Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar

CORONA Virus shield Oh How to Keep my Hands Below my Chin

Theee Virus is in the PAC-NW! What's a nose-picker to do???

Veterinary Elizabethan Collar anyone?

Sizes avail to fit Dachshunds to Danes ...... Pencil neck pin-heads to Pumpkin heads?!?

Meanwhile, Lysol-wiping all shipments from here....
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

And on the East Coast apparently they think lowering AFR by 1% will combat a virus. Idiots...
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    And on the East Coast apparently they think lowering AFR by 1% will combat a virus. Idiots...
    Agreed. You want a leaner AFR to suppress a virus. That's just simple stoichiometry and biomedicine, there.
    Jim

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    The bubble has not burst here fully yet but we have over 50 cases in the UK, Government sending out mixed messages on what people are supposed to do. Hospital workers who are on Zero hour contracts and have no sick pay,say they will still go to work in the hospital because they need the money! Some small business / public meetings in the capital cancelled yet Large Sporting events where hundreds of thousands of people will attend and use public transport to get to the Venues are NOT currently cancelled,

Clearly shows that no one in Government the UK has a clue how to deal with the Virus! Worst terms they are talking up to 80% of the country "Might" be affected by the end of the year!

Best drive the Life out of your Vipers Now!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Theee Virus is in the PAC-NW! What's a nose-picker to do???
    I bet people would wear them too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    I would not like to sneeze in one of those It could get messy

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    As long as their nasty droplets stay inside the cone!
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Just rotate 10 degrees after every sneeze.... After 36 sneezes, visibility will be reduced. Clean Collar or discard.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    We could always get these

VOA Mamba Member
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)

Cool It s tasty

2008 Venom red SRT-10 | 2002 FE GTS
    2010 SRT-8 Jeep | WW2 Willys Jeep

OK....in all seriousness....

The first case in Texas just showed up in my county. Honestly, it is scary. Let me tell you what you are all in for...……..

First, you will get no information. In my case, a 70 year old man is now in "stable" condition. We have a fairly populous country. You would expect that the government would be forthcoming......they will not. The government officials are trying to use HIPA laws to limit the information coming out. HIPA was never intended to cover information on where a person travels, plane they took, restaurants they ate at etc. The government, however, does not release anything. Instead of one section of the county being on edge, the entire country now doubts what is going on. Fear spreads......

Second, you will have a bunch of high paid idiots show up and say "Wash your hands". Other than that there are no answers.

The whole spectacle is insulting and you wonder about just how much of your taxes go to these morons.....

South West Houston - Fort Bend Country is in a state of shock....people are not going out......the internet is going crazy and you get "Wash Your Hands".....

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    So basically, your Government is giving out the same message as ours. Meanwhile latest rise in UK is now at 96 persons so that's a 50% rise in 24 hours!

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Spring break is nearly upon us. That's travel time for millions. You think people will cancel their prepaid and long awaited vacations?

I fear it's going to be armageddon when all these travelers return.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    Fear is a powerful thing. In the attempt to stop a panic, there can be a lack of information. But that lack of information leaves people free to speculate and fill in the blanks themselves.

Do you run to the ER every time you get a sniffle? I don't. The diagnosed cases of COVID-19 are just that. Diagnosed. In a medical facility.

COVID-19 does not turn people into zombies or cause you to grow a second head. If it did, it would be much easier to figure out who has it. There MUST be oodles of people who have been infected, thought it was a standard cold or flu, did nothing out of their ordinary, and recovered. All without anyone else knowing.

COVID-19 is not mustard gas. Sneezing into the wind will not infect a city. It's going to be passed, as all colds and flus are passed, by direct contact with it. If you are sick, you cough or sneeze into your hands, and then your hands touch stuff, and other people touch stuff and then touch one of their openings, and that's how they get sick. So yes. Wash your hands. Tell your bacteria-riddled snotnose children to cover their mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze. Stay away from super-crowded places. Use hand sanitizer. If you're sick, FFS, stay home from work if at all possible.

These are things that you should do with any kind of cold or flu. They are common sense. Why is being told to do this now all of a sudden some kind of governmental cover-up?
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

I've got a trip to Scottsdale later this month scheduled and my plan is simple: Bring some Clorox wipes, hand them out to my seat mates, and tell them: "Well.... this plane isn't going to clean itself. Lets get busy."
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Fear is a powerful thing. In the attempt to stop a panic, there can be a lack of information. But that lack of information leaves people free to speculate and fill in the blanks themselves.

Do you run to the ER every time you get a sniffle? I don't. The diagnosed cases of COVID-19 are just that. Diagnosed. In a medical facility.

COVID-19 does not turn people into zombies or cause you to grow a second head. If it did, it would be much easier to figure out who has it. There MUST be oodles of people who have been infected, thought it was a standard cold or flu, did nothing out of their ordinary, and recovered. All without anyone else knowing.

COVID-19 is not mustard gas. Sneezing into the wind will not infect a city. It's going to be passed, as all colds and flus are passed, by direct contact with it. If you are sick, you cough or sneeze into your hands, and then your hands touch stuff, and other people touch stuff and then touch one of their openings, and that's how they get sick. So yes. Wash your hands. Tell your bacteria-riddled snotnose children to cover their mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze. Stay away from super-crowded places. Use hand sanitizer. If you're sick, FFS, stay home from work if at all possible.

These are things that you should do with any kind of cold or flu. They are common sense. Why is being told to do this now all of a sudden some kind of governmental cover-up?
    This issue is quite simple when you look at it.
    1) We have individuals in our local government who do not tell us what the travel plans or activities of an infected person were. These individuals were out in the open public, so nothing can be considered "secret".
    2) The public should know where and when this infected individual was in the open community as a public health issue so issues can be addressed.
    3) The local government refuses to do so.
    4) Other areas (local governments) do not follow this standard. Think about it. People were on the "Diamond Princess". Why wasn't that "protected information"? We know people's travel plans.
    5) You have some areas doing things right and then you have others who have no clue.
    6) IF you look at it in another context, it is even more stupid. If you have an STD and you intentionally have sex with another person, you can be charged with battery. The defense of "I did not know that she would actually catch something" is not successful. Here....we have a deadly disease. People walk around with impunity because others think they are "protected under HIPA".
    7) People are morons...….this has got to be solved but quick or there will be super serious consequences...…

And don't get me started on what will happen in the hospitals if there is a swarm of people going there. If you are in a border town in Texas and there are a lot of illegal aliens in the community for whatever reason. If these unfortunate individuals get infected and are in all the ICU beds if this goes really bad, will there be room for the citizens who actually contributed to the health care system? Do they kick out a "non-paying" person to put a "paying" person in for care? Is health care now rationed based upon first in, first served? Are you lucky if you get it first? Unlucky if you get it three weeks from now and are told that you must "self isolate" because there are no beds?

These are all super serious questions that nobody wants to think about, talk about, or be questioned about because they will be considered "xenophobic" or some other garbage.

As far as I am concerned....a 2 percent death rate is unacceptable. Just because people are older when they die from this does not make their lives any less valuable.

I expect a lot from my tax dollars.

I agree w/ Savage but consider:

Ill see your 1 infection in your TX county, and raise you with 10 Deaths in WA state where I live. 10 of 11 dead in USA are in WA. Big businesses closing; schools closing; Events cancelling; Cruise ships delaying.....

Yesterday a China-USA-Portland traveler gave this chilling TV interview:

He was in central China, 1300 miles from epicenter, 30 days. His Chinese locale became a rationing, quarantined ghost town.

He took a train and then a boat to Hong Kong, mandatory masked. Train to HKG Airport
    He flew to Vancouver BC Canada. Temperature checked entering Canada.

He changed planes to fly to SEATTLE WA , then PORTLAND OR with ZERO checks, questions, or questionnaires. Free to roam.

He feels that he should self-isolate for 14 days. Local health dept agreed.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    Yea- i expect JACK SHIT from my tax dollars and just about everything else! Our state and federal government is the most CORRUPT in the world!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    There was supposed to be an exclusive supercar club meet in London, they have decided to Postpone it until July!!

Now at the moment there is a small amount of people that have the Virus, so why not continue with the show? It's not like thousands attend.

But to have the Show in July the chances are the Virus will be even more wide spread than it is now NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesax View Post
    Yea- i expect JACK SHIT from my tax dollars and just about everything else! Our state and federal government is the most CORRUPT in the world!
    Originally being from New Jersey, I agree with you. Texas is really more prepared than most. If this is indicative of what we are in for (in Texas), hold on.....it's not going to be pretty.

For Jon-B...I was not trying to compare our lone case to your problems up there. I was just trying to sensitize others who are on the forum as to the issues. It is coming and coming very fast. Best of luck to you...

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Wash your hands, don't shake hands with people, wear a mask if you are likely to be in a close environment (Traveling on Underground system) You could even get some disposable latex gloves.

Good luck at NVE Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.....I recommend Old No7

But it's OK the Tokyo Olympics is still on
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 03-05-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patentlaw View Post
    Originally being from New Jersey, I agree with you. Texas is really more prepared than most. If this is indicative of what we are in for (in Texas), hold on.....it's not going to be pretty.

For Jon-B...I was not trying to compare our lone case to your problems up there. I was just trying to sensitize others who are on the forum as to the issues. It is coming and coming very fast. Best of luck to you...

No issue, but I just went out on my deck to cough and sneeze......and I faced toward TEXAS !!

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    ^^^^^^^^^^ Advice from Dr. Drew. Worth a peek.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast