Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Doing good here in NC. Some counties are issuing 'stay at home' orders unless essential; I feel the entire state will pull that trigger soon enough. Our county is now seeing it's first confirmed cases, but I believe it's been in the US longer than is generally talked about. My industry will be considered essential once the orders come down, but a good portion of our personnel have the ability to work from home anyway. Shelves were pretty bare for a week and a half or so, but you could still find most things; just have to know where to look. I was out at lunch today and noticed most things are being stocked again and the general panic seems to have subsided in this area.

I've given up reading/watching the media, seems it's nothing but doom and gloom and I'm really fed up with it. I've always consumed news from a variety of outlets, local, state, and national, multiple networks, etc. to get a fair overview. But most seem to be so negative now I just think that contributes to the mass panic.

Worried about some of the local restaurants in my city, they won't be able to survive long with current restrictions; we're doing our best to support them as well.
    - Patrick (VOA Carolinas Region)
    2000 Viper RT/10 (Steel Gray) BEENBIT
    2006 Viper SRT10 (VOI9 Edition) R3PTILE

Enthusiast
    Doing well in upstate NY as I work from home. My poor daughter had a long term substitute teacher position in Sacramento... schools closed, she bar-tended at night at a restaurant... restaurants closed then to add insult to injury, her landlord notified her and her housemates that he sold their house and they had 30 days to vacate. So like most Dads, I got on a plane this past Friday night and headed to Sacramento, loaded up her jeep and trailer and headed back to NY. We arrived on Tuesday at dinner time. The plane had single digit numbers on board and the airport was a ghost town. On the road, I was happy to see massive numbers of semi's and limited numbers of cars. Marriott hotels along the way had single digit occupancy rates. Definitely used hand sanitizer and wipes as well as social distancing to be responsible. Most restaurants were open under limited hours and take out/delivery only.

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Sort of frightening here in NYC. I'm an essential, but usually am able to work from home 3-4 days a week. Funny that the word "essential" has taken on a new meaning.

My wife's in the thick of things being an attending ID Physician at a major NYC hospital. She's plenty concerned at the number of infected patients that arrive every day. Obviously I'm biased, but she (among thousands of other health care workers) takes huge risk that few others would take under these circumstances and yet most every politician criticizes the industry.

Otherwise, we're lucky to have our Governor taking and voicing a realistic facts-only view of things.

Be smart people! Stay home as much as possible. Sanitize and wash the heck out of your hands often! Keep your hands below your chin! Let this pass without any of us becoming a victim!
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Sort of frightening here in NYC.......Funny that the word "essential" has taken on a new meaning.

My wife's in the thick of things being an attending ID Physician at a major NYC hospital. She's plenty concerned at the number of infected patients that arrive every day. Obviously I'm biased, but she (among thousands of other health care workers) takes huge risk that few others would take under these circumstances .......

Otherwise, we're lucky to have our Governor taking and voicing a realistic facts-only view of things.

Be smart people! Stay home as much as possible. Sanitize and wash the heck out of your hands often! Keep your hands below your chin! Let this pass without any of us becoming a victim!
    Your wife is the definition of a HERO....every bit as courageous as 911-responders who ran toward the fire. Just watch the Health Care serenades occurring in Italy, Spain, France... they all agree.

Here is one thing I dont get: If NY Gov got the +20,000 Ventilators TODAY, who the hell will operate them?? Every ICU bed is likely full, and there are not 7000 extra trained ICU-workers standing around waiting for 1-3 vents. Ventilators dont run themselves......
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-26-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

What I Learned When My Husband Got Covid

This is an educational yet heart-rending 1st hand FRESH 3/24 NY story:

What I Learned When My Husband Got Sick With Coronavirus - The New York Times

"Our world became one of isolation, round-the-clock care, panic and uncertainty, even as society carried on around us with all too few changes."

Read On:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/m...us-family.html
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-26-2020 at 03:55 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    I'm essential. Business is way down.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

Regional Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    This is an educational yet heart-rending 1st hand FRESH 3/24 NY story:

What I Learned When My Husband Got Sick With Coronavirus - The New York Times

"Our world became one of isolation, round-the-clock care, panic and uncertainty, even as society carried on around us with all too few changes."

Read On:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/m...us-family.html
    A Sad state of affairs , seems we don't Learn from History ...
    My thoughts and prayers are with the front line workers...
    White Mamba ,

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    My wife has told me we now need to stay in separate rooms, as she is back on the medical wards in the Hospital She is worried she may bring the Virus back home

Roads are being built and maintained, same as always.

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Your wife is the definition of a HERO....every bit as courageous as 911-responders who ran toward the fire. Just watch the Health Care serenades occurring in Italy, Spain, France... they all agree.

Here is one thing I dont get: If NY Gov got the +20,000 Ventilators TODAY, who the hell will operate them?? Every ICU bed is likely full, and there are not 7000 extra trained ICU-workers standing around waiting for 1-3 vents. Ventilators dont run themselves......

Thanks Jon! To the best of my knowledge, in NYC, they've opened the Javits Center as a medical center. It's 1.3 million square foot exposition building. That facility expansion would be one place where ventilators would be utilized.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    Amazon Prime is going to take a month to deliver some in-stock oil and a filter for me. If that's not a metric for the magnitude of this thing, I don't know what is.
    TA 37/93. 57,732 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Boris Johnson UK Prime minister has tested Positive!

Also his Health Secretary Matt Hancock!
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 03-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America
    Fine here in Omaha. I work in the tech business with financial transactions (credit cards, merchants, mobile banking).can work from home with no issues. Cases are very low here and the state has been very good about social distancing. Weather is turning for the better too.

Take care all

Bruce
    2009 ACR GTS Blue with Black stripes (1 of 2)
    MoparGarage.net
    Mopar Knights FB page

USA COVID PROJECTIONS GRAPH viewable by STATE Excellent Info

Probably the BEST COVID GRAPH, and Hospitalization projections by STATE. Understandable, meaningful, current. Also shows Peak Date Curves all 50, as well as State-Mandated distancing laws for each. Take a Look!

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Just click on USA drop-down for list and graph for each State.

FLATTEN YOUR CURVE !
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Thanks Jon! To the best of my knowledge, in NYC, they've opened the Javits Center as a medical center. It's 1.3 million square foot exposition building. That facility expansion would be one place where ventilators would be utilized.
    That made nationwide news....but vents Utilized by whom?
    Its one thing to get hardware, quite another to get Trained staff ?

This Graph shows real-time and projected Hospital Impacts USA :

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Amazon Prime is going to take a month to deliver some in-stock oil and a filter for me. If that's not a metric for the magnitude of this thing, I don't know what is.
    SRT Oil Filters Ship Today. USPS Prio Mail. [If you join PartsRack Prime for $99 Ill ship 3 for free to your door! ]

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    SRT Oil Filters Ship Today. USPS Prio Mail. [If you join PartsRack Prime for $99 Ill ship 3 for free to your door! ]
    I'm a proud supporter of locals, privates, and even other chains and big boxes .....but never them.
    I have never made a purchase from Amazon (aka: am-holes) ....nor will I.

Anyhow, I hope you all stay safe and stay well.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12