Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking to buy a Viper

I am either looking for a higher mileage and lower priced 13-15 model or a 16 or 17 viper gen v. The options I am looking for are as following: srt hood, black wheels (sidewinder or other), partial alcantara interior, Harmon kardon, launch control, and two mode suspension.
    Last edited by hydronos; 3 Days Ago at 09:07 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    I'm about three weeks from putting my Comp Blue TA2 #001, up for sale. I will be asking about 10k north of you budget. Where are you located.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

Pm sent

VOA Member
    Northern California
    TA2 would be nice, specially for that price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I'm about three weeks from putting my Comp Blue TA2 #001, up for sale. I will be asking about 10k north of you budget. Where are you located.
    That blue is my first choice but the price is out of range for what I'm looking :-( GLWS!! I'm in Chicago.

VOA Member
    Northern California
    @hydronos if you have any plans to track the Viper, you really want to reconsider the TA2 and stretch that budget a tad. There is value in the TA and TA2 that most non-owners don't appreciate.
    The TA2 really doesn't need much to be a good reliable track toy, sticky tires, trackpads, track brake fluid and track alignment.

There's a orange ta 2 in Toronto we agreed to a 90k price but getting a loan is being problematic on a Canadian title car. If someone can sell me a ta2 here for that <90k I'll do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sharmut View Post
    @hydronos if you have any plans to track the Viper, you really want to reconsider the TA2 and stretch that budget a tad. There is value in the TA and TA2 that most non-owners don't appreciate.
    The TA2 really doesn't need much to be a good reliable track toy, sticky tires, trackpads, track brake fluid and track alignment.
    I found an acr for 106k so I'm def not spending over 100k for a ta sorry guys!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    If you found a GenV ACR with no stories for 106k your a fool if you don't stretch your budget and get it.. If you not interested in it tell me where it is and I will go buy it.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

I may be missing something OP but I’m assuming you are stateside looking at a Canadian car at 90k? Not only is a loan the issue but also importing typically has costs associated with it and the inability to warranty also. That 90k will be north of that even if loans were possible.

I’m not sure if the TA 2.0 was implied to sell for 10k over the 85k budget or if it was applied to the ACR budget as I’m unsure of values currently. But outlier examples will be difficult to base expectations if you realistically want to get into a well sorted out car. A 105k ACR from the past that was scooped with the assumption of being non storied will beg the question of if and or when it even will present itself again. I only say this because no one is going to offer their cars based on the lowest selling outlier just as no buyer is going to pay for the highest price selling outlier.

If anyone wants to sell an ACR clean title for 107k I’ll pay for it in cash tbh.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    If you found a GenV ACR with no stories for 106k your a fool if you don't stretch your budget and get it.. If you not interested in it tell me where it is and I will go buy it.
    He's talking about this car- https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Dodge-Viper/264734993117
    He's asking $106K with the factory shocks instead of the MCS which he put on it, which is crazy the factory shocks cost 10 times as much as MCS shocks.
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Buy this one

2013 GTS, 7k miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Dodge-...gAAOSwRXxeyWds

There was a Gunmetal Pearl with 4k miles for sale in Tampa for I think $75k is what they were willing to take. Beautiful car. Black interior but it had the base wheels. But for that price? No-brainer. I would have bought it if it was available a week earlier.
    2013 GTS
    2108 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

There is a ta2 orange I found in Toronto for 90k with 10k miles. Yes, I understand the headache of importing a car over especially now during covid. What I was trying to say is that for a viper srt/gts I don't want to spend more than 65-75k I think now. If I can get my hands on this acr or similar for 100-110k that would be amazing. I hope that provides some clarity. That itch to buy something NOW is here + this car has been my dream car since I was a kid (the 96 viper gts)

the link to the acr (already has a deposit on it)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Dodge-Viper/264734993117
    Last edited by hydronos; 6 Days Ago at 05:42 PM.

I think here are 2 options that may check a lot of the boxes.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Dunno if the ACR is a real listing or not. Seems slightly low but also has some decent miles. And the TA 1.0 has the Venzano interior. Not my cup of tea but still a great car.

Quote Originally Posted by MoHaWk2003 View Post
    I think here are 2 options that may check a lot of the boxes.

Dunno if the ACR is a real listing or not. Seems slightly low but also has some decent miles. And the TA 1.0 has the Venzano interior. Not my cup of tea but still a great car.
    So this one is a TA2.0 the car is located in Toronto but I cant get it financed easily.

The second link with the venzano interior is a bit much and they arent willing to work with another dealer. I was trying to get rid of my z06 to my buddies dealership and have them acquire the viper for me.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    I have 2 Vipers, thinking of just going to 1. Here is my 2017 TA 2.0 SSG 3K miles and 8 year 75K bumper to bumper FCA warranty. Price is a little more than what you are wanting but I am local to you. Ceramic coating, 18 speaker stereo, carbon fiber engine brace, and 2 minor updates that are shown with the caliper paint and engine cover paint. Car is PRISTINE.

Title in hand so if you are interested contact me. Car stored with cover in a heated garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angleiron; 6 Days Ago at 03:58 AM.

Angleiron, please check your PM

Special Ed: Sent you a PM.
    2014 Viper TA #21
    1991 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Angleiron View Post
    I have 2 Vipers, thinking of just going to 1. Here is my 2017 TA 2.0 SSG 3K miles and 8 year 75K bumper to bumper FCA warranty. Price is a little more than what you are wanting but I am local to you. Ceramic coating, 18 speaker stereo, carbon fiber engine brace, and 2 minor updates that are shown with the caliper paint and engine cover paint. Car is PRISTINE.

Title in hand so if you are interested contact me. Car stored with cover in a heated garage.
    Wow..... WOW!!! Incredible example.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angleiron View Post

Car is no longer for sale.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Sold? Or did the meds finally kick in?

A 2017 TA2 would be ideal, is there anyone else?

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Just did a search on the usual sites and, like you, could not find much. Market seems to be very thin right now. I think there were 2 Gen V ACR's on eBay. No TA2's.

Yup, there's not much out there. I'm hoping there's someone in the forums that sees my post and entertains the idea of selling theirs

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    If you need all the options you listed, you'll need to find a GTS with an SRT hood...which is a rare combination.

It sounds like the 2015+ GT model could check all the boxes other than the SRT hood. Here's a perfect example:
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5042/overview/
    Ryan - 14 Stryker Green Nth Moto Heads/Cam
    Past - 14 Stryker Green VE Stage II Heads/Cam, '16 ACR-E, '14 Anodized Carbon, '14 TA, Orange '03 Paxton vert w/coupe rear, Black '06 coupe w/SSG accents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast