Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    80

    The Best GEN V Dodge Viper Special Editions

    Which Special Edition do you have?


    https://moparinsiders.com/we-look-at...cial-editions/

  2. #2
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Bruce H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,399
    This is a list of special editions, not "best" special editions. Best would only exist in the mind of the beholder...and likely the one in his garage!

    It missed listing the 2013 SRT Track Pack cars.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 65,000 kms, special occasion fun. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S, 16,000 kms, anytime fun.

  3. #3
    FTMFW!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,022
    Give me a break. The ACR/TA of course. Like duh!
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  5. #5
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,114
    I think my special edition one-of-one is the best, of course. While it was stuck in the shop waiting for parts, the service manager said it attracted quite the crowd, and a shit ton of pictures got taken. I should offer to let them rope it off in their showroom during the winter months just to attract customers. That would be a win-win - driving it during the winter over here is a white knuckle experience, so having it in a nice showroom would be a good place to plant it through the cold and rainy months.
    Last edited by Martin; 01-15-2020 at 07:30 PM.

  6. #6
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Bruce H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,399
    Some excellent guesses so far but no cigars!

    Here's a hint...

    DSC_4997 - Copy.JPG
    2014 SRT Black TA, 65,000 kms, special occasion fun. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S, 16,000 kms, anytime fun.

  7. #7
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,569
    Silly boys with shiny cars..........
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS/TA #42 Originally built by A&C BUT Redone by Vengeance
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C Torrie tuned - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - #7 of 35 cars made, Torrie Tuned - SOLD

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    276
    Stryker Purple.....amazing...worth a cool mil.

  9. #9
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,691
    I see that Policy finally got a new phone

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    832
    Any real ACR


    2010 ACRx #24

  11. #11
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Exhlr8n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    768
    I'll take this 1 off plush "Fake" ACR over any of those real ones or special editions. LoL

    I really like them ALL..! Never met a Viper I didn't like.

    Here is a little tease, a beautiful girl doesn't have to show you all her goodies at once.

    Lightroom_-2858.jpg

  12. #12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    ACRSNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,152
    Beautiful

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    This is a list of special editions, not "best" special editions. Best would only exist in the mind of the beholder...and likely the one in his garage!

    It missed listing the 2013 SRT Track Pack cars.
    Agree. 2013 Track Pack chiming in here!
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    I see that Policy finally got a new phone
    Lmaoooo.....nailed it Scott. Now that he's got a IPhone 6 he's a regular Ansel Adams.

  15. #15
    Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    urchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33
    Haha..........yep.
    2014 Anodized Carbon Special Edition GTS #8 of 50
    Chris

  16. #16
    LMFBOOOO.

    Imagine if the 1:28 had red wheels?!
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  17. #17
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Special Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    934
    Why do these "experts" always have it wrong when it come to TA 2's. They always say that they were limited production, they were not. He says 96 were produced. There were only about 30 to 40 (I'm not trying to start a pissing contest) true TA 2's produced. If they don't have this right why should I think any of the information is correct.
    Last edited by Special Ed; 01-16-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

  18. #18
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Bruce H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,399
    You have a Gen V special if...DSC_5479.JPG
    2014 SRT Black TA, 65,000 kms, special occasion fun. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S, 16,000 kms, anytime fun.

  19. #19
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    I'll take this 1 off plush "Fake" ACR over any of those real ones or special editions. LoL

    I really like them ALL..! Never met a Viper I didn't like.
    Tom, you are just jealous

    I agree on your second comment except there was this one............something about a dolphin........
    2010 ACRx #24

  20. #20
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    ACR-ISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    651
    I just never get tired of seeing Vipers...
    2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on... NorCal VOA Ops Director @acr_ish / @fivehundrednorth on IG

  21. #21
    Enthusiast TA Two Oh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I think my special edition one-of-one is the best, of course. While it was stuck in the shop waiting for parts, the service manager said it attracted quite the crowd, and a shit ton of pictures got taken. I should offer to let them rope it off in their showroom during the winter months just to attract customers. That would be a win-win - driving it during the winter over here is a white knuckle experience, so having it in a nice showroom would be a good place to plant it through the cold and rainy months.
    After the store where I bought mine underwent a massive renovation, I extended an offer to display my Viper in their beautiful new showroom during their grand opening. Knowing that it would attract people, I wanted to do them a favour since they'd treated me well. The General Manager replied: "Are you nuts? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Under no circumstances would I let you park your car in our showroom. This is a Dodge Store. Do you not know what kind of people shop here? They'd be stepping over the ropes, climbing on your car, knocking the stantions into it. A week in this place and you'd barely recognize your car." I was initially taken aback, but I ended up thanking him. And I had a good laugh afterwards thinking about how he described his clients.

    Perhaps Dodge buyers are more respectful in Northern California.
    2015 TA 2.0 Venom Black. 2001 Sapphire Blue Roadster SOLD, 1994 Viper Black Roadster SOLD

  22. #22
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Two Oh View Post
    After the store where I bought mine underwent a massive renovation, I extended an offer to display my Viper in their beautiful new showroom during their grand opening. Knowing that it would attract people, I wanted to do them a favour since they'd treated me well. The General Manager replied: "Are you nuts? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Under no circumstances would I let you park your car in our showroom. This is a Dodge Store. Do you not know what kind of people shop here? They'd be stepping over the ropes, climbing on your car, knocking the stantions into it. A week in this place and you'd barely recognize your car." I was initially taken aback, but I ended up thanking him. And I had a good laugh afterwards thinking about how he described his clients.

    Perhaps Dodge buyers are more respectful in Northern California.
    Thanks That's a good thing to consider. And, it's true that a Dodge dealership probably doesn't have the same kind of oversight in the showroom that the Lambo or Ferrari dealerships down the road would have. It's likely safer at my house, even if I'm constantly setting mouse traps in my garage and wiping mouse pee off of the Suntek (which, by the way, is outstanding at protecting against mouse pee).

  23. #23
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR
    Posts
    2,995
    WOW... 20 replies in 20 hours !!!
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  24. #24
    Enthusiast sadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Why do these "experts" always have it wrong when it come to TA 2's. They always say that they were limited production, they were not. He says 96 were produced. There were only about 30 to 40 (I'm not trying to start a pissing contest) true TA 2's produced. If they don't have this right why should I think any of the information is correct.
    I'm the only TA expert we need. Whoever is confused will be served.
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

  25. #25
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Quebec
    SilveRT8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Why do these "experts" always have it wrong when it come to TA 2's. They always say that they were limited production, they were not. He says 96 were produced. There were only about 30 to 40 (I'm not trying to start a pissing contest) true TA 2's produced. If they don't have this right why should I think any of the information is correct.
    Yes, and only 1 non-true GTC TA2 produced , and it's a Black '16
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Claude, '16 GTC-TA2.0 Black, Arrow PCM, Belanger, AR mufflers, 3.91 gears, UP Pulley
    '93 Gen 1 RT/10 Black / '19 GLC63S AMG / '17 Porsche 911 TTS Cabrio / '12 Harley FLH SE 135 ci


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •