Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Highest mileage GEN V

Ok, whos viper has logged the most miles.. how’s it treated you? Anyone over 75k yet?
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 07-11-2020 at 11:17 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    I bet there are a few with over 100K
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

At current rate my car will flip 100k in the year 2144

I’m looking forward to that milestone
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

Ed Massena
    VOA National Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    PlatinumGrill is probably close to the highest and seems to be solid, no issues with the car. (wish you could tag someone in a post here like IG)
    NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

Over 100k on a gen v?? Holy cow batman!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    It's been a slow year, but I've got 58,000 on my '14. There's a couple people out there close to 100k, I'm pretty sure. I heard that Dodge Law car was in the nineties.

This one, I think.
    B99563143Z.1_20170812174532_000_G961JPU9T.1-0.jpg

Here's a few threads I found using the Search.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-mileage-Viper

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...les-on-a-Viper

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...and-most-total

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Mileage-Vipers
    TA 37/93. 65,229 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    Gab: @TheMentioner
    • There is no slash in "TA", unless you're from Canada.
    • Always post photos when asking questions, and learn to orient them correctly.
    • Do not start a thread that only contains a link to another site. Copy the article and tell us what's up.
    • Use the search function before starting a thread.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

I'm up to 26K on my 2016 ACR-E, most of them TRACK MILES, so yeah. I'm happy. These cars just love to be driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    It's been a slow year, but I've got 58,000 on my '14. There's a couple people out there close to 100k, I'm pretty sure. I heard that Dodge Law car was in the nineties.

This one, I think.
    B99563143Z.1_20170812174532_000_G961JPU9T.1-0.jpg

Here's a few threads I found using the Search.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-mileage-Viper

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...les-on-a-Viper

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...and-most-total

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Mileage-Vipers
    This was more gen v specific.. those links are general viper/all gen’s. 58k is great.. s[ounds like youve been having a ball with it

Impressive if that dodge law car has 90k! Its getting around for sure!

I'll let you know when I cross 100,000mi. At the rate I'm going it's going to take few more years. I got the car with just a few miles on it Dec 15th. In that time I've put just a bit over 9,500mi on her in 6-ish months. I drive it almost daily. Miles will be a bit slower over the next couple months as I hate cleaning it weekly. But as soon as the rain stops the miles will pile on quickly as I drive about 50mi ea way to and from work daily. Oil changes are a breeze but the dip stick...well...I've nick named it Dip-Sh!t. I hate that stupid thing.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    I only have a little over 50,000 on my 2013 and it runs like a top.

I did pickup a 2010 two years ago to lighten the load on the Gen 5.

So far the Gen 4 has 20,000 more miles than it did when I got it.

I work at home so pretty much all smiles per gallon.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Good to see. I just turned 50,000 miles.....on my daily driver Ram! The Viper is sitting at 14,500. 200 will get added tomorrow on my round trip to Carlisle and back.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    If I didn't have two Gen 5s I would be over 40,000 (ok, that sounds like I'm bragging, sorry!). As it is they both have about 20,000 on them.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    46,000 on my 15-10,000 on my 17!

My 13 and 14 both had about 20,000 each so close to 100,000 on the 4- so far just LOTS OF OIL CHANGES!

For the wear and tear I put on them the performance and reliability has been exceptional!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    At current rate my car will flip 100k in the year 2144

I’m looking forward to that milestone
    Haha!! I thought I was low with my 1200 a year average, sadly the car has more trailered miles than what's on the odometer. I do plan to daily it on every day with no rain in the forecast when I get it back from Calvo. It's cool to see quite a few are over 50k already!
    Black Viper TA #15

Just hit 80K about a week ago!

IMG_2494.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Ok, whos vioe4 has logged the most miles.. how’s it treated you? Anyone over 75k yet?

Wow.. awesome! 80k. Love it! Thats what these cars are all about!! Hows it been treating you?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    80,000- SWEET! Hope you've enjoyed every mile like I do! Great to see!

It's been great. Most of the miles are from when I lived down in Texas but recently relocated on the Pacific North West and it didn't get out much in the winter here. But yes it has been well, proud of every mile..... it's been with me almost everywhere and I take great pride in it. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Wow.. awesome! 80k. Love it! Thats what these cars are all about!! Hows it been treating you?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jns681186 View Post
    Just hit 80K about a week ago!

IMG_2494.jpg
    So other than tires, oil changes, brake pads, and windshield wipers what other maintenance have you had to do? What year is your car? I hope you don't say 2017, that would be nuts!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Why do you say windshield wipers? I still have the OEM wipers on my 2003 and they work fine. Note when on extended storage periods I always place a paper towel under them. And yes I have used them many times over 45k miles.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Why do you say windshield wipers? I still have the OEM wipers on my 2003 and they work fine. Note when on extended storage periods I always place a paper towel under them. And yes I have used them many times over 45k miles.
    Thinking that in 80K miles the wipers would be shot, maybe not. Never had a Viper myself with that kind of mileage.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Now that you mention it in Washington rain may be more frequent, but it sounds like it was in Texas most its life. My own experience is seldom do we drive in the rain intentionally. Though I did drive to a Viper event in St. Louis one year where it rained all the way from Minneapolis to St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    I daily drive my viper (2017) and am a bit over 30k miles.. ive had to replace the wipers already once as the rubber started separating from the blades at the edges.. its always parked inside and under cover; even during the work day. We get a lot of rain use here in florida on the drive home.. afternoon showers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by jns681186 View Post
    It's been great. Most of the miles are from when I lived down in Texas but recently relocated on the Pacific North West and it didn't get out much in the winter here. But yes it has been well, proud of every mile..... it's been with me almost everywhere and I take great pride in it. Thank you for the positive feedback.
    Id love to hit 250k mile on mine.. only thing stopping me would be if they came out with a new one. Im meticulous in my maintenance and follow the factory recommendations for service and consumables. I just love this snake!

Lets see some awesome pictures of that beast of yours to show folks they dont melt when ya drive them!

Model year 2015, and I purchased in October 2015. A good amount of these miles are from going back and forth from Lubbock, TX to Waco, TX on weekends, I would take it literally almost every weekend for the first couple of years. In my 5 years of ownership (other than what ViperSRT mentioned) I've had to replace the following:
    -Oil Cooler Lines (twice)
    -Rear License Plate lights
    -Passenger Window (One day it just fell into the door frame and shattered)
    -3 sets of Wiper Blades
    -Battery (which was just barely replaced last month).... yes that battery lasted 5 years
    -1 Rear wheel stud on both rear wheels

ViperSRT, I never intentionally drive in the rain, however I have gotten caught in the rain several times, especially living out here in Seattle. But it is not my daily, but I do drive it nearly every time weather permits. I do not track it, and always leave bit garaged when I'm not using it. Through these 5 years it has been very reliable. When I moved from Texas to Washington, I was hesitant to make the drive because some areas are so rural/remote if something happened, I'd be in some serious trouble, but the whole trip (nearly 3000 miles) it didn't skip a beat! In fact I'll never forget that drive for as long as I live.

SRT_BluByu, here are some recent pics of me driving it through Mt. Rainer Park and on the coast out here in Seattle. Sorry for the not so good quality, not sure how to upload high quality pics on this forum.

-Jordan

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 11.58.10 AM.jpgIMG_1214.jpgIMG_1901.jpgIMG_2559.jpgIMG_1934.jpg

Beautiful.. i love the red with the black sidewinder ii’s.. choice combo for sure! Are you running the corsas or the regular pzeros? Ive found the wear rate about the same on the street but the grip better with the corsas.. this is of course between my last two vipers.. previous having been an SRT

Im gonna guess 5 sets of tires.. howd ya end up having to replace wheel studs?
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 07-11-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast