Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California

Gen 5 ACR Style Rear Diffuser for Non ACR

Alright... here we go. Sneak peak of the progress so far. Installed 4 of the strakes (the two on the far right require my mirrored driver side piece). This is just a mock up so ignore the raw aluminum coloring and anything that doesn't look aesthetically pleasing. It will all look as it should for the production pieces. I just wanted to give you guys a teaser so you know it's coming. I was able to use most of the factory mounting points that the ACR pieces use with some slight variation. The kit will have two different installation methods. It will install in factory locations and be "finished" with rivets, making it semi-permanent. The other option will be a kit offered with a nutsert gun and corresponding instructions to make it removable AND customizable. Current it almost perfectly replicate the ACR minus the carbon fiber tunnels, saving a huge expense. That said, the strakes are EXACT water jet replicas from an ACR, constructed of HDPE and will be offered original and "super-bad-ass" longer versions.

Target cost for kit is still under $2500 and strakes will be available in the $400-600 range in both lengths. Enjoy the teaser and stay tuned. The pieces are going out for a semi-final cut and then we will finalize, powder-coat, and install the first kit on my car a few other members who have shown early interest!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think and getting some feedback. Again... everything will be black, angles adjusted, etc, lol. We already know this. Enjoy!

Hard to tell in pics, but they are all the same length installed, too. just looks funky in the pic. More pics once we have the entire kit installed. Roughly 2-weeks, Corona Virus Dependent.

ACR Strakes 01.jpg

ACR Strakes 02.jpg
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...
    @acr_ish and @fivehundrednorth (dot com) on IG

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Looks awesome dude! Keep up the good work.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Looks awesome dude! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks!
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Crossroads of America

Looks good. Under car pics when you can.
    2014 Viper T/A #11

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogme042 View Post
    Looks good. Under car pics when you can.
    Absolutely! Need to finalize and powder coat the channels. When I post production pics I want to make sure it LOOKS production ready. All the aluminum channels and such are raw now and wouldn't do the aesthetics any justice.

Enthusiast
    Very nice work!!!

Nice job, when will this be available?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    I'm actually doing a final test fit TODAY (March 31st) and then handing parts off to my water jet operator to start cutting them. Once I get a a final test fit I'll make one complete kit, powder coat it, install it, and begin taking pre-orders for a discounted kit to get some installs done. Local guys can come to me for installs, if desired. Also, I will have an ACRE with me for install so you all can see just how closely we were able to mimic the OEM parts. I'm pretty stoked. Check for updates today or first thing tomorrow, and add me on instagram for more immediate updates @fivehundrednorth and my personal account is same as my name @acr_ish (underscore on IG, not a dash).

The response on IG has been pretty nuts, thank you all for the support.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Didn't mean to leave you all hanging. The shelter in place is affecting us and trying to get customers their cars back as well as keep the bill paid. I'll have the diffuser fit this week and update with some pictures... I sent them back one final time to get a better close out panel, and I think we're coming in better on pricing than anticipated! Excited for the reveal... stay tuned!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California

Acr diffuser ready for pre order

Alrighty... we are officially in production and have some great pictures to show off. We utilized MOSTLY factory mounting points making installation a BREEEEZE! The kit takes about an hour and a half to two hours to install if you're laying on your back, and seasoned vets should have this thing on in less than an hour, no problem. The kit will include 6 HDPE (high density poly ethylene) strakes which are replaceable with remove-able hardware for new strakes, too. 2 close out panels. 6 mounting brackets. All necessary hardware. Instructions to install, AND, we will be doing a video installation just to show how damned easy it is. No pricing yet on replacement kits, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

Kit pricing I promised under $2500, then under $2000 and we settled at $1800 plus shipping and applicable taxes. We opened a pre-order on instagram and intended to do 10 kits ONLY at $1500, but in less than 24 hours the first 7 kits are spoken for day 1, with more interested. HOWEVER, I have allocated TEN MORE KITS FOR PRE-ORDER FOR THIS SITE ONLY so no one misses out since I couldn't get this online last night. For pre-order we will be doing a $50 flat shipping and packing rate for ease of getting these out. They will go out 2-3 weeks tops depending how quickly we get response. The goal is they all go out next Saturday (not this coming). Follow us on instagram for more pics and video and be sure to fire away on questions. I have a ton of obligations right now so I may be slow to respond but will jump on this evening and try to answer questions.

I am SUPER happy with how these came out! ONE ITEM OF NOTE: Some of the hardware we switched up when we installed, so with these high res pics, if you see a silver bolt or something that looks a bit off, don't stress. Kit hardware is black and everything is powder-coated, we just ran short and ended up over-engineering the mounting a bit. Please follow the fabricator @threefivecustoms on Instragram. He really helped me knock this out of the part for you guys!

ENJOY!

IMG_4860.jpg

1225D530-18D3-4F20-8DFD-946379A74B7D.jpg

E777581F-12DA-4E76-90CC-4F10B2F3D15C.jpg

C969F4A9-922D-4DBD-B387-81039698165A.jpg

E42D2077-765B-4BD4-A13F-E1ACAC14A64A.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Last edited by ACR-ISH; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:27 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    FYI the strakes are pretty adjustable. I went as wide as possible and as close to the ACR spacing as we could get. You'll see when your kit arrives your final spacing can be like mine (provided) or whatever you want should you desire equal separation and be more OCD, Strakes properly follow the diffuser contour and butt up nicely. The strakes are clones of the ACR strakes and we only modified them to fit our kit, including mounting holes. DM me or email Admin@fivehundrednorth.com to order, ask questions, etc. Invoices will be provided upon payment and kit built. They will reflect $1800 (for resale purposes) and show a $300 discount for the first ten, and $50 shipping. CA adds sales tax unless you show up at my house with cash.

Hope to see a ton of you guys LOVING THIS KIT! We designed these to take abuse, So scrape them, hit the gas coming out of corners, etc. They are EXTREMELY durable. I'm out! Hopefully I pre-answered everything I could. This is my gift to the Viper community! I've always wanted this at a reasonable price, and here it is!

WHAT'S NEXT? ACR Front Splitter made from HDPE! It's already in the works! Will use ACR or similar adjustable rods and be made of HDPE so it will ALSO be durable as hell, not rip off, mimic the ACR, and take beating at the track, or getting up your driveway! Stay tuned!

Thanks for putting in the work. Would love both and interested in both depending on pricing. Any chance we can do a pre-order for both? Want a diffuser regardless!
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    $1550 shipped (tax in CA) on the pre-order for this. 10 kits. One is spoken for already, here. Just ordered.

YES, I will run a pre order for the splitter, too.

Great job on this man. Looks really well done. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket parts on my cars, but this looks like a really quality piece.
    2017 1 of 1 Rosso Fuoco Viper GTC w/ Sepia Laguna leather interior | int & ext carbon
    [previous] 2013 Adrenaline Red SRT Viper GTS w/ Sepia Laguna leather interior

Brian do you have just the strakes as a kit?

Brian, you mentioned multiple sizes for the stakes? Super long version? Did you decide against going longer than OEM?
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Brian do you have just the strakes as a kit?
    True ACRs we can cut for you, yes. We will sell replacements for this kit as well.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by sadil View Post
    Brian, you mentioned multiple sizes for the stakes? Super long version? Did you decide against going longer than OEM?
    We will eventually have an “extreme kit” listed as “track only”. The OEM are damned low. I’d run them and upgrade later if needed. My car is LOW... mine rub a bit. It’s like dragging knee on a motorcycle.

Hmm how much clearance do you think a stock suspension would get?
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

I wish I could test to see if I could actually get in and out of my steep driveway with them on...any chance you wanna drive over to houston and see if you can make it into my driveway

Enthusiast
    Really nice job on this! Curious to know how you landed designing the middle outer strake rear mounts? Those particular take a beating on the street... tempered spring steel?

Edit looks like a small tab bracket? if so that will not last for sure on the street...
    dfsdfds.PNG
    Last edited by kriskyk; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:25 AM.

Detailed instructions would help make a decision. I can see some holes will need to be made in the factory parts to accommodate all strake mounts. Just need to see how many and where.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by sadil View Post
    Hmm how much clearance do you think a stock suspension would get?
    Plenty. If you’re not lowered they shouldn’t rub much, if ever.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
    I wish I could test to see if I could actually get in and out of my steep driveway with them on...any chance you wanna drive over to houston and see if you can make it into my driveway
    Like the ACR, they are designed to rub. You’d be fine, even if they did. It’s all about angles. Good old elementary school comes back to haunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast