Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 122

Thread: BJ auction

  1. #51
    Nah that's a dealer sticker slapper too. The only authentic Special Edition cars are the 6 different ones produced by the manufacturer
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  2. #52
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,507
    I hear 'ya, but pricing on ACR/TA will be strong. Maybe because of color and limited numbers.

  3. #53
    What's most remarkable is how these cars nearly doubled in value in just 36 months. It took Countach, Ford GT, Diablo and many other collector cars many more years or decades to do that.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  4. #54
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,507
    What are the FGT's doing? Same forum should be a good yardstick for what we're really looking at.

  5. #55
    Healthy hammers. I saw some 300k. Heritage Edition cars are about 400k. Two 2017 ones hammered for 7 figs
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  6. #56
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,507
    Yeah NFGT is another world altogether. But 05/06 is more interesting for us.

  7. #57
    The 17 Gen V ACR SE cars appreciated faster than 05-06 FGT cars did. Eventually the SE snakes will be 1/2 mill
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Agreed, though I was rooting for a bigger number nonetheless. The other contrived component is saying its number such and such of the ring cars. That was created by the dealer and not by the manufacturer. I personally would rather have your car than that one.

    In any event, it might be appropriate to contact the Insurance carriers to increase the "agreed value " figures. The market is officially strong and the trend will continue in growing moving forward
    No number on that vehicle indicating 1of 5 nurburing, no special badge what so ever. Just a standard gtsr with decal.

  9. #59
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    What's most remarkable is how these cars nearly doubled in value in just 36 months.
    The economy could have something to do with that.

  10. #60
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    ^^^ Agree with this but for ACR/TA.
    Yup. Remember it was the ACR/TA that started this upward move when it sold for $231,000 at BJ two years ago plus buyer's commission. Viper Exchange currently has one for $219,000. There is one on eBay for $182,500 and another modified one was listed recently for $199,950 (no longer shows as far as I can tell so maybe it sold).

    The MSRP on the ACR/TA was something around $126,000. Mine will never be worth big bucks, too many miles on her - 20,000. It is also not just a sticker car. Each ACR/TA is actually a GTC ACR painted in TA Orange with TA brakes and TA interior. They all have ACR suspension and extreme aero. The factory provided both ACR and TA decals, like putting the American flag on GTS-Rs.

    Bill Pemberton built the car to be an economic track car, hence no fancy carbon fiber everywhere or too many other frills. They did come with the 12 speaker stereo although mine was upgraded by Woodhouse to the 18 speaker setup.

    The ACR/TAs are the only GTC cars that were allowed to be identical to each other and they have TA options that other ACRs don't have. The color alone generates a lot of interest. None the less I didn't buy mine as an investment. I bought it to drive and track. Went to the track today in Colorado. Nice day, chilly, but nice. Car behaved very well.
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 01-18-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  11. #61
    Enthusiast USAFPILOT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Spring TX
    Posts
    302
    what did the stryker red GTS sell for? I need the value of my 2015 Black GT to climb maybe just a little. that way I can keep driving it for free!

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
    what did the stryker red GTS sell for? I need the value of my 2015 Black GT to climb maybe just a little. that way I can keep driving it for free!
    220 for the stryker red 001 car

    Another solid sale was a 2100 mile red GTS at 96K

    High tide raises all ships
    '14 White TA #23 Bone Stock (/removed for Bryan)
    '15 Z06 M7 Bone Stock... okay, not really

  13. #63
    The 001 Stryker car was no ordinary Stryker red car. Besides being VIN 001 this car was previously auctioned off at BJ for charity.

    It was purchased via Barrett-Jackson in 2012 by Scott Thomas, with proceeds of the sale benefiting the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne was present for the Viper’s final assembly, and he handed the Viper’s keys over to Scott Thomas, who personally took delivery. Ralph Gilles, SRT President and CEO, who pushed for the Viper’s return, signed the passenger sun visor of this historic 2013 SRT Viper GTS. Finished in the launch edition color of Stryker Red and packing 640hp with a 6-speed manual transmission, it presents incredibly well and turns heads everywhere. In addition to the original SRT Viper Media Kit, its offering includes photographs taken on the day of delivery with all the factory workers posing behind the car, the original manufacturers brochures and other memorabilia from the 2013 Viper launch event, including pictures of Sergio Marchionne personally handing the car over to Scott Thomas.

  14. #64
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,507
    Mac Senna w 250 miles for $950k. 650s at $140k.

    05/06 Ford GT averaged $330k.

    Couple of Testarossa's at $110k.

    Recent model GT3RS $210k.

    Final year ACR-E's fetched $230k.

    On the whole, Vipers doing very well but mileage and production volume always going to be very important value determiners.
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 01-19-2020 at 06:45 AM.

  15. #65
    Seems like McLaren had a very weak showing. Under MSRP on them even the Senna.
    That's what happens when you introduce a new model every month.

  16. #66
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    305
    Who bought Voodoo 1 ? I would like to know why they paid so much. Does this bring the prices of the other Gen4 special editions up? Does it bring the price of the other Voodoo's up ?

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The economy could have something to do with that.
    Suspect it's a minimal factor since the vast majority of all other production cars are depreciating assets even in a strong economy.

    The SE cars check all the boxes for collectibility: hand made, 25th anniversary edition, numbered, last V10 made with a stick, final production year, race track records, etc. Even previous generations of the car stood out like that Gen 1 or the Special Edition Gen 4 cars.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  18. #68
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    305
    Is there any way that we can watch it and hear what the Steve is saying about the Voodoo? I know it was a raffle car but to bring an extra $100,000 WOW!

  19. #69
    It was challenging to hear anything with those damn commercials ruining the show. And I hate the whole switching channels thing. Glad I figured out how to stream it on the phone. Would've missed it otherwise. I attend the one in the northeast in first person with the bidder license. It's a lot of fun.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  20. #70
    I don't recall there being so many commercial interruptions in years past....and such lengthy ones. Literally missed at least 5-6 cars at a time going across during the breaks.

  21. #71
    What's most frustrating about it is the fact that they can split screen now. That way the entity paying to advertise still gets its exposure and the viewer can still watch the show. I believe discovery channel started it a bit but motor trend no dice.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  22. #72
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,165
    Dealer Slapper Sticker Car -- ACR/TA?? Man Policy at times you are just beyond hilarious, as not sure how a car approved and built by SRT/Dodge is a Dealer Slapper Sticker Car. Woodhouse did not want a clone to the Dealer Car shared with the others when the only difference was whose name was listed on the car. A call from the owner helped Dodge decide they would do a different one for us, and we scoped it all out with SRT/Marketing and, yes, upper management. Dodge made the plaques, made everything, and since we got some calls from folks high up in FCA stating what a great concept it was , we are more than content it was a wise choice. We did not win completely , because they would only approve 10 cars, I wanted 20. As noted above one owner sold his for 231K at Barrett Jackson and the die was set.

    Bad mouthing our Dodge approved and built Limited Model does not make it worth less or yours worth more, both are exceptional , short run Snakes and they each have a unique history in that Dodge made only a few , special Dealer models in the last year of production. Surprise us all and leave it at that and move on knowing there are plenty of special Vipers and take a pause and relish in that.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

  23. #73
    I imagine that the rates to run a commercial are equal or higher than those for major sporting events. The audience is huge. Network does not give a shit about providing entertainment.....they just want to cash in.

    Great to see some of those Vipers getting big numbers. I know that it doesn’t nessecarily mean that the real world pricing is affected much but it is still nice that they are getting some attention....something they really deserve.

  24. #74
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    The SE cars check all the boxes for collectibility: hand made, 25th anniversary edition, numbered, last V10 made with a stick, final production year, race track records, etc. Even previous generations of the car stood out like that Gen 1 or the Special Edition Gen 4 cars.
    All 2017 ACR-E's have those qualities but for the numbering aspect which, unlike most numbered editions in the world of collectible cars, was not very limited or differentiated. About 1/3 of all final year ACR-E's were numbered LE cars. About another 1/3 were 1-of-1 cars, and the last 1/3 were standard brochure cars. But they are all hand built, 25th Anny, last V10, track records, etc., etc.

    '05'06 FGT shows us all we need to know. 4000 total cars in the two years, 340 heritage edition cars, the only LE (about 8% of the total production). The FGT LE had unique color scheme, unavailable to anyone else, but was otherwise the same exact car as the non-LE cars. Nearly 15 years out of production, and a low mile LE fetches anywhere from 10-20% more money than a non-LE car ($330k vs. $400k). But all are quite a bit more valuable than they sold for, primarily because they are all awesome, highly desirable and obviously quite a rare sight (especially these days).

    Our Vipers are on a similar trajectory -- some would even argue are destined to shoot much higher just based on production volume alone (only about 750 ACR-E ever made). But LE is not going to be the massive differentiator alone. I think you will see some very unique, true 1-of-1 color combinations that will get big dollars as well (think Stryker colors, which none of the LE's took advantage of for some reason or another).

    But regardless of all of the foregoing, mileage is going to be your biggest problem if resale is important to you. If you believe you have a valuable LE, then you cannot drive it if you want to maximize its future value. And what fun is that?

    So, having an LE is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Why own it if you're not going to want to drive it for 10, 20, 30 years?

  25. #75
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    All 2017 ACR-E's have those qualities but for the numbering aspect which, unlike most numbered editions in the world of collectible cars, was not very limited or differentiated. About 1/3 of all final year ACR-E's were numbered LE cars. About another 1/3 were 1-of-1 cars, and the last 1/3 were standard brochure cars. But they are all hand built, 25th Anny, last V10, track records, etc., etc.

    '05'06 FGT shows us all we need to know. 4000 total cars in the two years, 340 heritage edition cars, the only LE (about 8% of the total production). The FGT LE had unique color scheme, unavailable to anyone else, but was otherwise the same exact car as the non-LE cars. Nearly 15 years out of production, and a low mile LE fetches anywhere from 10-20% more money than a non-LE car ($330k vs. $400k). But all are quite a bit more valuable than they sold for, primarily because they are all awesome, highly desirable and obviously quite a rare sight (especially these days).

    Our Vipers are on a similar trajectory -- some would even argue are destined to shoot much higher just based on production volume alone (only about 750 ACR-E ever made). But LE is not going to be the massive differentiator alone. I think you will see some very unique, true 1-of-1 color combinations that will get big dollars as well (think Stryker colors, which none of the LE's took advantage of for some reason or another).

    But regardless of all of the foregoing, mileage is going to be your biggest problem if resale is important to you. If you believe you have a valuable LE, then you cannot drive it if you want to maximize its future value. And what fun is that?

    So, having an LE is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Why own it if you're not going to want to drive it for 10, 20, 30 years?
    True. I think the most expensive one i saw was a white ACR-E, Matte White It sold at BJ for $286,000!

    By the way, I was surprised at the rather pedestrian cars that populated Saturday's docket. Maybe it is just my opinion but I thought there were many better cars earlier in the week that normally would have been sold on Saturday. Instead they were selling cars for $40-$50K on Saturday. Weird.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •