run a treadwear of 100 or greater if those are faster. I could run at my current weight/HP rating. R7 require I go restricter plate and drop about 60-80 HP.
    In TT1 I don't think you can get a credit back for running 100 treadwear can you? The Trofeo R's are 60 treadwear. I don't think they make our sizes in these extreme street tires.
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  16. #16
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Crap ---- someone should snag these at Santa Catwood's price.
    Okay, I'll take them. I can use them during break-in and test-and-tune on my nearly finished project track car. They are a little small, but will work for this purpose. Maybe Catwood knows somebody from the Southern Cal VOA who is going to Inde in early Feb who would be willing to bring them along. PM sent.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  17. #17
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Exhlr8n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    692
    I'm planning on going to Inde. If none of the SoCal guys have room I can take them Pappy.

  18. #18
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    I'm planning on going to Inde. If none of the SoCal guys have room I can take them Pappy.
    Thanks. Sounds great. Inde should be a good time! Waiting to hear from Catwood.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  19. #19
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    I'm planning on going to Inde. If none of the SoCal guys have room I can take them Pappy.
    Do you know who is planning on going from Socal? Is Peter? I know I can get them to Chuckwalla for the NASA event but i suspect that's after INDE.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  20. #20
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    Do you know who is planning on going from Socal? Is Peter? I know I can get them to Chuckwalla for the NASA event but i suspect that's after INDE.
    Yeah, Chuckwalla is the week after Inde. I'm not sure who from SoCal is going to Inde, but I'll see if I can find out. I heard there will be 10 or so cars from there. I won't make Chuckwalla - will be out of town on business. Maybe Cable is going to Chuck - I'll check with him. I'm in no hurray for the tires, I've got A-7s and fresh Kumhos for Inde.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  21. #21
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,164
    Oh, Woody is a Badasp, as he is even older than 70! Like a fine wine...…………..

    Glad you are going ,it is a fun time.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  22. #22
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Yeah, Chuckwalla is the week after Inde. I'm not sure who from SoCal is going to Inde, but I'll see if I can find out. I heard there will be 10 or so cars from there. I won't make Chuckwalla - will be out of town on business. Maybe Cable is going to Chuck - I'll check with him. I'm in no hurray for the tires, I've got A-7s and fresh Kumhos for Inde.

    Pappy
    I can get them to Chuckwalla to Cable, he said he was going. My neighbor will be there running his spec 944 and he knows of Cable.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  23. #23
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    I can get them to Chuckwalla to Cable, he said he was going. My neighbor will be there running his spec 944 and he knows of Cable.
    Cool I've got plenty of room for them!
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  24. #24
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    If I can get someone going to INDE to take them I'll do that first. Otherwise to Chuckwalla.
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

  25. #25
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    If I can get someone going to INDE to take them I'll do that first. Otherwise to Chuckwalla.
    Thanks. I was afraid there wouldn't be room in Cable's 40 foot trailer. LOL thanks Cable.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •