Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh look at that. A pair of "not real" ACR-E's at Nurburgring. These will never be as valuable as a barebones hardcore ACR-E.....LOL.....

Non ACR lol.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Oh look at that. A pair of "not real" ACR-E's at Nurburgring. These will never be as valuable as a barebones hardcore ACR-E.....LOL.....

Non ACR lol.jpg
    Now that’s funny...
    Current: 2016 GTC ACR-E | 2015 Mclaren 650s 🕷
    Past: 2011 R8 V10 6MT | 2016 Charger Hellcat | 2014 Orange TA #55/93 | 2000 NSX CTSC - 1 of 44 | 97 B&W RT/10 - 1 of 53 | 2003 Z06

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post

Non ACR lol.jpg
    Who would want one of those

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonDan View Post
    Wow fascinating distinctions there, I never knew about any of that.
    Thanks for the info!!

For me, I'm set on everything as extreme as it gets - extreme aero and lighter weight options and I fully understand the livability consequences. I have a pretty high tolerance for lack of comfort - I daily drive my 2018 GT3 w/ 6 speed, fixed buckets, etc and look forward to the beating a TRUE "race car for the road" will provide. Lots of cars make that claim, including both my GT3 and ferrari challenge stradale, but the ACR-E is probably the most honest with that claim.
    Wow fascinating distinctions there, I never knew about any of that.
    Thanks for the info!!

For me, I'm set on everything as extreme as it gets - extreme aero and lighter weight options and I fully understand the livability consequences. I have a pretty high tolerance for lack of comfort - I daily drive my 2018 GT3 w/ 6 speed, fixed buckets, etc and look forward to the beating a TRUE "race car for the road" will provide. Lots of cars make that claim, including both my GT3 and ferrari challenge stradale, but the ACR-E is probably the most honest with that claim.
    It is indeed. It’s raw for sure and what I liked. I had a gen5 GTS and although I loved it, it was too lux and dulled a bit for me. But hey, I loved my gen2 and gen3, and took a while to like my gen4 because it was too smooth and nice when I first bought it. LoL. My ACR, which was a base ACR with 3 speakers and no carpet, etc., was raw, and I did go for upgrading it to the 18 speaker kit at the dealer, as well as throwing in some dynamat and the carpet kit, as well as rollbar, heads/cam, etc. So I have to say, while shopping now, I lean toward a GTC, because I know even I would do what I did before to my ACR with the radio upgrade so it can be heard and a mild creature comfort tweaking. Simply, you can’t go wrong.
    McLaren 650s Spyder. Ex’s ‘16 ACR, VE H/C, '13 GTS, '99 RT/10, '03 SRT, '08 SRT. - 'God bless America, all 8.4 liters' - R.Pobst

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1107 View Post
    I can’t believe people are saying GTCs aren’t ACRs. So the GTSR special edition isn’t an ACRE?

I’ve put my foot in my mouth on this forum, and apologized publicly, but this takes the cake! All ACREs are ACREs. Jeeeeezus Kanye Krist!
    A Viper owner's worst enemy is another Viper owner. Rain and phantom deer are probably a close 2nd and 3rd.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s)

You want to get a Viper crowd going, start a thread about real TAs or real ACR-Es

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    You want to get a Viper crowd going, start a thread about real TAs or real ACR-Es
    ...and a lot of other silly things
    2014 SRT Black TA, stock with driver mod. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S,

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    Why is that funny?
    Why were his posts deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    Why were his posts deleted?
    No idea - I was just wondering the same thing...he didn’t say anything that bad - he just said he was laughing because I commented about an ACR E while having a GTC ACRE lol
    Past: 2011 R8 V10 6MT | 2016 Charger Hellcat | 2014 Orange TA #55/93 | 2000 NSX CTSC - 1 of 44 | 97 B&W RT/10 - 1 of 53 | 2003 Z06

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    CarbonDan,
    Just to give you a little perspective from someone that was looking recently. I was searching for over 3 months before I finally found what I was looking for. There was not a lot of movement as far as pricing from everything I saw on the car forums and websites. I finally lucked into exactly what I was looking for. An ACR-E in Stryker orange. I got it for $22k less than msrp with 2500 miles. Front splitter and rear diffuser blades were still in the original bubble wrap. I followed the advice that others gave me. Acted quickly and it was on a trailer to its new home in less than 5 days.
    As you have probably found out, low mileage models seem to be fetching a premium. Frustrating especially if you know your going to be driving it and supposedly depreciating it quickly. As others have said, if you are not picky about colors, you can find a few deals out there. If you are dead set on a color, be prepared to wait awhile and act quickly when you do find it. I found the white ACR-E with center band and drivers stripe and the grey with the center and drivers stripe seemed to be the best deals. A clean red one (no stripes) with under 5k miles just sold recently on a auction site for $121k I believe. He originally had it listed for $140k. Another red with center and driver stripe with 22k miles recently sold on eBay for $109 I believe. But that one had some visible paint wear and tear.
    Good luck with your search. It will be awesome when it becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 02192viper View Post
    CarbonDan, I finally lucked into exactly what I was looking for. An ACR-E in Stryker orange. I got it for $22k less than msrp with 2500 miles. Front splitter and rear diffuser blades were still in the original bubble wrap. I followed the advice that others gave me. Acted quickly and it was on a trailer to its new home in less than 5 days.
    Your deal is an extremely unusual outlier and certainly not an example of current real world prices. An owner would have to be totally clueless to sell a clean ACR-E for 22K under MSRP with 2K miles on it. So either you got the deal of the year, found a totally clueless or desperate owner or the car had a story like heavily modded, an accident or a salvage title. But good for you enjoy it!
    Last edited by ViperJon; 12-27-2019 at 07:37 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    CarbonDan,
    Just to give you a little perspective from someone that was looking recently. I was searching for over 3 months before I finally found what I was looking for. There was not a lot of movement as far as pricing from everything I saw on the car forums and websites. I finally lucked into exactly what I was looking for. An ACR-E in Stryker orange. I got it for $22k less than msrp with 2500 miles. Front splitter and rear diffuser blades were still in the original bubble wrap. I followed the advice that others gave me. Acted quickly and it was on a trailer to its new home in less than 5 days.
    As you have probably found out, low mileage models seem to be fetching a premium. Frustrating especially if you know your going to be driving it and supposedly depreciating it quickly. As others have said, if you are not picky about colors, you can find a few deals out there. If you are dead set on a color, be prepared to wait awhile and act quickly when you do find it. I found the white ACR-E with center band and drivers stripe and the grey with the center and drivers stripe seemed to be the best deals. A clean red one (no stripes) with under 5k miles just sold recently on a auction site for $121k I believe. He originally had it listed for $140k. Another red with center and driver stripe with 22k miles recently sold on eBay for $109 I believe. But that one had some visible paint wear and tear.
    Good luck with your search. It will be awesome when it becomes reality.
    Congratulations! I would say this has got to be the deal of the century assuming it is a no-story car with a clean history. Every ACR-E I've seen for sale has a very high listing price, usually above MSRP. Ok, that doesn't mean the car will sell for asking but I also don't think the sellers will drop the price dramatically.
    For example when Viper Exchange lists an ACR_E/TA for $219,000 I'm guessing they would laugh at an offer below MSRP (which for an ACR-E/TA was about $129,000).
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

So off topic, but is there an "unofficial" register where people submit their VIN's to? Do we know in the end how many ACR-E's were actually produced in 2016/17? More than 500??

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    Car has a clean title, only mod owner did was tint the windows. I forgot to add that it is a 2016, not a 2017 like the OP had wanted. When I was looking, I saw very little if any movement from the cars that were listed online. In fact, the ONLY time I saw a car move was AFTER they had dropped the price. That made me believe that most were overpriced. I know my experience was not the norm, just wanted to share what I observed during the process. In the end, the seller and I both came out happy. He moved his car without it sitting for months and months on end and I got a pretty good deal. A win win for us both.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    Stradman,
    I believe on the other viper site, one of the owners has an extensive list broken down by colors and everything. I am unaware how accurate it is, but it is a interesting read.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    There were approx 870 cars produced in 17. while I was at the plant in june of '17 I was told that 90% of the last years production would be ACR/E. That is 780+ in '17 and there were around 200+ built in '16. You are looking in the neighborhood of 1,000 ACR/E's produced.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    There were approx 870 cars produced in 17. while I was at the plant in june of '17 I was told that 90% of the last years production would be ACR/E. That is 780+ in '17 and there were around 200+ built in '16. You are looking in the neighborhood of 1,000 ACR/E's produced.

Great info!
    2004 Lambo Murcielago -- Gated Manual
    2004 Challenge Stradale
    2018 991.2 GT3 -- Manual

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    But wait... Are we talking real ACR-Es or fake ACR-Es?

Awesome info.

I still don’t understand who gets a non-extreme ACR(I get the argument between a GTC ACR extreme vs the base ACR extreme for the track rats)...I guess I could see the splitter a problem for those that have bad roads and not enough clearance but you could just take that off?

#6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Stradman,
    I believe on the other viper site, one of the owners has an extensive list broken down by colors and everything. I am unaware how accurate it is, but it is a interesting read.
    If that list was put together by Viper Jeff, you can take it to the bank.
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Looking to finally add an ACR-E to the stable.
    What's the consensus on these forums regarding pricing?
    What kind of price is reasonable for something like a 2017 1-2k miles, extreme aero, stripes and a ~$130k MSRP?

Are people actually paying over MSRP or is that wishful thinking on the part of sellers?
    You're getting some good advice but you'll also get a lot of butt hurt advice in the process. In the end, get the ACR YOU want and forget about pricing/value. Find the one you bond with and drive the shit out of it, forget about future values. Good luck.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpMan View Post
    If we're all being serious and unbiased I think we can agree that long term the more rare and more hard core ACR-E with ACR VIN (not GTC ACR-E) will be the more valuable car for what that's worth. There's plenty of precedent to support this.
    If these are GTC cars, these will fetch higher than acr-e with ACR vin.
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/sup...re-last-four#1

[QUOTE=Dman;399426]First, welcome to the drama of the gen5 forums, lol.

Enjoy the hunt, best time of year for shopping cars, IMO.

A couple things I

- - - Updated - - -

Great post DMan!

I will second the fact that ACR-E specced GTC appear to have a higher desirability (and resale) than standard ACR-Es, this comes down to the more comfortable interior and the stereo from what I found in my search. But as pointed out you need to make sure you tick the right option boxes on the GTC to make sure we get all the yummy ACRE options making them indistinguishable from standard ACR-E at least from the outside.

Most high end owners desire uniqueness and appreciate many options to choose from in order to have that one off vehicle. This is where the One of One program comes into play and if properly selected can provide huge appeal to those owners looking for uniqueness.

Furthermore in the viper lineup where you have no engine options and few other mechanical options once the ACR-E package is selected (either standard or GTC) owners will look for other way to differentiate their Vipers and for me the full CF interior and exterior options is a must. Fully optioned CF Vipers are difficult to find and fetch more on the market but they are more than worth it IMO. CF options also offer one of the very few ways to differentiate apart from colors, it also looks amazing with the exposed CF Extreme wing.

To stripe or not to stripe: Some say its not a viper without stripes and there are plenty of options there which is great but having a plain solid color car stands out in a field of striped cars as well.

When it comes to mods the viper community is clearly different but generally speaking stock is king and from what I've seen there is some hesitation in the second hand market regarding moded cars which if done poorly is a costly fix.

In summary, GTC ACR-E with full CF options in the right color is the way to go but some could say that I am a wee bit biased....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Crossroads of America

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    But wait... Are we talking real ACR-Es or fake ACR-Es?
    The truth is the only built 28 real ACR-E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast