Best brake upgrade

So we were back @ Homestead Speedway today. I’m pushing her a little harder. The brakes feel good but when you start shortening your braking zones and mashing the brakes HARD they feel a little weird. The car seems to wiggle a little & back end gets a little twitchy, it’s easy to catch but not confidence ensuring.

What brakes would you suggest for a car that pretty much lives exclusively on track?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    While waiting for answers, you can gain some insight from this thread discussing said wiggle:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ady-Been-Asked

And...

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Kit-Evaluation

Finally, see Mark Jorgensen's comments on rear toe in:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...at-high-speeds
    Last edited by Steve-Indy; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:25 PM.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Thnx. It’s more fun when Bubbles wiggle their buts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HUBBELL RACING; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:28 PM.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hell Yeah

I choose the one with the shoes that are most difficult to run in because I could catch her the easiest.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    I choose the one with the shoes that are most difficult to run in because I could catch her the easiest.
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Increase the rebound in the rear til it goes away. 2 clicks will probably work.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingswh View Post
    Racingswh would probably know, I don't think there's anyone on the planet with as many track miles in a Gen 5 ACR as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Racingswh would probably know, I don't think there's anyone on the planet with as many track miles in a Gen 5 ACR as him.

Switching it up and racing a Nissan 370Z this weekend in an AER endurance race. Should be fun.

Definitely looking to add another ACR-E if the right one can be found. Was also considering a 458 Ferrari Challenge car but running costs may be too high for my liking. I am spoiled by the ACR-E.

Mine used to dance around in the back a bit when on the brakes hard. Increasing the rear rebound cured it completely. If anything I wish there was more adjustability with the Bilsteins.

I had the same wiggle the other day in some hard braking zones and it definitely got my attention/was unsettling. So it sounds like you are suggesting this is more of a rear suspension set up issue rather than the ABS and/or front to rear brake bias issue?
    Last edited by ViperNC; 1 Week Ago at 03:57 PM.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Switching it up and racing a Nissan 370Z this weekend in an AER endurance race. Should be fun.

Definitely looking to add another ACR-E if the right one can be found. Was also considering a 458 Ferrari Challenge car but running costs may be too high for my liking. I am spoiled by the ACR-E.

Mine used to dance around in the back a bit when on the brakes hard. Increasing the rear rebound cured it completely. If anything I wish there was more adjustability with the Bilsteins.
    How did the Enduro go brother????

Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    So it sounds like you are suggesting this is more of a rear suspension set up issue rather than the ABS and/or front to rear brake bias issue?
    You can reduce the rate of unloading of the rears by making it harder for the shaft to extend. If you go too far, you will get hydraulic lock and it will get nervous Suddenly. You can also add a touch more front bump to slow front weight transfer.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    I had that in my car with stock pads. I finally ended up with GLoc Brake Pads. r-18 for the front R-16 for the back...running 170 at Daytona slam the brakes for turn 1 no issues...great brake pads...

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    You can reduce the rate of unloading of the rears by making it harder for the shaft to extend. If you go too far, you will get hydraulic lock and it will get nervous Suddenly. You can also add a touch more front bump to slow front weight transfer.
    OK, a post with great rear ends and talks of shaft extension, combined with a few glasses of bourbon have told me I better sign off for the night before I get put in jail. Carry on fellas!
    98 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle
    2014 Ftype V8S

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    How did the Enduro go brother????
    Ran P1 to P3 in class and top 10 overall out of 50 cars or so both Saturday and Sunday. After nearly 8 hours of what seemed like sprint races we lost all brakes with 17 minutes left on Saturday and 34 minutes on Sunday. Pit stops and driver changes were pretty perfect. Racing was a blast. Looks like I am headed to Mid Ohio with them in October.

As far as the dancing rear on my ACR-E it was not brake pad compound or abs activation. It was rate of weight transfer during threshold braking from high speed. When I slowed that transfer down slightly it cured the issue.

Meh - brakes. They just slow you down.

Congrats on running well!

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Meh - brakes. They just slow you down.

Congrats on running well!
    Thanks! It was a fun weekend. Just four of us and I was in the car for an hour and 45 minutes or so each day. I need to get quicker on out and in laps. Especially my outlap. Have to go as hard as I can immediately instead of taking half a lap to "settle in". Cars are being well prepared and well driven so it's two 8 hour sprint races now with practice and qualifying all day Friday. You need endurance calipers and pads on the car now if you expect to finish these 8 hour races in a fast car that runs at the front.

We are all very spoiled by pur Vipers. It's amazing how well they work compared to about everything else even as heavy as Vipers are. I am headed back to the same track in the Viper in a couple weeks and fully expect it to be 2-3 seconds quicker than any racing car that was at the event this past weekend albeit I will be on Michelin slicks. Even so it's a street car that still has it's warranty in tact. Never ceases to amaze me.

If I was going endurance racing with my Viper at any point I would have Essex AP Racing build me a set of endurance racing calipers capable of accepting the inch thick pads. There may be other options to consider. I just have the AP racing sprint calipers on another car and they work extremely well.