Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    New Owner used Viper Time to mod PICS

    New owner here! I come from a long line of Mustang ownership (V6, GT, Saleen S281) and later Corvette ownership (370WHP, 420WHP, 640WHP). My dream car has always been a Viper ever since I was a little kid. I think a lot of us share the same story! I finally picked up this beautiful 2005. The first owner had her for close to 15 years and the second owner only drove her for 300 miles. I'm super excited to own this car!

    Here she is the day I picked it up...
    IMG_6542.jpg


    I'm not a huge fan of the stripe or the red accents so a few things have began to change. The seat hoops are faded red and are first to go!IMG_6614.jpgIMG_6616.jpgIMG_6624.jpg
    Last edited by slowstang305; 09-24-2020 at 01:23 PM.

  2. #2
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    RedTanRT/10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,406
    Congrats!! Your Viper looks very clean and I always liked the contrasting red interior pieces with the Mamba’s!

    The ACR style red stripe does look good with the black paint and red interior, but the stripe on yours is an odd shape. Take a look on like at a 08-10 black ACR with a red band. You might want to go that route. Best wishes, Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

  3. #3
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    12
    Nice car! Welcome to the club!

    Where in FL are you? I'm in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    South Florida
    70mopars's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    29
    Enjoy the car! There's a lot of us in SoFlo area.

  5. #5
    Beautiful car. I love the red accents. What all red are you wanting rid of? The door panels? Center console? My car is all black inside and I would absolutely love mine to have the red mamba color scheme.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw. I am in Tampa.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Congrats!! Your Viper looks very clean and I always liked the contrasting red interior pieces with the Mamba’s!

    The ACR style red stripe does look good with the black paint and red interior, but the stripe on yours is an odd shape. Take a look on like at a 08-10 black ACR with a red band. You might want to go that route. Best wishes, Mike
    Thanks Mike! I agree the stripe is definitely different and the previous owner told me he wanted it to go with with shape of the car. I'm afraid to remove it because of paint correction that my be needed to get it just right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
    Nice car! Welcome to the club!

    Where in FL are you? I'm in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.
    Thank you! I'm actually in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. Hope to see you around!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersprts View Post
    Beautiful car. I love the red accents. What all red are you wanting rid of? The door panels? Center console? My car is all black inside and I would absolutely love mine to have the red mamba color scheme.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw. I am in Tampa.
    Just too much old suede inside that has weathered. I will update the post with the progress!

  8. #8
    This is a picture of how I got the car. All of the screws on the dash were misaligned and some weren't in at all. The suede lost all of its color and had become faded. The suege on the steering wheel wore down and had turned black. A few parts were ordered!
    IMG_6548.jpg

    New dash and steering wheel!
    IMG_6637.jpg
    IMG_6638.jpg

  9. #9
    Pulling the old dash was pretty easy and with the right steering wheel puller the wheel came right out...
    IMG_6675.jpg

    Finished product!
    IMG_6681.jpg
    IMG_6684.jpg
    IMG_6686.jpg

  10. #10
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Beach Park
    Posts
    105
    Very nice! Where did you the new black pieces

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper4Life View Post
    Very nice! Where did you the new black pieces
    Thank you sir! They are factory mopar from Athens Jeep


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •