Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beth Sewell
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Bernie Katz BJ Motors & Viper Exchange

Dear members,

We received a note from Ben Keating this morning to tell us that his good friend, long time Viper owner, aficionado, VOA supporter and all around amazing car salesman Bernie Katz passed away last night. We have no other information at this time about it but will update as we know more.

Whether you loved him, hated him, tolerated him, or depended on him he was an integral part of our community.

Beth
    '08 Venom Red Roadster with ACR aero
    '08 Black with graphite stripe ACRX clone - gone to the great race track in the sky
    '10 White ACRX #18
    '14 White Medusa #1 of 10 w/ ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    Condolences to everyone who knew him... I've never met him, but know the Viper community has lost an important man in the community. RIP
    2014 GTS

Very sorry to hear. Bought my first Viper, my 2003 from him in April 2010. Only dealt with him on the phone. Picked it up in Virginia from his wife, and drove it home.
    My sympathies to his family.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Houston

Still processing this news after seeing email from Richard this morning ... Doesn't seem real. I bought my current Viper from Bernie, always enjoyed my time at VE / BJM. Saddened, Mike M

Holy shit. That's terrible, prayers to his family and friends.

I just emailed him this morning.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar

Bernie Katz Passing

Sad that BK is gone from us. Some are unaware that he was also a Comp Coupe and ACR-X racer in VRL and Viper Cup. I had the privilege to pace and paddock with Bernie many times. He began his exotic car biz before Vipers, back in VA/MD as I recall. I had a Ford GT biz deal with him a few years back, and I exchanged Vipers with him twice, including my current car in Avatar<< He was also my customer about a hundred times.

BK's passing will leave a big gap in quality Viper knowledge and availability, and fair dealing.

Race In Peace big guy

BERNIE, In His Own Words and Pix: https://blog.dupontregistry.com/deal...track-records/
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-11-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    Jon, you are correct he started here in Goochland , outside of Richmond then went worldwide with Ben in Texas selling Vipers and exotics. He was quite a character and very knowledgeable. He helped me more than once. Terry
    17 GTS-R, 92 Viper, (Lutz VIN 00002) , 06 Heritage Ford GT, 19 Ferrari 488 Pista,
    15 Lamborghini Aventador, 18 Ford GT

Enthusiast
    RIP #91

Extremely sad news. Bernie was huge asset to the Viper community. Condolences to all who knew him.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    WOW, I believe he was only 59! Very sad news indeed.

Happier times
    1555920850052.jpg

Condolences to his family and friends

Shocked and saddened. Bought four new Vipers from Bernie and had no complaints. Usually sealed the deal in two emails. Didn't know him personally but I'll bet he was a fun guy to be around. Condolences to all. Viper community has lost a huge asset.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar

Bernie Katz Passing

Bernie Tidbit:

A lot of my customers began their calls with "I just got a Viper from Bernie Katz!" Sad, I wont be hearing that now.

BK was METICULOUS about knowing and disclosing any/all minute details about a car he was buying or selling. Including some of the trivia that I archive. Not just to value it, but he felt he OWED his customers the most nit-picking details he could muster. He did not want to disappoint anyone. Many of our calls surrounded him improving/upgrading worn or aged items on his cars for sale. He was great with follow-up while I was waiting for his on-time vehicle pick/ups and deliveries.

Definitely a loss to our greater Viper family.

BERNIE, in his own words and pix: https://blog.dupontregistry.com/deal...track-records/
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-11-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Wow this is shocking news. RIP Bernie.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

That's terrible news. I met Bernie at the Ring when they were doing the Ring run. Very nice guy. Very sad as he was so young..

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Such horrible news I will miss you my friend
    Ontrackinsurance.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Devastated to hear this news. RIP Bernie.
    2002 GTS ACR Yellow/black
    2017 GTC ACR-E Yellow/black

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    Deepest condolences from our Viper family. Definitely a huge loss to our community.
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes

NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Dealt with him on a Viper a couple years ago and he was a stand up guy pretty shocked prayers to his family

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA
    Heartbreaking to say the least. Bernie was so passionate and knowledgeable, and I always enjoyed his company. He truly loved being at the track and mentioned that being at Le Mans with Ben last year was one of his best memories. He's done so much for the Viper community and will most definitely be missed. Prayers for his family.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT

Bernie will be missed
    RIP viper friend
    Sincere condolences to the family
    Steven and Maria

Prayers to his family. He treated me with the upmost respect on my Viper purchase. Always wanted to buy from him again. So sad.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    I'm stunned to read the very sad news of Bernie's passing! I'm in disbelief! I bought my first Comp Coupe from Bernie, his #91 car, the yellow CC62 car while down in Daytona, right off the track when he finished the race. It was a great car, as he promised. I've stayed in touch with Bernie through the years and always enjoyed speaking with him. He will be missed! Our condolences! May his memory be eternal.

This is indeed horrible news. I might well have been Bernie’s final customer. My transporter picked up the Ford GT I bought from him on Sat morning. I had a great experience with him. Super easy deal. A quick email, then a quick text message, and we were done. We really connected. Obviously, he was a bona fide enthusiast with a deep wealth of experience and knowledge. Sadly, I had planned on buying many other cars from him in the ensuing years. In fact, I was about to make an offer on a Viper ACR he has.

So, I found out yesterday from his wife. I was following up with him regarding the title and a couple punch list items, when she, replying from his phone, indicated that he had passed and that she was now going to follow up with those items. I offered a quick apology for the inconvenience and heartfelt condolences. I told her I would pray for her and all Bernie’s loved ones. Only 59 years old, which is basically just a kid nowadays. Nothing is promised, life every day to the max. Drive it like you stole it.

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Im not sure what to say other then RIP Bernie. Condolences to his family and friends for their loss.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)

Definitely a legend that will be missed in our community. We raced side-by-side for several years in the Viper Racing League, and he was fierce but fair on the track. Too young. RIP buddy...
    1996 GTS, 2003 Comp Coupe, 2014 GTS in GTSR Blue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast