Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
  1. #1
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808

    Carbon Fiber Grill Does anyone make one

    I'm adding the OEM carbon fiber taillight panel and OEM brake ducts to my ACR/TA. Does anyone make a grill out of carbon fiber? I think it would look killer with the other carbon bits. And what about the hood vents? I thought that Doug Shelby used to sell them from Xtreme Supercars but I don't see them listed on his site and the Xtreme website is a complete waste of time. I suppose I could have my grill wrapped but I don't know how good it would look (I do have a spare).
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  2. #2
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    BSLSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    124
    Don't think there's a CF grill but the viper store has the hood vents you're looking for: https://theviperstore.com/Viper5_Pro...rance_Body.htm
    2014 GTS

  3. #3
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Houston

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    43
    Where did you get your taillight surround panel and brake ducts? I have the CF hood vents and they are great. They really pop if you have a solid color car.

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    98intrigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    Don't think there's a CF grill but the viper store has the hood vents you're looking for: https://theviperstore.com/Viper5_Pro...rance_Body.htm
    They sell the APR carbon hood vents.
    Ryan - 14 Stryker Green Nth Moto Heads/Cam
    Past - 14 Stryker Green VE Stage II Heads/Cam, '16 ACR-E, '14 Anodized Carbon, '14 TA, Orange '03 Paxton vert w/coupe rear, Black '06 coupe w/SSG accents

  5. #5
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    BSLSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
    They sell the APR carbon hood vents.
    Thought it was Xtreme's? Nevertheless, I'd contact Xtreme directly: Xtremesupercarsinc@gmail.com.
    2014 GTS

  6. #6
    agency power makes front brake cooling ducts in carbon but tha'ts as much of the grill that you're going to get in carbon.

  7. #7
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by threatta View Post
    Where did you get your taillight surround panel and brake ducts? I have the CF hood vents and they are great. They really pop if you have a solid color car.
    The brake ducts were supplied by Woodhouse. The taillight panel by Prefix. My car is getting the 9 liter treatment.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    Don't think there's a CF grill but the viper store has the hood vents you're looking for: https://theviperstore.com/Viper5_Pro...rance_Body.htm
    Thanks. I was actually thinking of the 6 hood vents not just the bezels and not the ones over the tires.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  9. #9
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    BSLSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Thanks. I was actually thinking of the 6 hood vents not just the bezels and not the ones over the tires.
    AFAIK, nobody makes those. I'd also be interested if someone did.
    2014 GTS

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    AFAIK, nobody makes those. I'd also be interested if someone did.
    I would think the 6 hood vents in carbon fiber and a carbon fiber grill would be hot items. Probably expensive as hell though. I really like the idea of a carbon fiber grill.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  11. #11
    Enthusiast SLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    142
    I haven't heard of anyone making the front grill in CF. That would have to be a pretty intricate mold.

    Out of curiosity does that front grill serve any functional purpose? I want to simply remove it if not.

    Edit: Found the answer:
    https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ht=front+grill
    Last edited by SLP; 02-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    2013 GTS - Self Installed Heads/Valvetrain/Cam/Custom Exhaust. Triple carbon clutch and built tr6060.

  12. #12
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Willow Park, Tx
    Posts
    95
    I bought the Xtreme cf hood vents and added my own mesh like Ben Gilby. Took some time and patience. I’ll install them Monday night. Here is a pic of 3 of them done. I didn’t like the open look without the mesh.

    F3383547-0458-4436-9579-D4CECFD1552F.jpg
    Last edited by dsp300c; 02-15-2020 at 01:57 PM.

  13. #13
    Great job! Now i have 1 of 2 with carbon and metal vents... lol
    2014 SRT Viper GTS - Viper White
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS - GTS Blue w/White

  14. #14
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Exhlr8n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    I bought the Xtreme cf hood vents and added my own mesh like Ben Gilby. Took some time and patience. I’ll install them Monday night. Here is a pic of 3 of them done. I didn’t like the open look without the mesh.

    F3383547-0458-4436-9579-D4CECFD1552F.jpg
    They look really good. Nice work!

  15. #15
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    I bought the Xtreme cf hood vents and added my own mesh like Ben Gilby. Took some time and patience. I’ll install them Monday night. Here is a pic of 3 of them done. I didn’t like the open look without the mesh.

    F3383547-0458-4436-9579-D4CECFD1552F.jpg
    Can you point us to where to buy the wire mesh?
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

  16. #16
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Willow Park, Tx
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Can you point us to where to buy the wire mesh?
    I bought this stuff in the link below bc it was delivered as a flat sheet. I did buy something else first before this but the dumbazz delivered it rolled up and I couldn’t get the waves/wrinkles out.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCG-UNIVERS...pid=1937990099

  17. #17
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    I bought this stuff in the link below bc it was delivered as a flat sheet. I did buy something else first before this but the dumbazz delivered it rolled up and I couldn’t get the waves/wrinkles out.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCG-UNIVERS...pid=1937990099
    Thanks! Did you cut it with snips or a grinder?
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

  18. #18
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Willow Park, Tx
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Thanks! Did you cut it with snips or a grinder?
    I cut a rough shape with snips. Glued it down to the cf ring in certain spots with window adhesive that I had leftover from my spoiler. Let it dry. I used mini spring clamps to hold it while it dried. Once dried I Snipped the edges more so nothing stuck out. Then I went back and filled in all the edges with more adhesive so there were no gaps. Now I just have to install them with double sided tape tomorrow Bc it will be in the 70s here in Dallas.

    Before you get started with the whole project be sure to test a cf ring in the hood so you how much of the back edge in the cf ring needs to be exposed so you have room to double sided tape it down to the hood.

  19. #19
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp300c View Post
    I cut a rough shape with snips. Glued it down to the cf ring in certain spots with window adhesive that I had leftover from my spoiler. Let it dry. I used mini spring clamps to hold it while it dried. Once dried I Snipped the edges more so nothing stuck out. Then I went back and filled in all the edges with more adhesive so there were no gaps. Now I just have to install them with double sided tape tomorrow Bc it will be in the 70s here in Dallas.

    Before you get started with the whole project be sure to test a cf ring in the hood so you how much of the back edge in the cf ring needs to be exposed so you have room to double sided tape it down to the hood.
    Got it, and thanks for the tip.
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

  20. #20
    Those do look great. I never liked the open hole in the CF ring either. Will be curious to hear how your project turns out once installed and hoping fitment is proper.
    Blake

    2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

  21. #21
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Willow Park, Tx
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    Those do look great. I never liked the open hole in the CF ring either. Will be curious to hear how your project turns out once installed and hoping fitment is proper.
    I’ll post some pics this week hopefully.

  22. #22
    2014 SRT Viper GTS - Viper White
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS - GTS Blue w/White

  23. #23
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BJG32 View Post
    Metal mesh as well?
    2014 Carbon Edition 1 of 10 GTS/TA #42 A&C Performance H/C
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - plaqued #7 of 35 cars made - SOLD

  24. #24
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by BJG32 View Post
    Look great! How is the mesh secured to the carbon fiber ring?
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  25. #25
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    2,808
    I'm currently not near my cars otherwise I could simply answer this question myself. Is there a difference in the hood vents between the ACR and a non-ACR?
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •