Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Just checking Is everyone doing ok

Is everyone managing to get along ok given our current situation?

Its been kinda quiet lately......
    2008 ACR Hardcore

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    We are doing fine in PA. I'm an essential worker so we are out and about.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

Doing well in Houston. Grocery stores have not recovered. The longest lines that I have seen were at the sporting goods stores for guns and ammo. No joke.

Enthusiast
    Still alive, taking advantage of the few warm days lately and going out driving on near deserted roads.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    South Florida
    Miami weather has been spectacular. Roads have little traffic. People, at least where I live, are taking this very seriously. A significant number of people out shopping for essential items were masked today. The up side is that it has provided time to catch up with friends and family. And the neighborhood has never been better. Similar to what it was like after Hurricane Andrew. All of us our facing this threat together but at least six feet apart
    Semper SRT. Proud owner of 2014 Viper TA, 2019 Challenger Redeye Hellcat, 2018 Trackhawk and supercharged 2008 SRT8 Grand Cherokee.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    OK in the UK at the moment thanks, but my wife is a front line health worker so it's scary times!

Doctor in her hospital who is pregnant, has gone down with the Virus

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Peaceful and quiet in the southwest desert. Beautiful driving weather but nowhere to go. All non-essential operations are shut down in Arizona.
    Washed-up Viper pilot.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    I'm able to perform the majority of my job duties from home, so I'm not out of the job. I work in the energy industry, so we're considered essential.

Pennsylvania's governor has instituted lockdowns for the counties containing Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but so far there are no cases in my county.

Non-essential businesses are forced to shut their doors. It's hitting bars and restaurants really hard. Some places are just closing completely, and others are giving discounts on takeout. Liquor stores are state run, so they are all closed. However, beer distributors and grocery stores are still open, so you can still get beer. I've not been to the grocery store in a while, as I tend to eat out a lot.

As long as the internet stays up I'll be good!!

There's a great website here that you can see where all the cases are.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

Regional Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    I'm able to perform the majority of my job duties from home, so I'm not out of the job. I work in the energy industry, so we're considered essential.

Pennsylvania's governor has instituted lockdowns for the counties containing Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but so far there are no cases in my county.

Non-essential businesses are forced to shut their doors. It's hitting bars and restaurants really hard. Some places are just closing completely, and others are giving discounts on takeout. Liquor stores are state run, so they are all closed. However, beer distributors and grocery stores are still open, so you can still get beer. I've not been to the grocery store in a while, as I tend to eat out a lot.

Looks like Italy has surpassed China in Death rate , wonder if China is accurate with their information..............
    White Mamba ,

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post

In North Carolina the Liquor stores are also state run and very open for business. They have to get our money any way they can.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Doing alright in IN. Considered essential, too the opportunity to drive the Viper to work today.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    Looks like Italy has surpassed China in Death rate , wonder if China is accurate with their information..............
    i highly dont think so

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    South Carolina has 300 cases of the virus with 5 deaths. So far, schools, bars and restuarants are closed. Traffic is light. Toilet paper is scarce. Many are working from their homes when possible. Not near as bad here as in Pennsylvania where my brother lives.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

I'm a remote employee, so I have always worked from home 90+% of the time. Kids are enjoying their lesson plans and it's nice to spend so much time with my family
    2004 SRT10 Convertible

kritchie@redhat.com

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    anybody hear that advil,ibuprofhen when taken with this virus turns into lung problems and tenfolds the problem? i got this news through harvard med school and hospital- no joke here.... also tylenol only for the time being,whatever that means

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Our President has determined that Viper Parts are ESSENTIAL to Viper Owners, so PartsRack is open about 6 hours weekdays, but answering emails 10-12 hours 366 days.

{Jon Brobst, President PartsRack Inc}

Im in WA where Covid killed a lot of folks, only surpassed by NY a couple days ago,

Attn COVIDIOTS: The LEAST you can do is STAY HOME and away from others, unless absolutely necessary for your subsistence or health.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-24-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    anybody hear that advil,ibuprofhen when taken with this virus turns into lung problems and tenfolds the problem? i got this news through harvard med school and hospital- no joke here.... also tylenol only for the time being,whatever that means
    I assume the Harvard Med School news is now sponsored by J&J?! Only kidding......sort of

Regional Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    I heard it was unproven.........
    White Mamba ,

With all of humanity except Russia staying home, working from home, or out-of-work and recreating on the Internet, it seems Internet might be slowing down.

I saw a blurb from YouTube that they were having to 'throttle back' due to heavy demands. My AOL, ditto.
    My having rural fringe-area Satellite Internet anyway, I'm sorry to see it getting slower...

Now, even Prince Charles is C-positive !

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Yes, Apparently the Prince of wales is Isolating near Balmoral with Covid 19

Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer -14

Good News from Houston...…..

University of Texas numbers indicate that we will "peak" on or about April 7. We locked down (sort of). We just have to prevent cross contamination from other places. Not too bad down here right now compared to others. It is nice to get numbers you can actually believe in and that are not biased one way or another. Temperatures climbing into the 90's as well. Nothing can survive the Texas summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Patentlaw View Post
    Good News from Houston...…..

University of Texas numbers indicate that we will "peak" on or about April 7. We locked down (sort of). We just have to prevent cross contamination from other places. Not too bad down here right now compared to others. It is nice to get numbers you can actually believe in and that are not biased one way or another. Temperatures climbing into the 90's as well. Nothing can survive the Texas summer!
    Almost in time for Easter Sunday 4/12 !

PS: Shouldn't it be called ANTI-Social Distancing??

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    I've been working from home since 3/9 and currently expected to reopen our office on 4/20...We'll see how that goes. Business is way down, but our customers are considered essential in many places so far so trying to keep them going. My wife works in the healthcare field (dental) but state closed all offices so she is out of a job for at least 6 weeks which is unfortunate but understandable.
    01' Sapphire Blue GTS

This entire thing has been brutal ... I really hope the amount of folks who lose employment is minimized and this clears up sooner rather than later.

It is going to be very interesting to see what this does to the country and economy as a whole, including the Viper market.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve

Trying to stay afloat here in PA. We're still open finishing a few projects but I'll be forced to close at the end of next week and lay my employees (10) off. Hanging in as long as we can, but most of my suppliers have shut down. Planning to stay down for the month of April and hopefully back up. It's all up to the Governor. It sounds like the stimulus packages might help my employees out, once they get them rolling. Just not sure how long that is really going to take, I've never ever seen government do anything quickly. Quickly to me means hours or days, not weeks or months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast