Thread: Nitrous install

Nitrous install

Hey guys, looking to install a nitrous outlet plate kit on my 05 (100 shot). Wanted to ask if anyone has done this and knew where to get a tach signal for the window switch and which wire to tap into for the TPS signal. I'm assuming the fuel injector wire would work for the tach signal, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jon_ganow View Post
    Hey guys, looking to install a nitrous outlet plate kit on my 05 (100 shot). Wanted to ask if anyone has done this and knew where to get a tach signal for the window switch and which wire to tap into for the TPS signal. I'm assuming the fuel injector wire would work for the tach signal, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience.
    I am not sure what connection points to use but I do have a progressive controller and other components if you have any interest in that. I removed the complete plate system form my 2010 a week ago as I bought a TT 06 Viper so I'm putting it back to stock. Let me know if you have any interest in the parts that will work for either Gen. Thanks

I appreciate the offer but I actually already have all the necessary parts. Hoping to install/Dyno tune by the end of the month

I found the unused slot 31 on c3. Would you be able to tell me where you got the pin? Did you just push the pin in and solder the wire afterwards?

You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

I used a wire pigtail from a used JTEC connector and installed into my connector. Remove the rubber plug and drill out the plastic plate inside. If You get a whole used connector you’ll be able to see how it comes apart before you attempt to install in yours.

PokeyL, That looks interesting. Where do you attach it? To a fuel injector wire?

Clamps on to any ignition feed, near a coil pack. No cut or splice. You have to find a 12 volt source and a ground. The the sensor picks up the flux in the wired supplies a nice square wave output: 5 volt, if I remember correctly.
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

You may want to verify the functionality of that on an odd fire engine with a common coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    You may want to verify the functionality of that on an odd fire engine with a common coil.
    Agreed...I used it to pick up a tach signal for my shift light. I just clamped it around one of my coil wires, and off I went. But that's on a Gen 4, which has a coil-near-plug ignition setup (one coil per cylinder). A fuel injector wire might work though...
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & MT Drag Radials)

May try that with the injector wire or try using it on pin 7 from the PCM. I tried wiring to that but had no signal like ramtuff experienced