TA 2.0 track set up questions

I apologize if this has been covered before, I could not find any threads on it.
    I have a TA 2.0 and I am using it primarily for my track car. Wondering if anyone else out there is doing the same and has any tips and suggestions to dial it in for the track.
    It is pretty much stock, shocks, brakes, aero, engine unchanged. Running Pirelli slicks on 18" all around. Alignment is set to factory spec. -2.5 front -1.5 rear.
    Let me know what if anything you have done to make the car more track effective. Not concerned about power mods at this time.
    Thanks
    Last edited by speedtactics; 1 Week Ago at 01:48 PM.
    Hirk
    2014 GTS track pack red with TA 1.0 Aero package.
    2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Pirelli slicks will most likely benefit from more aggressive alignment specs at least in terms of negative camber. You may be able to reference their recommendations based on the tire compound you're running.

Would also expect the increased grip they provide to heavily tax your brake pads and fluid. I've enjoyed Castrol SRF React fluid and pads from G-Lok.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

I'll check to see what I can find on the tires and alignment. For sure I can go more aggressive but may be reaching a limit on the adjustment, may need a shim kit.
    So far the brakes are fine no issues, although I will be putting some raybestos pads on soon for more bite.
    Hirk

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Gen V friends have been very impressed with the Raybestos pads. I haven't checked to see if I can get them for a gen IV yet.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Hi Scott, Here is the Michelin guide, should be similar to Pirelli

https://www.subesports.com/pdf/Miche...Tire.Cat08.pdf

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Toe in on the front? Am I reading that correct?
    2017 ACR-E (a real one)
    2010 ACRx #24

Thank you. Lots of great advice and some things I can try to maximize tire life.
    Hirk

Enthusiast
    TKO..... Could you please elaborate on why so much rear camber?
    2008 ACR Hardcore

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Southern California
    Tech Team
    We always try to max out Caster on the track cars. It slows the steering down and gives more mechanical grip.

Changing to monoball control arms, Motorsport ball joints and alignment shims will allow the alignment to remain consistent with cornering load.
    Changing to billet steering rack bushings improves steering feel and turn in.

Adjustable sway bar links will allow you to zero the bar and make it easier to cornerweight the car. Setting the bump steer front and rear will make the car more predictable.

Front toe settings typically depend on the driver and track, most race Vipers run toe out or zero toe, this improves turn in but will make the car twitchy. Most novice track
    drivers like the car more stable, with just a hint of push, experienced drivers like the car neutral or even a little loose.

For club track day cars, the Hoosier R7's are very predictable, even at the limit and give you some warning before they let go. The tend to wear well when the alignment is sorted.

The ACRE brake ducts will improve cooling. Track fluid and pads, with a slightly less aggressive pad in the rear helps on hard braking.

We typically change the transmission fluid from ATF4 to a gear lubricant. We use BG Synchroshift 2 but there are others just a good.

This is just my experience, yours may differ.
    specialtyperformanceteam.com
    310-597-6295