41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 19.51%
  • No

27 65.85%
  • Depends on the powertrain

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Since we're dreaming.... I still think this is a better rendering for a mid engine Viper.
    mid-engined-dodge-viper-rendered-as-c8-chevrolet-corvette-rival-123006_1.jpg
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

better ....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Amazing how good the ME 412 still looks today ! Best looking idea of the entire group, imho.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    The render that Murpowa linked to is far and above better than that stretched monstrosity that Gen5snake linked to IMO.

I could get behind the render from ViperNC as well.
    - Patrick (VOA Carolinas Region)
    2000 Viper RT/10 (Steel Gray) BEENBIT
    2006 Viper SRT10 (VOI9 Edition) R3PTILE

Enthusiast
    My money would be on the rendering from ViperNC!!! If they build it... they will come!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    what would be the advantage of a mid/rear engine setup if we already have a 50/50 weight distribution? Is a 40/60 better for track purposes?
    Some advantages of the 40/60 vs 50/50 set up are that for a rear wheel drive car, you can get better acceleration if comparing same size tires. Upon heavy braking on a road course, weight moves forward, and gives a better balance with distribution moving toward 50/50 and allows the car to rotate better. I am sure it is way more complicated than that; but, that is the simplistic idea that I get from reading on the subject.
    Jim

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Just out of curiosity, what would be your take if FCA does eventually does come out with a mid-engine V10 vehicle and badged it as the Copperhead instead of the Viper?

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    Take a drink every time someone does a render and every website evar steals it and than fabricates some article about FCA building a mid-rear-engined Viper.
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

Enthusiast
    What JPL said, build a modern version of the ME 412 and call it a day. Forget the Viper, do something new and different.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Take a drink every time someone does a render and every website evar steals it and than fabricates some article about FCA building a mid-rear-engined Viper.
    I 2nd that. But haven't seen a mid-rear-engined T/A or VooDoo rendering yet.

The last time I talked with the higher ups at FCA, they told me they had top men working on it right now. Top. Men.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    It ain't that bad. I like some other renderings, BUT, call it something else other than Viper.
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Absolutely build the ME412 as the next gen Viper!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    No air intake for the V-10.......

Build the Chrysler ME 412
    2014 Viper SRT-GT stryker green,2006 Viper SRT10 red vert,2015 Viper GT competition blue/silver stripes,2019 Scat Pack Charger ,2017 Ram 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4,2015 Chrysler Town & Country Van
    Previous Vipers 1994 RT10 black,2006 Viper SRT10 blue/silver stripes, 2008 Viper SRT10 black/gray stripes

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Sad replacement for a Viper. Yuk! Hope it ain't true.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

too much vette, not enough viper... still looks very nice/fun to drive

If the rendering would be ‘based’ on the gen 1 vs the gen 5 it would prob be a diff story ��

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    You guys are kidding, right? That's just a Lamborghini Gallardo police car. Lamborghini does this all the time.

widescreen_lamborghini_italian_police_car-wide.jpg

Huracan Police.jpg

Don't even get me started on the police cars in Dubai.

Bugatti Police.jpg

Viper Police.jpg

Viper Police.png
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Forgot about that. Love the Viper police car. My son would trade it for his "gray ghost" Charger in a heartbeat. Cool that he has a Mopar cop car anyway.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    2015-12-02-14-00-40.jpg
    yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all ugly

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Horrible thing to do to a Viper!:mad:

You guys are kidding, right? That's just a Lamborghini Gallardo police car. Lamborghini does this all the time.

widescreen_lamborghini_italian_police_car-wide.jpg

Huracan Police.jpg

Don't even get me started on the police cars in Dubai.

Bugatti Police.jpg

Viper Police.jpg

Viper Police.png
    2014 Viper SRT-GT stryker green,2006 Viper SRT10 red vert,2015 Viper GT competition blue/silver stripes,2019 Scat Pack Charger ,2017 Ram 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4,2015 Chrysler Town & Country Van
    Previous Vipers 1994 RT10 black,2006 Viper SRT10 blue/silver stripes, 2008 Viper SRT10 black/gray stripes

Quote Originally Posted by kriskyk View Post
    It's dope.... Just because it's rear engine doesn't mean all the cooling auxillary are in the rear... The hood vents could still serve as a functional design
    Exactly, there are a few reasons to remotely locate cooling auxiliaries. Weight distribution, superior air flow, ease of access.
    06 Srt10 Coupe, 16 Kia Sportage

V10 Time

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    This is just BS fake news. It's seriously just a Gallardo. LOL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    We need to get away from the 'Vette and Huracan renders that were modified with some elements from the Viper. And why mid-engine? Just because everyone else is doing it? Why not continue to evolve the Cobra Daytona that is the heritage of our cars?

I think Aston did it right, even if they stole our thunder. But FCA, if it ever found the funding to do so (and it never will), should use the Aston as its design brief and take it from there.

Obviously, it should look different, but FCA would definitely need to go super modern with the body lines and details, but keep the proportions, just like Aston did. I am okay with paddle shift, a small displacement TT v-10 engine that revs to the moon, 3k lbs, and 800hp. 2,000 cars per year. I'd like to see the price at $160k.

Then I'd like to see an ACR version that is extremely limited (no more than 10% of production, or approx. 20 cars), with 900hp+, some wide body details that cannot simply be tacked on by the aftermarket, ridiculous aero with active components, more bespoke interior (think carbon interiors ala F488 Pista) and custom exterior finishes (candies and multi-layer pearls and metallics), at $250k - $300k.

I would care first and foremost about look and feel -- ridiculous design, awesome interior, insane exhaust sound, fun to drive. Performance would come second (flame suit on), but needs to be competitive -- 0-60 in 2.8, 1/4 mi. in the 9's, 220mph top speed (think 720S levels), but does not need to set any records (the Ford GT sure as hell did not).

Frankly, I much rather have something like that instead of the "me-too" mid-engine cars that are now a dime-a-dozen.

Daytona_thumb.jpg
    Aston.jpg
    Aston2.png
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 03-19-2020 at 10:34 AM.

I have to agree with Scott. While the rear engine is a cool concept, it is now the norm with most manufacturers that offer a high end car. It is getting harder and harder to tell them apart.

So doing something like what Scott suggest, would be very cool. It would distance it from the trendy ones and as mentioned, it does not have the set records. It just has to be a car that people take note of and that has the balls to do its own thing

I am on board....just build it already

Theres a reason why mid-engine is becoming so popular.. as the performance envelope increases weight distribution and center of inertia ht/location matter more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast