Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar

Personal Distancing Self Defense

So a couple of recent anecdotes by Bus Drivers, Grocery Workers, and of fundamentalist church gatherings tell of Intentional disregard for other's safety. { COVIDIOTS }

Mental illness aside, if I am out on an 'essential' errand, and I get threatened / accosted by a coughing Covidiot inches away....CAN I SHOOT THEM ?

Imagine last month a guy came into a bank wearing a Bandana ! would the ALARM button be hit?

On a side note: the CDC has said that a dirty kitchen sponge is the least-safe item in your house. But you can MICROWAVE your damp sponge for 2-5 minutes, to kill 99% of the bacteria and viruses and molds.

So......CAN YOU / Nurses / Doctors simply MICROWAVE USED N-95 or Other Masks / Bandanas ? {Non-Metal}
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 04-09-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Better 6 Feet Apart than 6 Feet Under

Florida beaches opening?!?

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Plenty of room for social distancing on the beach. People need to respect others in that regard. If they don’t I’d suspect the beaches would close again.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    On a side note: the CDC has said that a dirty kitchen sponge is the least-safe item in your house. But you can MICROWAVE your damp sponge for 2-5 minutes, to kill 99% of the bacteria and viruses and molds.

So......CAN YOU / Nurses / Doctors simply MICROWAVE USED N-95 or Other Masks / Bandanas ? {Non-Metal}
    The key here is making sure whatever you put in there is damp. Microwaves are calibrated to vibrate water molecules, warming whatever is wet. With no water, bad things happen.
    TA 37/93. 58,414 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    • There is no slash in "TA".
    • Every thread you start is useless without photos.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.
    • Joining the forums just to get help and then never coming back is low class. Join and stay!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    The key here is making sure whatever you put in there is damp. Microwaves are calibrated to vibrate water molecules, warming whatever is wet. With no water, bad things happen.
    LOL!!!
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Western Reserve

I just received this latest email from my local Midmark representative. This is their recommendations regarding the sterilization of N95 masks when using a Midmark M9 or M11 autoclave. Thanks.

Program Custom Cycle – Please see the attached for directions on how to program a custom cycle.

N95 Masks Cycle Parameters:
    Temperature – 250 Degrees
    Time - 15 Minutes

Other Requirements:
    Masks should be pouched.
    Single layer within chamber and not overlapping.
    Should not be touching the inside of the chamber.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you and Stay Safe!

I guess you can sterilize N95 masks...no microwave range needed

I have a Micro..... I dont have an autoclave !

I bet a pressure-cooker would work.... its just a cooking autoclave!

This COVID nonsense is all a sham to destroy US economy. It’s fatal in less than 10% of 1% of those affected. I’m over it, I don’t wear a mask or gloves out. Only wear mask when I’m going in a supermarket or pharmacy. By the way it is mostly asymptomatic. https://www.conservativereview.com/n...h0UVdQQDQO1PUQ

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBBELL RACING View Post
    This COVID nonsense is all a sham to destroy US economy. It’s fatal in less than 10% of 1% of those affected. I’m over it, I don’t wear a mask or gloves out. Only wear mask when I’m going in a supermarket or pharmacy. By the way it is mostly asymptomatic. https://www.conservativereview.com/n...h0UVdQQDQO1PUQ
    Curious as to whether you still feel the same way today.

I was one of the unfortunates who got COVID pretty early on - I was doing a ton of travel for work, and right before the lockdown, I started getting symptoms. Believe me, even though the mortality rate isn't as bad as something like Ebola, the virus is no joke. It may not kill you, but it will make you feel like you want to be dead.

Back to JonB's original post - I had to laugh when reading it. I was at the doctor's office the other day and some idiot in the crowded waiting room pulled his mask down and went into a sneezing fit. Just about everyone scattered - it was like someone threw a live grenade in the middle of the room. A bunch of us went to the other side of the building, and everyone was just shaking their heads in disbelief.

Two people in my office tested positive. The first one got tested because his wife had it. He had almost ZERO symptoms. Only a sore throat for a few days and slight fever. The other said it was like a long bad flu.

Both are back to work.

Probably everyone will react a little different to it. For those who get it I hope you have an easy go if it and it passes quickly.
    2013 GTS
    2108 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

A good friend of mine contracted the virus, developed pneumonia, went on a ventilator, they tried all the drugs but he died...
    His wife was allowed to see him right before he died (she was dressed in what she said felt like a space suit). She contracted the virus shortly later, but never showed any symptoms. She now donates plasma to help others since she has the antibodies.
    This virus is not a joke nor a hoax. Take it seriously or it could end up killing you or a loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    A good friend of mine contracted the virus, developed pneumonia, went on a ventilator, they tried all the drugs but he died...
    His wife was allowed to see him right before he died (she was dressed in what she said felt like a space suit). She contracted the virus shortly later, but never showed any symptoms. She now donates plasma to help others since she has the antibodies.
    This virus is not a joke nor a hoax. Take it seriously or it could end up killing you or a loved one.
    I'm sorry to hear that. We take it seriously in my house. While a lot of folks have no to mild symptoms, we know there are some that get it far worse, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why. I don't intend to find out how my body reacts to it, and I certainly don't want my wife and kids going through it either.

The economy can and will be rebuilt...I can only hope we all learn a lesson on how to deal with the next one before it gets to this point.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Curious as to whether you still feel the same way today.

I was one of the unfortunates who got COVID pretty early on - I was doing a ton of travel for work, and right before the lockdown, I started getting symptoms. Believe me, even though the mortality rate isn't as bad as something like Ebola, the virus is no joke. It may not kill you, but it will make you feel like you want to be dead.

Back to JonB's original post - I had to laugh when reading it. I was at the doctor's office the other day and some idiot in the crowded waiting room pulled his mask down and went into a sneezing fit. Just about everyone scattered - it was like someone threw a live grenade in the middle of the room. A bunch of us went to the other side of the building, and everyone was just shaking their heads in disbelief.
    Yes , I still believe it’s a SCAMademic. It’s weaker than regular flu. Only people that die are elderly or have cancer, AIDS, hepatitis, diabetes, hepatitis etc. if you are strong & healthy your chances of surviving are excellent. I’ve been around people with it. I’ve been taking lots of vitamins & avoid touching things 1000 ppl a day touch. I’m haven’t been sick since last year

We’re practicing COVID safe sex
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom

Good to see someone with a sense of humor