VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Gen 2 with paddles

This was my car, I sold it to my buddy. The car blew up 3-4 brand new motors built by A&C. Sometimes they blew up on the dyno, sometimes after 2 laps. Long story but I'm not going to get into it in a public forum, so don't ask. $100K++ was wasted. I had sent the car to A&C for Gen 5 heads conversion, it took over a year by the time I got the car back I had so much seat time and money into my Gen 5 I decided to just make that my track car. I got the car, sold it to my good friend Scott. We took it to the track, the motor blew up in 3 laps. He kept sending the car back to A&C, same thing happened over and over. We'd get the car back, boom, the motor would either blow up on the dyno or first few laps at the track. LOL. Anyway, on to the good stuff. We finally agreed to get the car away from A&C and sent to Calvo. Antonio Calvo and Exotic engines collaborated on the design and build of this destroked, lightweight crankshaft, 8200RPM monster. Calvo spent an insane amount of time and energy on this project, he probably lost money on it but really loved this project. Lots of insane details like alacantara dash etc, he wen't all out. In the two videos below Adam Tobolowsky is driving. He told me the car was the fastest revving car he has ever tracked. The car ran a 2.14 at COTA it's first time out, just shaking the car down. This was with bad brakes and no ABS lol. Car now runs a Bosch racing ABS setup. Shoutout to Collin (Ninjaneer) for the MoTec setup/tuning!

Crank the speakers up to hear this beast-

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...71&id=10053637

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0LD...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2v7QMKF898
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Damn that thing is fast , you may get paddled by your good ( fast) friend Scott when you guys meet on track, ha!

Insane video and it sounds incredible!
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bloody Hell..........................Coor that's Awesome, the Noise! What DB is that Puppy kicking out?

I've loved watching the build.

The way Antonio was displaying it, I thought it was a shop car. I reached out about purchasing it, he told me it belonged to a customer.

AMAZING build. Antonio definitely does things right.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    That thing sounds epic!!! I see why you switched.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Such a badass car! Love seeing the Gen 2 race cars still at it!
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

Enthusiast
    This is in my top 5 of favorite vipers ever. Hope to see/hear it in person one day.
    Your friendly neighborhood certified driver coach.
    White TA #7
    ApexObsessed.com

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    GD those upshifts. Love it!
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    This was my car, I sold it to my buddy. The car blew up 3-4 brand new motors built by A&C. Sometimes they blew up on the dyno, sometimes after 2 laps. Long story but I'm not going to get into it in a public forum, so don't ask. $100K++ was wasted. I had sent the car to A&C for Gen 5 heads conversion, it took over a year by the time I got the car back I had so much seat time and money into my Gen 5 I decided to just make that my track car. I got the car, sold it to my good friend Scott. We took it to the track, the motor blew up in 3 laps. He kept sending the car back to A&C, same thing happened over and over.
    I know you don't want to get into a debate but, for real, what kept failing on the engines?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperDrive97 View Post
    I know you don't want to get into a debate but, for real, what kept failing on the engines?
    Maybe the builder
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

VOA Member
    since 2020

Pure awesomeness!!

The base was a regular GTS, right? Or did it already start as a racing car?
    1998 Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    The owner just started it up for the first time this weekend, he text me:
    "OMFG I just started it up and every ounce of air was sucked out of my body and my asshole turned inside out, it's fucking gnarly!" LOLOLOL

That's awesome

[QUOTE=Arizona Vipers;419804]This was my car, I sold it to my buddy. The car blew up 3-4 brand new motors built by A&C. Sometimes they blew up on the dyno, sometimes after 2 laps. Long story but I'm not going to get into it in a public forum, so don't ask. $100K++ was wasted. I had sent the car to A&C for Gen 5 heads conversion, it took over a year by the time I got the car back I had so much seat time and money into my Gen 5 I decided to just make that my track car. I got the car, sold it to my good friend Scott. We took it to the track, the motor blew up in 3 laps. He kept sending the car back to A&C, same thing happened over and over. We'd get the car back, boom, the motor would either blow up on the dyno or first few laps at the track. LOL. Anyway, on to the good stuff. We finally agreed to get the car away from A&C and sent to Calvo.

Cable,

I'll give some details, then I will leave the post be as it's a past, Moot point at this stage.

You bought this car sight unseen as it was a promised, "supposedly proven" car making 600whp. You wanted me to do a gen 5 head conversion for more power. It was a full fledge race car, slicks, no plates etc. You had never driven the car nor had I. I did what you had asked me to do. First putting the car on the dyno and testing it at 520whp. We then pulled the engine and install the Gen 5 top end package with our camshaft. Modified your crossbracing, exhaust to fit your original opening and whatnot. Gen 5 manifold with cable throttle bodies, etc etc. You only drove the car on the street and said it felt awesome. I only did the top end, NOT the bottom end. Ending in 720whp. According to my records, car was brought to me Jun 10, 2016 and left November 3rd, 2016.

You sold it to your buddy Scott and he took it to the track where it spun a bearing on Number 3 (this is on the original engine, where i just did a heads cam swap, this in NO way can affect oiling). The "engine alone" was sent back to me and I charged your friend to tear it down, rebuild the engine, and associated shipping. They installed the engine and it, this time, threw a bearing on the dyno (the exact same rod journal). Your friend called me explaining everything and said he was shipping the entire car back to me. Once received, I covered the engine cost and rebuilt it yet again, only charged Labor to R&R the engine as I solely received the motor the first time, and cleaned out the entire oil system. Put it all together, dynoed the car again, checking the filter and the bearings after the dyno and saw zero issues. So car was shipped.

He went back to the track and the exact same thing happened.

You again had a failure at the track, took matters to another level, and sent the car to calvo.

The end result was me getting a call from Calvo saying that it wasn't my engines that were failing, It was whomever built the dry sump. The tank was built and someone covered the vent. In addition the feed lines were too small and should have been much larger. THIS was the cause of all the engine failures. 3 engines, one not my build at all, and all the same rod bearing. At that time I was not fully versed in the dry sump systems, but I was also not being paid, nor asked to set one up. I was enlisted to modify an engine, then build the engine. Because I was not the dry sump expert, I sent the pump alone to Daily dry sumps every time to have it cleaned and resealed. My knowledge of dry sumps has changed greatly since this experience as this was an expensive lesson learned

I'm glad Calvo and Exotic worked wonders on the car. Calvo scrapping the entire dry sump and doing everything new was what I should have done initially. Expensive lesson learned on my part. I'm glad I was thorough enough to take pictures of the entire car before I ever touched it as I was being blamed by You and Scott for installing the incorrect size lines on your dry sump and stating this caused the engines to blow. Fortunately I had pictures of all these lines when the car was initally sent to me. Once I forwarded all this information to the required party, I no longer heard anything from you and Scott demanding $100k when the total money spent with me was less than half of that between you and Scott.

One thing to note is You got the car in November 3, 2016. I didn't hear of the problem until November 2, 2017. I have nothing bad to say about You or Scott, but if you wanted to bash on A&C for not building an engine correctly, and leave out the major details involved, I decided to just point them out. If anyone has questions or concerns on this post I wont be replying here, but anyone is more than welcome to call me at the shop.

Every shop has had problems that can arise. I as well. But never a problem we haven't stood behind in 15 years to try and rectify.
    A&C Performance
    951-696-0500
    Todd@acperformance.net

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    You really want to start this? WOW. Ok, we have pictures too. This is a huge mistake on your part to do this. You were sent a letter by a lawyer with over a $100,000 claim. YOU NEVER RESPONDED YOU IGNORED US. But now you see this post and choose to respond? And that's what you call "stand up"? I've got over 10 people that have contacted me via PM with some SERIOUS shit you have fucked up for them and I kept it quiet. Some of it is outright fraud. I cannot believe you want to do this after I went really easy on you. Everything you have posted here is incorrect, down to the dates. I'm sure you will start editing. Again funny how you get a $100,000 claim against you and you ignore it 100% for years, but you now respond to a post once it's made public. Why didn't you respond to your customers legal complaint? Scott let this go, but now I doubt he will. I've got EMAILS AND INVOICES FROM YOU, WITH VERY DETAILED MODIFICATIONS YOU MADE TO THE OILING SYTEM THAT CALVO IDENTIFIED AS THE CAUSE OF THE MULTIPLE ENGINE FAILURES. To repeat you modified the engine oiling system, and rebuilt the motor at Scott's expense THREE TIMES and ALL THREE MOTORS EITHER BLEW UP ON THE DYNO, OR WITHIN A FEW LAPS. I emplore you to not go down this road as I don't have the time or energy, but if you want to go this route I will start posting screen caps of emails and invoices about your lies above. I already took screen caps of your posts knowing you will be editing soon. LOL.

Oh, shit.

What side mirrors are those and what are you using for the speedometer? Do you have any pictures of the interior and exterior?

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jance GTS View Post
    What side mirrors are those and what are you using for the speedometer? Do you have any pictures of the interior and exterior?
    Im guessing those side mirrors are from The Plymouth Prowler (same as what they used on the Gen II Viper GTS-Rs) Only problem with those is they don't fold in + they are really hard to find.

WOW! I mean WOW
    13' SRT Viper, 00' RT/10 Viper, 18' LS500 Lexus, 15' RCF Lexus, 08' H2 Hummer

I am the one that Cable got the car from. I ran it hard for 5 years and won a NARRA championship with it and NEVER had any problem with it. The problems began when it went to A&C performance. He is a liar and a thief. Period!!
    Last edited by XLR8; 1 Week Ago at 09:31 PM.

Enthusiast
    This thread isn't going to buff out.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

Ruh roh.

Somebody's lying. I wonder who. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn