VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California

Laguana Seca 105db Weekend

This will be a great event and I would be willing to bet close to 20 Vipers, or maybe more, will be there.

Rare opportunity to run at 105db at Laguana. If your interested sign up quickly, it will sell out fast

I'll be there Friday and Saturday

Mike

[I]WRLS is 105dB This Year!
    Hello Drivers,

Our 2020 event at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is open for business, and we have a sound limit of 105dB! We know many of you do not make 92dB, and we are VERY excited about this years situation. High-limit sound days are very few and far between, so do not miss this opportunity.

Details:

The dates are June 12, 13, and 14.
    Pricing is $439/day for Friday and Sunday.
    Saturday is $459.
    We are not currently taking Saturday-only signups.
    Beginners are welcome Friday; Sat/Sun require prior HPDE experience.
    Camping in the paddock might possibly happen; email us if you are interested (camping is definitely happening in the adjacent campground). If you're a beginner and cannot drive Friday, email us to discuss. If you have questions about the sound limit at WRLS, please also email us.

OK that is it

https://speedventures.us8.list-manag...2&e=1d711895d7
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Thanks for the heads up Mike, I looked yesterday or the day before and registration wasn't open yet.

Exhlr8n - Do you know what the db is of your Comp Coupe? I have never dealt with the sound limitation, I would love to go but I would hate getting there and not be able to run.
    2015 Competition Blue with Graphite Stripes
    Pilot of Comp Coupe Chassis #4 and Chassis # 120

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulltilt View Post
    Exhlr8n - Do you know what the db is of your Comp Coupe? I have never dealt with the sound limitation, I would love to go but I would hate getting there and not be able to run.
    My VCC has the short short pipes with headers, it is pretty loud. I have not tested its max DB. But I have been Black flagged a few times by the sound booth for 106.5+ with around 3/4 throttle in 3rd gear. So I end up coming into turn 5 with as much speed as possible, coast thru, then short shift into 4th, and stay light throttle until way to the sound booth. I keep that up to just before the turn in on turn 6. Kills the chance a little for an ultimate "Lap" time, but its still a blast. I'm slowly trying to push thru 5 and 6 a little faster to see where my cutoff would be before being Black Flagged again. I believe the type of weather that day can also effect the sound. I suppose someone could just blast thru on their last session and not worry about it. I haven't done that. It's my understanding they keep track of each excess db run and it could eventually cause them to lower it even more. I may eventually just fab a silencer of some sort.

There is going to be a great turn out of Vipers (probably 20+). Maybe 5+ Comp Coupes too.

Hope you make it..!
    Last edited by Exhlr8n; 01-21-2020 at 10:14 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Camping on site or off? Trying to decide if I want to rent a trailer or trailer and RV for the two days to make life easy.

First track day (in THIS Viper). Should I have an reservations running an open group here? Totally comfortable with you fast guys smoking by me! Will do my best to grab as many tows as possible.

Sound should be a non-issue. Only running hi-flo cats... excited to meet several of you guys! Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks!
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...
    @acr_ish and @fivehundrednorth (dot com) on IG

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR-ISH View Post
    Camping on site or off? Trying to decide if I want to rent a trailer or trailer and RV for the two days to make life easy.

First track day (in THIS Viper). Should I have an reservations running an open group here? Totally comfortable with you fast guys smoking by me! Will do my best to grab as many tows as possible.

Sound should be a non-issue. Only running hi-flo cats... excited to meet several of you guys! Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks!
    per Speed Ventures:
    Camping in the paddock might possibly happen; email us if you are interested (camping is definitely happening in the adjacent campground). If you're a beginner and cannot drive Friday, email us to discuss. If you have questions about the sound limit at WRLS, please also email us.

I'll be staying at a Hotel in Salinas.

Up to you on group, you could always ask to move to High Intermediate with point bye if you end up not feeling comfortable with the possible dive bombers.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    True. I think I'll be okay.

They said email if you wanna camp paddock. They are listing all those who reach out. No sense in renting an RV if I have to camp outside is the only reason I'm asking. I'll just bring my excursion and hotel it.
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulltilt View Post
    Tom wrote a good reply. Just want to add that the Sound Booth is the only monitor on the entire track. You can theoretically be at 120 dB or more around the entire track, just can not exceed 105db when you pass the booth.
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Tom wrote a good reply. Just want to add that the Sound Booth is the only monitor on the entire track. You can theoretically be at 120 dB or more around the entire track, just can not exceed 105db when you pass the booth.
    And sound booth is after 5 going up into 6, correct? Crappy spot to lose momentum. Smile and wave as you pass...

If you're not sure you can roll throttle hard and hard till you see a black flag with some Italian food on it... then it's time to back off!

Registered, see y'all there!