Our 1st track day together

What a great car. The hp, torque, brakes, downforce all great. It easily beats my 2006 Ford GT cus GT has a lot less downforce.
    I only got 1 session in cus I let Eric take the 2nd one. He’s several times IMSA Champion and he said the ACR E is the best road car he ever drove for track day.
    I’m a lot better driver now than when I had my hot rod C6 Z06 katech. The katech was stupid fast w 650hp 7 lowered gears and good downforce too.

I love my ACR E

You have driven a lot of amazing cars on the track, so your review carries a lot of weight. I'm really happy - and not at all surprised- that the Viper met or exceeded your expectations.
    Last edited by TA Two Oh; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:19 AM.
    2015 TA 2.0 Venom Black. 2001 Sapphire Blue Roadster SOLD, 1994 Viper Black Roadster SOLD

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Congrats!!!
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

I’m used to going into turn 1 w just a lift then full throttle in the DP. I tried that in the 2006 Ford GT & did a 720 spin into the grass LOL.

Would be interesting to match the ACR E vs SVJ. They are both massively fast in very different ways. The SVJ has paddle shifts, AWD, traction control, very high tech ALA air management system that stalls out one side of car depending which direction you turn & more downforce on other side.

I wasn’t pushing ACR E hard cus we have the old KUMHO tires & old brake pads & also 1st time in the car on track.
    Last edited by HUBBELL RACING; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:36 PM.

Awesome. Glad you like your new toy. I'd say you would feel more like you're connected with the car in the Viper than the SVJ. I'm taking mine out soon to the roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway (was supposed to go a couple weeks ago, but it didn't pan out). The infield course will be fun and similar to my road course experience, but the high banked corners are going to be a little different/new to me.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBBELL RACING View Post
    I’m used to going into turn 1 w just a lift then full throttle in the DP. I tried that in the 2006 Ford GT & did a 720 spin into the grass LOL.

Would be interesting to match the ACR E vs SVJ. They are both massively fast in very different ways. The SVJ has paddle shifts, AWD, traction control, very high tech ALA air management system that stalls out one side of car depending which direction you turn & more downforce on other side.

I wasn’t pushing ACR E hard cus we have the old KUMHO tires & old brake pads & also 1st time in the car on track.
    The Gen 5 Viper has a very advanced traction control system as well, it's a race system designed by Dodge engineers alongside Bosch engineers on the track.
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    Awesome. Glad you like your new toy. I'd say you would feel more like you're connected with the car in the Viper than the SVJ. I'm taking mine out soon to the roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway (was supposed to go a couple weeks ago, but it didn't pan out). The infield course will be fun and similar to my road course experience, but the high banked corners are going to be a little different/new to me.
    Yes the ACR E feels more like 06 GT which has zero TC. it’s a more organic feel vs Lambos techno wizardry.

I LOVE banking. We have both @ Homestead & I hit Daytona every time I get. It’s weird at first looking up to see the road but you get used to it. Just think of it as a straight. Sadly the Viper just doesn’t have the top end for Daytona so I’ll keep her busy @ Homestead, PBIR, & Sebring

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Yes the ACR E feels more like 06 GT which has zero TC. it’s a more organic feel vs Lambos techno wizardry.

I LOVE banking. We have both @ Homestead & I hit Daytona every time I get. It’s weird at first looking up to see the road but you get used to it. Just think of it as a straight. Sadly the Viper just doesn’t have the top end for Daytona so I’ll keep her busy @ Homestead, PBIR, & Sebring

Bill, be CAREFUL with the Kumhos on the banking. Especially Daytona. They will NOT last not matter the pressure or setup. I know homestead isn't as steep but still pls be careful with banking. Bring the SVJ to Daytona in Nov. Alan just bought an SVJ as well.
    ACR-X #26 - 1992 RT/10 - Demon PCP - Ram 2500 Cummins

Thanks for the advice. I’ll take the Corvette DP to Daytona. Homestead doesn’t have as much banking as Daytona but the banked turn is a lot sharper 180.

Alan copied me on the SVJ

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Thanks for the advice. I’ll take the Corvette DP to Daytona.
    and bubbles
    ACR-X #26 - 1992 RT/10 - Demon PCP - Ram 2500 Cummins

It’s not HUBBELL RACING @ Daytona without Bubbles

I only got 1 session in cus I let Eric take the 2nd one. He’s several times IMSA Champion and he said the ACR E is the best road car he ever drove for track day.

I love my ACR E
    Is that Eric Curran?

Yes, that’s my coach, buddy, Co driver IMSA Champion Eric Curran
    Attached Images Attached Images