Gen 2 New Roe Racing Supercharger Help

Help needed. Long story short my dad passed away and left his 1997 Gen 2 Viper to me. We bought one of the new Roe Racing super chargers however we have had problems with it installed. When we installed it the car drives fine with it on however when it idles cylinder 2 misfires. Does anyone else have/had this issue with the new Roe Superchargers?

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Arizona
    Did you check simple things like plug wire, coil, injector and plug?
    98 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle
    2014 Ftype V8S

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    As above.
    I would check connections on both ends of plug wires first. Then I would pull and check plugs as well as resistance in plug wires...particularly #2...all as a first step or two. Checking coil pack, injectors , drivers might come later.

Did I mention calling Roe Racing ?
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Yes I have talked to Roe multiple times confirming everything is good.
    Last edited by jdsayler96; 02-04-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Enthusiast
    What are you using to determine cylinder #2 is misfiring at idle? Misfire CEL for that cylinder or what?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    In my experience, these V-10's are deceptively strong on hard acceleration..and, therefore, can easily hide a dead plug from an unsuspecting owner. In my case, our 99 ACR felt strong, idled "well" with its lumpy cam, and showed no misfire codes. It was only when I changes plugs and wires at a few thousand miles that I discovered one totally fouled out plug. Interestingly, that plug wire tested extremely high for resistance...noting all of the other wires were OK.

Would hold a heat gun to the exhaust manifold and the temp for that cylinder never got above 70 degrees.
    Last edited by jdsayler96; 02-04-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Sorry if I’m saying any of this incorrectly, like I said it was my dads car and he was mechanically inclined unlike me haha

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Arizona
    Swap the plug wire from another cylinder and see if #2 fires and the one you moved the plug to does not. Make sure to swap at the coil as well!!
    98 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle
    2014 Ftype V8S

Enthusiast
    1) Pull the plug wire on #2 and with a new correct plug lay it on the exhaust header.

2) Pull the injector wire connector on #2.

3) Start car and look for spark at #2 plug. Should be very visible. If not you have a problem.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Jdsayler, you are getting many good pointers here...from folks who have considerable experience with Vipers. That said, if you are either uncomfortable with or not inclined to sort this on your own, I would suggest that you post your general location so that someone here can help you find a nearby Viper shop or at least a knowledgable Viper owner to assist you with this problem.

Unfortunately, your situation is not unusual as time passes and the original owners age or suffer health issues. Feel free to call me at 317 402 9013 if you wish to talk.

Enthusiast
    These tips are very good but one thing jumps out at me. I've been talking to Scott at Roe and they don't have any Superchargers available . He will make a decision later in the week on another run of them. If he got a new SC I would like to know where.

It was released a couple years ago, I saw new because it’s the new design they made. They took orders for them in 2016.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    what engine management system ?
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    Smoke test...especially if you just installed it. Maybe you jacked up the gasket somewhere near #2 firing order.
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR