What s my car worth

I am the original owner of a 1997 Viper RT-10, blue with white stripes, one of fifty three. Unfortunately it is time to move on. I wish to put the car up for sale but I have NO idea of an asking price. All the valuation guides lump all RT-10s together. It has less than 13,000 miles, is in excellent condition and has always been serviced by Chuck Tator. I would appreciate all (serious) input from forum members.

Enthusiast
    CODY on another forum posted one in 2009 it says SOLD $36,900.

Back in 2016. Asking $62,000.
    https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Eads/38028/1257642

Best guess, I would think a value a little higher than a 1997 GTS is fair due to the rarity and super desirable color scheme.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Back In The Day, the 97 RT/10 BLUE was THE SCORE of Viper production rarity!

It came out before the less-rare GT2....

It has the Smoothie-G1 hood

It was the first Factory-Paint-Striped Roadster. ('96 RT were tape)

[1 97RT was solid Blue]

First Roadster with power windows and airbags.

The 2002 Final Edition "360-rare" was a marketing joke if you know the whole story.

Mambas came out; Then VOI and VCA editions came out trying to hype rarity.

First Eds B/W in 2006 and 2013..

More Final Eds in 2010..... aand rare "raffle cars"

And hundreds of G5 1-of-1 virtually negated Viper rarity.

My take is this: Its a Rare Car within a Rare Lineup of cars.

I hate to be the first to suggest a fair price, but if you asked $50-$55k I think someone might step up. Does it have both tops?

The tonneau-cover was optional in 1997....standard prior.

Good Luck
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 01-14-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA

Hi there , When you come up with a value I am a buyer. If it’s reasonable we could do a deal quickly thank you, Mike

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

I would think it might be even worth more than Jon B has noted as I sold one years ago and it went for right at 70K. It is one of the lost Vipers , in that many have never heard or seen one. In the entire time I have been at Woodhouse that was the only one I ever sold. When talking to serious Viper Collectors I have asked a lot of them if they had one and most of the time they told me they had never heard of the B/W RT-10. Start high and who knows , because it is one very rare Snake.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

Enthusiast
    Production numbers always make me lol. Almost no one cares how many of a car were made except the current owner and hopefully at least one buyer. It's interesting if you think of it this way, that maybe they didn't make many because no one was buying them. So you're relying on that interest to have flipped. And that now, people all of a sudden want what they didn't want 22 years ago.

Good luck selling it, but don't rely on historical ads as a reference point. Listed price can have nothing to do with the actual final sales price. If you weren't there when the money changed hands or if it wasn't a televised sale then good luck insisting any accuracy exists.

I would list it at $40K but be prepared to take less if you want a quick sale.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Listen to Dave and leave money on the table. This is the silliest rebuttal I have seen for quite awhile, since the Viper Team just made a limited run and it shocked folks even back then. Well, the real key is folks wanted them back then and they still want them. True to so many very short run machines there are folks who never heard of the car and once revealed interest grows. Like Jon B noted earlier , folks looked at this machine as one of the " Holy Grails, " and it still is. I did not go through a year selling Snakes where I didn't have some folks looking for a 97 B/W RT-10. Pretty sure from reading the above, ole Dave is trying to get your thinking down so he can buy it for himself, ha.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    [1 97RT was solid Blue]
    Wonder what ever happened to Bill Gill's blue RT/10. He pulled strings with Jim Holden to get that one built.

The last time a 96 GTS sold , I was at Mecum Auction in Fl sold for 70k, ( 2015 ) I know i was at 55k and stopped. But that was a 96.

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidvipervette View Post
    I am the original owner of a 1997 Viper RT-10, blue with white stripes, one of fifty three. Unfortunately it is time to move on. I wish to put the car up for sale but I have NO idea of an asking price. All the valuation guides lump all RT-10s together. It has less than 13,000 miles, is in excellent condition and has always been serviced by Chuck Tator. I would appreciate all (serious) input from forum members.
    Good luck with the sale! Wish I was in the market for one. When I was looking to buy my first Viper this is one of the cars that I wanted. I couldn't find one at the time that wasn't modified in some way. As others have suggested, start a bit on the high end and see what happens. As Jon B mentioned...its a rare Viper.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA

David, please let me know if you come up with a price
    Thanks,Mike

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    You guys are too funny. My viper is a rare viper, your viper is a rare viper, we all have rare vipers. VIPERS ARE ALL RARE.
    2001 VRY RT/10

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Mine is rarer than yours because its got stickers

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Listen to Dave and leave money on the table. This is the silliest rebuttal I have seen for quite awhile, since the Viper Team just made a limited run and it shocked folks even back then. Well, the real key is folks wanted them back then and they still want them. True to so many very short run machines there are folks who never heard of the car and once revealed interest grows. Like Jon B noted earlier , folks looked at this machine as one of the " Holy Grails, " and it still is. I did not go through a year selling Snakes where I didn't have some folks looking for a 97 B/W RT-10. Pretty sure from reading the above, ole Dave is trying to get your thinking down so he can buy it for himself, ha.

Dave is a consumer not a collector...........of cars anyway.

Hold out for the right buyer and anything is possible.
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

You have a PM.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Wonder what ever happened to Bill Gill's blue RT/10. He pulled strings with Jim Holden to get that one built.

I think Bill and Jim were solid old Mustang buds....... I think Jim has a Black Mamba now
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    I think Bill and Jim were solid old Mustang buds....... I think Jim has a Black Mamba now
    Close. Bill owned a Thunderbird parts company (similar to PartsRack) for many years. Jim Holden had a Thunderbird, which is where they got connected. Many, many years before Jim was promoted to the top. Last I knew Jim had many cars, some concour level. Including a 1 of 5 or something Hemi Challenger convert. Now that is worth some $$$$.

A big thank you to all who responded to my question. Great input from Jon B and Bill Pemberton. Mike, I'll reach out.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA

thank you