Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Central North Florida
    21k on mine
    2013 Viper GTS Blue (no stripes!) with Sepia interior- only 4 made! WannaGOfast 1/2 MILE BEST OF 157.89 mph @ 600WHP
    2005 SRT10 Ram- lowered, T56 conversion, B&B longtubes, many other upgrades (my daily)
    1969 Mustang Fastback- 1973 Lincoln Mark IV- 1999 Avenger 3.8L - 2005 Mustang GT - 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody

Quote Originally Posted by jns681186 View Post
    Model year 2015, and I purchased in October 2015. A good amount of these miles are from going back and forth from Lubbock, TX to Waco, TX on weekends, I would take it literally almost every weekend for the first couple of years. In my 5 years of ownership (other than what ViperSRT mentioned) I've had to replace the following:
    -Oil Cooler Lines (twice)
    -Rear License Plate lights
    -Passenger Window (One day it just fell into the door frame and shattered)
    -3 sets of Wiper Blades
    -Battery (which was just barely replaced last month).... yes that battery lasted 5 years
    -1 Rear wheel stud on both rear wheels

ViperSRT, I never intentionally drive in the rain, however I have gotten caught in the rain several times, especially living out here in Seattle. But it is not my daily, but I do drive it nearly every time weather permits. I do not track it, and always leave bit garaged when I'm not using it. Through these 5 years it has been very reliable. When I moved from Texas to Washington, I was hesitant to make the drive because some areas are so rural/remote if something happened, I'd be in some serious trouble, but the whole trip (nearly 3000 miles) it didn't skip a beat! In fact I'll never forget that drive for as long as I live.

SRT_BluByu, here are some recent pics of me driving it through Mt. Rainer Park and on the coast out here in Seattle. Sorry for the not so good quality, not sure how to upload high quality pics on this forum.

-Jordan
    I am going to miss seeing your car in Lubbock! There are only 3 of us here now.

If you haven't already, grab the Doug Shelby Window Boss kit. The factory ones are weak and let the glass in the doors fall and shatter like what you had happen.

Are you just replacing the oil cooler lines with OEM ones? I think I have to do this soon as well as mine are starting to sweat a lot.
    14' GTS - SRT Hood/Laguna and Carbon interior/Carbon Aero/18 Speaker/Hyper Sidewinders.

SRT_BluByu, The Wheel studs just completely got broke in half, probably because of over-torquing w/new tires. I have gone through 4 sets. 2 P Zero & 2 P Zero Corsa..... I agree both build up about the same mileage. As of right now though, I am on Corsa's.

EX1, Hey nice to hear from you again. Can't say I miss Lubbock that much, I flew down a couple weeks ago to see some friends/family and it only took one 1 hail storm to remember..... that Lubbock's weather is little crazy, especially for the Viper. Yes I am replacing with OEM lines. I know there are a lot nicer one, but just haven't wanted to invest in some expensive ones yet.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    image1 (6).jpg image0 (2).jpg

Turned 50,000 miles a couple weeks ago! 21 oil changes so far-putting on my 5th set of tires next month-I don't track it but still somehow I'm on the original set of BIONIC brakes-go figure! Flawless in "almost" every way! At 49,000 the driver side window regulator needed replacing, followed by the passenger side at 49,500- those were the only issues so far! Couldn't be happier-found a 17 Stryker Orange GTC with only 200 miles last month through John at Roanoke-optioned basically identical to my 15 and 17-that will be shipped to me in a couple weeks-PSYCHED-for all intensive purposes a NEW VIPER! These cars are incredible IMO!

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    We have a customer with a gen 4 viper. He has many of the parts we mfg installed on it. He drives it every day; rain, shine, snow long trips short trips. He drives his viper extremely hard and enjoys every minute he is in the drivers seat. He will be breaking 100k miles this year. 100K hard miles shows you how sturdy and reliable the viper platform really is no matter what gen.

If you DD on kuhmos, do you replace tires every 5 months?
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

I hope to hit 8k in a month or so.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mikesax View Post
    image1 (6).jpg image0 (2).jpg

Turned 50,000 miles a couple weeks ago! 21 oil changes so far-putting on my 5th set of tires next month-I don't track it but still somehow I'm on the original set of BIONIC brakes-go figure! Flawless in "almost" every way! At 49,000 the driver side window regulator needed replacing, followed by the passenger side at 49,500- those were the only issues so far! Couldn't be happier-found a 17 Stryker Orange GTC with only 200 miles last month through John at Roanoke-optioned basically identical to my 15 and 17-that will be shipped to me in a couple weeks-PSYCHED-for all intensive purposes a NEW VIPER! These cars are incredible IMO!
    This is fantastic! Not even the oil cooler line leak? You might be the only one! Goes to prove, cars that are driven are good. Says the guys whose car sits most of time, due to time issues and now weather.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesax View Post

That's awesome...gives us hope. I absolutely could daily drive my snake. I actually find it quite comfortable. How's the paint on the nose holding up?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    Paint great- nose has protection film!
    My 13 had a minor leak SWEX, fixed under warranty at about 20,000 miles-my 14 no leaks , traded it for my 17 at about 25,000 miles!
    My 15 BONE DRY as is my 17 with 11,000 miles!
    Really- just change oil every 2500-3000 miles or every 6 months-thats all these baby's need!
    Only the window issues-and they've been rolled up and down A FRIGGIN LOT!
    Had a radio update issue- fixed NP-and at 30,000 miles every fluid changed!
    Besides that these cars are SOLID AS HELL!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Minnesota
    I feel like I haven't driven my Viper in forever, but I think it has only been a couple of months now.

I can't even remember the odometer, but I want to say I have around 40K in Canuck measurements, of course.

14 GTS, bought new, mostly highway cruises with a fair amount of track time. Rain, shine, cold, whatever. 3rd set of tires are almost ready to go on, front pads were done last summer, battery last Spring, AC condenser (ate a rock), and a faulty oil pressure sensor have been the only fixes. Oh, and a loose window bolt in the pass side door. Other than that, regular maintenance and a recall, and it has been pretty reliable.

The Hyundai isn't starting to feel quick yet, so I'm not missing the snake too badly. That's when I know it is time.

Love to see people really getting some miles on these cars!!!

Dason
    First it was a '95 RT/10, then came the '01 GTS. Now it's a '14 GTS. They say the third time's the charm, I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    At current rate my car will flip 100k in the year 2144

I’m looking forward to that milestone
    LMAO!

I'll play. 14,736 currently, 2013 with April 2013 build date. Had 7200 miles when I took delivery in October 2014.

1. Oil cooler lines, once, one of the fittings, twice.
    2. Rear diff replaced under warranty Spring 2016
    3. R28-29 (passed) Feb 2016
    4. Door handle recall (can't remember)
    5. Brake/clutch fluid couple years back
    5. Replaced battery and belt this year

On 2nd set of Corsas, and oil changes, that's the list to date.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

2,3xx miles. Actually I'm kinda proud of myself for driving it as much as I did this year - ~400 miles.

Got my Passenger side Window Regulator replaced under warranty about a month ago.

Think I need a new Battery too as it didn't want to crank a few days ago. Only been sitting a month now in hibernation mode. Next Spring...
    2015 Viper GT
    2021 Model Y Performance

Picked up my '14 GTS with almost 1,000mi on it. It showed up in Jan 2020

Just turned over 8,000mi today. I didn't get to drive it as much as I wanted in the beginning of the year as I spent weeks polishing and cleaning it perfection. The usual stuff PPF, window tint, change all fluids etc (doing all my own work).

I'm trying to turn over 10k this year. Next years goal is 15kmi (for a total of 25,000mi). I "almost" daily drive it. Any day it's not predicted to rain greater than 25%....I'm driving it!

Waiting for this coming summer (my "bad weather"). I'll do headers, HF cats and a tune and call the car done and the ultimate plan is to turn over 100,000mi as fast as possible.

I'm pretty comfy in the car and drive mostly with the windows down and the 18speaker HK cranked. Everyday is an event...I will admit getting gas 3x's a week kinda sucks. I wish the tank was bigger or I had the 0.50 6th gear. I usually get about 250mi/tank. Lifetime mpg so far is 15.8mpg....still better than my Ram1500. ������

The car has needed nothing but a new set of tires. I put on Nitto Invo's as they hook well in a straight line and when/if I get caught in the rain I can still drive 85mph no problem.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 12-17-2020 at 09:58 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Picked up my '14 GTS with almost 1,000mi on it. It showed up in Jan 2021.
    Did you tow it home with your DeLorean?
    First it was a '95 RT/10, then came the '01 GTS. Now it's a '14 GTS. They say the third time's the charm, I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Snake View Post
    Did you tow it home with your DeLorean?

Between the drugs, hookers and blow...I'm surprised you remembered so much from our trip honey. . J/K

Ooppsssss. I mean 2020. My bad.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 12-17-2020 at 09:58 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Minnesota
    LOL Best answer ever!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12