Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68
  1. #51
    I think you are mistaken. There is another 2017 in this thread alone with the TA2 package. I have an image of the window sticker. Id post it but I dont think I should put the business of others out for public consumption
    Last edited by Oh Three Z; 3 Days Ago at 02:02 PM.
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

  2. #52
    Hi I m looking to buy TA 2.0 how do I know the TA#?

  3. #53
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Vipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    I think you are mistaken. There is another 2017 in this thread alone with the TA2 package. I have an image of the window sticker. Id post it but I dont think I should put the business of others out for public consumption
    I don’t believe I’m mistaken. The TA2’s mentioned were both 2015. Are you taking about the threedrb’s viper?

    Quote Originally Posted by conviper View Post
    Hi I m looking to buy TA 2.0 how do I know the TA#?
    It’s on the lower right corner of the dash plaque on the passenger side.

    The FCA is very clear about the TA being a special edition. All special editions are numbered. There was an identical spec’d 2017 comp blue exact to the pic above that was recently for sale. It was a low mile 1 owner car that had it’s “Viper GT” badges removed from the fenders and replaced with TA stickers. No TA’s have oem gloss black stripes and after searching all 2017 VINs only 2 we’re found, 1 TA1 and 1 TA2 none in blue. Even though the original MSRP was higher than a TA, some buyers may pay more for a special edition car on the used market. I’ve seen two so far do this, one being a 2017 comp blue low mile GTC with the srt hood, option group TA (not the TA package) and gloss black stripes, which may or may not be threedrb’s car, the other being a white Bonderant car.

    Switching the badging is anyones right but when you go to sell it and try and pass it off as a special edition it’s blatant fraud. Not trying to be that guy but I don’t want to see any buyer’s get taken advantage of.

  4. #54
    Im talking about the SSG 17 in this thread that was posted as a potential FS car. The owner of that car sent an image of the window sticker to a friend of mine. It was equipped with the TA2 option package at a cost of $8700. I suppose this is going to end up just like the GTC ACR isn’t a real ACR debate which I have no interest in debating. To me that qualifies it as a TA2 your opinion may vary.
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

  5. #55
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Vipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    Im talking about the SSG 17 in this thread that was posted as a potential FS car. The owner of that car sent an image of the window sticker to a friend of mine. It was equipped with the TA2 option package at a cost of $8700. I suppose this is going to end up just like the GTC ACR isn’t a real ACR debate which I have no interest in debating. To me that qualifies it as a TA2 your opinion may vary.
    The TA package is $16,000, 8,700 is the option group. I agree with you, there is nothing to debate since the makers of our cars already set the facts and numbered all the special editions. Good luck, it’s a badass car regardless.

  6. #56
    Can anyone help me understand how a base srt without the two mode suspension drives compared to a gts/ta with all the options and upgrades?

  7. #57
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Bruce H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by hydronos View Post
    Can anyone help me understand how a base srt without the two mode suspension drives compared to a gts/ta with all the options and upgrades?
    The SRT ride is definitely a little rougher compared to the 2 mode in it's softer Street setting. I only rode in an SRT once, but back to back with my TA, and I'd say the SRT was actually pretty close to the 2 mode Race setting. I actually prefer the softer Street setting even on the road course usually because I feel the stiffer Race setting takes out a little too much compliance for anything but quite smooth pavement.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 65,000 kms, special occasion fun. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S, 16,000 kms, anytime fun.

  8. #58
    My SRT is certainly "firm" especially on our crappy PA roads. But I like it personally. I've never driven a GTS, so I have nothing to compare it to.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

  9. #59
    Enthusiast darbgnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by hydronos View Post
    Can anyone help me understand how a base srt without the two mode suspension drives compared to a gts/ta with all the options and upgrades?
    The SRT suspension definitely rides rougher than the bi-mode suspension on the GT/GTS and even the TA. It's definitely lower spec. Not a big concern if the plan is to upgrade, but even with the higher spring rate, the TA rides smoother than the SRT. The best example I can think of where the difference is most felt is small bump compliance, like freeway expansion joints.

    I also don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the GTS seats are smaller than the SRT/TA/ACR seats. They are quite a bit tighter up top. If you're on the larger side, you will probably find the GTS seats less comfortable.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - V/E DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, 70 Dodge Charger, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

  10. #60
    Thanks for the info guys. IF i get this car maybe I can swap out the base suspension for something more street compliant and track ready? Open to hearing options. I'm still looking for a 16/17 TA2.

  11. #61
    Enthusiast darbgnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by hydronos View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. IF i get this car maybe I can swap out the base suspension for something more street compliant and track ready? Open to hearing options. I'm still looking for a 16/17 TA2.
    I think if you end up with a TA, the suspension will be fine for you. If you buy an SRT there are plenty of options, I have the DSC/Tractive electronically controlled active suspension on mine, but a cheaper option, which I hear nothing but good reviews on, is the MCS suspension, which is better on track, and more comfortable on the street. If I hadn't been so curious of the Tractive, I would have the MCS no doubt. Both allow height adjustment, which the TA suspension does not.
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - V/E DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, 70 Dodge Charger, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    The TA package is $16,000, 8,700 is the option group. I agree with you, there is nothing to debate since the makers of our cars already set the facts and numbered all the special editions. Good luck, it’s a badass car regardless.
    Ok. So I now recognize the disparity with the cost of the option group vs the package What TA bits were left out off of the cars with the “option group” that were included with the “package”? Assuming brakes and dual mode suspension?
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

  13. #63
    PM'ed a few of your guys.

    Talk soon.
    R

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    I don’t believe I’m mistaken. The TA2’s mentioned were both 2015. Are you taking about the threedrb’s viper?



    It’s on the lower right corner of the dash plaque on the passenger side.

    The FCA is very clear about the TA being a special edition. All special editions are numbered. There was an identical spec’d 2017 comp blue exact to the pic above that was recently for sale. It was a low mile 1 owner car that had it’s “Viper GT” badges removed from the fenders and replaced with TA stickers. No TA’s have oem gloss black stripes and after searching all 2017 VINs only 2 we’re found, 1 TA1 and 1 TA2 none in blue. Even though the original MSRP was higher than a TA, some buyers may pay more for a special edition car on the used market. I’ve seen two so far do this, one being a 2017 comp blue low mile GTC with the srt hood, option group TA (not the TA package) and gloss black stripes, which may or may not be threedrb’s car, the other being a white Bonderant car.

    Switching the badging is anyones right but when you go to sell it and try and pass it off as a special edition it’s blatant fraud. Not trying to be that guy but I don’t want to see any buyer’s get taken advantage of.
    I donno.. you could say Dodge numbered all the GTC cars.. they are all 1 of 1 and noted as much on the dash plaque ("Custom Designed by.."). The serial production numbered cars are also special in there own way with the number telling you what number it was in the run of identical cars. Pretty cool that Dodge did all this cool stuff for us.. All These Vipers are awesome and special! Hope you all get out today to enjoy YOURS!

    Quote Originally Posted by hydronos View Post
    Can anyone help me understand how a base srt without the two mode suspension drives compared to a gts/ta with all the options and upgrades?
    I've daily driven both SRT suspension and TA 1.0 suspension Vipers and was perfectly comfortable with both. The differences were very subtle and maybe mostly due to the spring rate and anti-roll bar differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    Ok. So I now recognize the disparity with the cost of the option group vs the package What TA bits were left out off of the cars with the “option group” that were included with the “package”? Assuming brakes and dual mode suspension?

    the fender stickers and serialized production number dash plaque. Also, the 13-15 TA's had the .63 6th gear which switched in 16 as top speed for TA1/TA2 aero is achieved in 5th.
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 22 Hours Ago at 11:27 AM.

  15. #65
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Vipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    I donno.. you could say Dodge numbered all the GTC cars.. they are all 1 of 1 and noted as much on the dash plaque ("Custom Designed by.."). The serial production numbered cars are also special in there own way with the number telling you what number it was in the run of identical cars.
    Haha you're really trying hard. Those plaques are not numbered and the FCA has never listed all GTC cars as special editions. They kept it simple since there are no special editions that aren't numbered and there are no numbered cars that aren't special editions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    Ok. So I now recognize the disparity with the cost of the option group vs the package What TA bits were left out off of the cars with the “option group” that were included with the “package”? Assuming brakes and dual mode suspension?

    Carbon Fiber Rear Applique, Carbon Fiber Structural X-Brace, SRT hood, TA fender stickers, numbered dash plaque.

    It's really not much difference physically between the package vs option group but the FCA justified the price difference with an intangible. They made a lot of extra money making so many different special editions over the 25 years. The option group was really a much better bang for the buck, plus you could add any other options or colors you wanted where as the package you couldn't add options or custom paint.

  16. #66
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Scott_in_fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    Haha you're really trying hard. Those plaques are not numbered and the FCA has never listed all GTC cars as special editions. They kept it simple since there are no special editions that aren't numbered and there are no numbered cars that aren't special editions.

    It would be illogical for FCA to call a 1-of-1 car a special edition. It is by its very nature a special edition of 1.

  17. #67
    If I am looking to buy a car with a person's name on the dash plaque...can we get these re-ordered in some way?

    sorry...not trying to highjack...the topic just came up.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
    If I am looking to buy a car with a person's name on the dash plaque...can we get these re-ordered in some way?

    sorry...not trying to highjack...the topic just came up.
    Any of us who ordered a 1 of 1 got the plaque with our customization and a regular one for if we ever sold the car, so the owner may have one. Additionally, I think Doug Shelby makes custom ones as well you could always buy and replace it with


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •