Question Gen 5 Vin Question

Hey boys, around this time last year I bought a 2016 Viper TA 2.0 from a dealership in Toronto Ontario. It had 5,400km on it and I had it shipped to my province of Nova Scotia. Anyways I just now opened the owners manual to have a look at it and on the front it says the year 15' as well as on my warranty booklet. I think the only way of actually knowing what year my car was built in would be through the vin# appreciate the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 GTS - Self Installed Heads/Valvetrain/Cam/Custom Exhaust. Triple carbon clutch and built tr6060.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Thank you dude

VOA Member
    Northern California
    Insert VIN number at the end of the URL.
    http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...kerPdf.do?vin=

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

A lot of the 2016s would have been built in 2015, so likely there is no issue at all. You can just call a Dodge Dealer in Nova Scotia and have him pull up your info off the Vin -- super easy. Congrats and what a beautiful Province to cruise around in a Snake. Where are you located in NS, not up in Cape Breton by any chance? There is a cool, track rat owned road course Northwest of Halifax ( Atlantic Motorsports Park ) and you should definitely check that out if you have not already?! Know a guy who runs a Boss 302 up there and they seem to be a very welcoming group!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Very easy. Look at the VIN and determine the letters just before the last numbers. It should be HV (2017), GV (2016), or FV (2015). For build date look at the MDH sticker on the door and that will tell you exactly when it came of the line in Built OK status.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Nice color!! Love that blue.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Nice wheels! Love Nova Scotia... and Halifax is one of my favourite cities in Canada
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    Nice wheels! Love Nova Scotia... and Halifax is one of my favourite cities in Canada
    Yeah the roads are pretty gross but its a nice city haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    A lot of the 2016s would have been built in 2015, so likely there is no issue at all. You can just call a Dodge Dealer in Nova Scotia and have him pull up your info off the Vin -- super easy. Congrats and what a beautiful Province to cruise around in a Snake. Where are you located in NS, not up in Cape Breton by any chance? There is a cool, track rat owned road course Northwest of Halifax ( Atlantic Motorsports Park ) and you should definitely check that out if you have not already?! Know a guy who runs a Boss 302 up there and they seem to be a very welcoming group!
    Yeah dude I probably will, I'm just trying to get my head around the oil level reading. I've spent like 3 nights researching it when I do my next oil change I'm going to take a picture of where it is right after the change, than when its gotten to operating temperature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    Man people seem to like Halifax haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    Nice color!! Love that blue.
    Thanks! Your white snake is stunning. Sounded a little odd there

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    I have nothing substantive to add to the VIN discussion, but that is a pretty car.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    I have nothing substantive to add to the VIN discussion, but that is a pretty car.
    Man thank you! Your car is prettier! Love the spec