It doesn t get much better

It doesn’t get much better than wrenching with my boys.

Changed out all the fluids (except the differential which will be done tomorrow) and pulled the stock exhaust and cats off as the Belanger system is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Viper SRT-10 Convertible

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    If you have it that far, might as well also check the condition of the parking brake pads, especially the inside pads on each side. They tend to drag and wear out faster than the outsides.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Ameration, when I first got my Viper 5 years ago I used to always say "I'll never have kids" .... but 5 years later now that I am 30, and then when you posted this, it's like ok now I get it...... maybe having kids is worth it. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by jns681186 View Post
    Ameration, when I first got my Viper 5 years ago I used to always say "I'll never have kids" .... but 5 years later now that I am 30, and then when you posted this, it's like ok now I get it...... maybe having kids is worth it. Thank you for sharing!
    i just had my first one and I'm 33. Don't do it!

Congrats! We raised 4 fine young Americans who are now in their 20s.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

My pit crew started when my son was 5 , letting him check tire pressures , start the lug nuts on the wheels, clean the windshield , etc. This was all at an autocross and as I got older he did more and more to the point at 15 we were racing together. When I decided to run Spec Miata , he literally built my first car almost completely himself at 17/18. Now at an autocross I check his tires , clean his windshield and start the lug nuts -------oh, and I am the tire warmer too. Ameration it will come full circle and they will be the best times of your life , thanks for posting.

There is a great VOA Region in Ohio , so you should consider joining and involving your sons in the good times with the Club there.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Excellect followup photos !!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    South Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    My pit crew started when my son was 5 , letting him check tire pressures , start the lug nuts on the wheels, clean the windshield , etc. This was all at an autocross and as I got older he did more and more to the point at 15 we were racing together. When I decided to run Spec Miata , he literally built my first car almost completely himself at 17/18. Now at an autocross I check his tires , clean his windshield and start the lug nuts -------oh, and I am the tire warmer too. Ameration it will come full circle and they will be the best times of your life , thanks for posting.

There is a great VOA Region in Ohio , so you should consider joining and involving your sons in the good times with the Club there.
    Great post.
    2009 Viper Red ACR w/stripe delete & black/red interior (1 of 1)
    1997 b/w GTS....sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, not stock

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

Kids wrenching on cars with their dads.....that's what life was all about when I was growing up. Seems now its all about phones, the high school parking lot is full of 4 door vehicles instead of muscle cars, I'm not even sure why they are at school, they don't want to work or get a job anyway, lol. Great to see your pics of these kids doing what we all used to do...work on cars.
    1968 Plymouth GTX 440 super commando, auto, a/c
    1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 452cid BDS 871 Blower 900hp, 4-speed
    1997 Dodge Viper RT/10 smooth tubes, borla exhaust (1 of 64 in red, 117 total in 1997)

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Wish my Son showed some interest, 24 now and does not even know how to change a wheel!