Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Ontario
    SharpMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
    The rods, pistons, wrist pins and crankshaft are the first. Once I have the car in my possession (July/August), I will look and evaluate. Maybe there will be something totally outrageous that would be fun.
    You and Doug Shelby should get together. Maybe a collab?
    Want a mod that makes your car faster? Fix the nut behind the wheel!

  2. #27
    Delete
    Last edited by Robert Linton; 03-21-2020 at 05:11 AM.

  3. #28
    From what I have seen, in what he does, Doug Shelby currently supplies the most well thought-out aftermarket Viper parts. In fact, I have ordered most of Doug's parts for my Viper.

    Another part that I have already ordered is the carbon clutch supplied by Nth Moto.
    Last edited by Robert Linton; 03-21-2020 at 08:32 AM.

  4. #29
    Enthusiast Steve M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    3,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
    From what I have seen, in what he does, Doug Shelby currently supplies the most well thought-out aftermarket Viper parts. In fact, I have ordered most of Doug's parts for my Viper.

    Another part that I have already ordered is the carbon clutch supplied by Nth Moto.
    Doug's parts and service speak for themselves. Truly an asset to the Viper community.

    The Nth Moto clutch is also top notch. Best aftermarket clutch I've ever owned, hands down.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s)

  5. #30

  6. #31
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
    From what I have seen, in what he does, Doug Shelby currently supplies the most well thought-out aftermarket Viper parts. In fact, I have ordered most of Doug's parts for my Viper.

    Another part that I have already ordered is the carbon clutch supplied by Nth Moto.
    Make sure you got the triple, not the quad. The triple is plenty strong and lighter. Do you have some kind of goal weight on this car?
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  7. #32
    Thank you.

    No goal at this point but my guess is that anything less than 150 pound to 200 pound weight reduction will have little or no real effect upon performance/handling.

    P.S. The normally aspirated horsepower goal is 850 - 900.
    Last edited by Robert Linton; 03-21-2020 at 01:57 PM.

  8. #33
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
    Thank you.

    No goal at this point but my guess is that anything less than 150 pound to 200 pound weight reduction will have little or no real effect upon performance/handling.

    P.S. The normally aspirated horsepower goal is 850 - 900.
    What tires are you going to run? The kuhmo's are absolute boat anchors. I have the same wheels as you, but 18X13 18X12 and with Hoosiers the car dropped 80 lbs alone just from that. You going with Doug's Tillett seat set up? That will be 150 lbs just from wheels/tires and seats. How much weight are the motor internal parts projected to save?
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  9. #34
    Will be staying with the OE seat. Am not a racer (never have been) and do want at least some comfort. With size tire do you use front and rear? Thank you.

  10. #35
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
    Will be staying with the OE seat. Am not a racer (never have been) and do want at least some comfort. With size tire do you use front and rear? Thank you.
    ahhh, ok, not getting as hardcore with this as the Porsche? hehe. The Tilletts are actually supposed to be a lot more comfortable than they look. I run Michelin slicks now
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

  11. #36
    Actually not. I have always kept my cars comfortable. In fact, usually adding more leather, retaining or enhancing the sound system, etc. For me weight reduction is not about removing (stripping) things, but is about redesigning/re-engineering components to be lighter, stronger and better. And as I am not, nor ever have been, a racer, would never run slicks nor subject myself to the discomfort (for me) of a racing shell type seat (although, if I would, I might choose Recaro or build a seat specifically for my needs).
    Last edited by Robert Linton; 03-21-2020 at 06:34 PM.

  12. #37
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

    Supporting Vendor
    SSGNRDZ_28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brownsburg, IN
    Posts
    1,747
    Thank you to all my customers, especially those who push the envelope like the 2 guys posting directly above. I can justify some more extreme and fun projects I know might not necessarily sell well thanks to these two and a few others. Can't wait to see Mr. Linton's car together - it is going to be a beast!

    Doug

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGNRDZ_28 View Post
    Thank you to all my customers, especially those who push the envelope like the 2 guys posting directly above. I can justify some more extreme and fun projects I know might not necessarily sell well thanks to these two and a few others. Can't wait to see Mr. Linton's car together - it is going to be a beast!

    Doug
    Yes, this is going to be a good one for the Viper community to see.


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •