Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Just checked. Fob will not set alarm or pop open hatch.
    Fob Battery was 2.8v, so put in new one, 3.2v. Same result, nothing.
    Checked car battery voltage, 12.4. Seems low, 2 year old battery. Super Start Extreme that was in it when bought car.
    Thoughts on what to try next? Or fob reset procedures?
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

Make sure the little metsl fingers are tight to the battery. They get finicky and sometimes dont make good contact. You can bent them a little out so they make better contact and use a little dielectric grease to help. Thats easy, quick and cheap check to cross of the list if you havent already.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Make sure the little metsl fingers are tight to the battery. They get finicky and sometimes dont make good contact. You can bent them a little out so they make better contact and use a little dielectric grease to help. Thats easy, quick and cheap check to cross of the list if you havent already.
    I did make sure the little metal fingers were out, I'll add some dielectric too. I'll keep playing around with it. with both fobs, troubleshooting.
    THanks for input.
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    I tried to set alarm with each fob this morning, separately and again in close proximity. Neither would set it OR pop open the hatch. I'll put a charger on battery this weekend and see if it's a voltage issue with battery. Could a battery at 12.4v be too weak to function alarm/hatch?

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    uvbnbit, 12.4 volts should equal about 50-60% charge...I doubt that it is too low for fobs to function.

Dealer trip may help you determine problem...such as WIN module...or other. They can also test your fobs.

A little more info on this issue:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...d-by-the-Viper
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    uvbnbit, 12.4 volts should equal about 50-60% charge...I doubt that it is too low for fobs to function.

Dealer trip may help you determine problem...such as WIN module...or other. They can also test your fobs.

A little more info on this issue:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...d-by-the-Viper
    Link wasn't loading, but I think I've read most the "fob" issue threads.
    Dealer is what I'm trying to avoid...UGH. They are horrible here. Last resort for sure. And hoping it's not WIN module. Trying everything else first.
    Thanks for reply.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    tried a few more things.
    put charger/tender on car, it's up to 75% charge, but at 14.2v with charger on it. Tried fobs and nothing.
    Took it out of hibernation mode, fobs won't open hatch.
    Doors won't lock/unlock from buttons on door either.
    Am I missing something? maybe a setting in the Uconnect has been changed?
    Panic button won't work either.
    Really confused at this point. Again, just trying to avoid a trip to dealer.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    UPDATE:
    Put on charger again. Once it got to 100%, I didn't wait, I removed charger, got in car, it started no problem. Drove about hour, got out, door locks worked, hatch release worked, all seems fine....for now.
    Only thing I did different is I had BOTH fobs in my pocket. But, I still think its low battery voltage causing issues.
    I'll start using a tender on the 2017 now too. Tender has done wonders for the '98 battery life. I figured the Hibernation Mode would keep battery from getting too weak. I believe owners manual says that mode should be good up to 30 days use?

Quote Originally Posted by uvbnbit View Post
    UPDATE:
    Put on charger again. Once it got to 100%, I didn't wait, I removed charger, got in car, it started no problem. Drove about hour, got out, door locks worked, hatch release worked, all seems fine....for now.
    Only thing I did different is I had BOTH fobs in my pocket. But, I still think its low battery voltage causing issues.
    I'll start using a tender on the 2017 now too. Tender has done wonders for the '98 battery life. I figured the Hibernation Mode would keep battery from getting too weak. I believe owners manual says that mode should be good up to 30 days use?
    I use both tender and Hibernation mode. Winter and summer. Hibernation mode was not quiiiite enough a few years back, when I had to start it on a cold winter morning for service. Took four wheezy tries, LOL. (This was years ago on the original battery). Hibernation mode OK for a couple weeks. Any more than that, just use the tender. Greatly extends battery life.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12