Very excited for this!

http://www.viperdaysracing.com/
    1996 GTS, 2003 Comp Coupe, 2014 GTS in GTSR Blue

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    I really hope I can be at this one!
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

Just keep up posted with the site goes live....
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Dang , makes me think I need to sell my Launch Edition and get an ACR ( Gen IV ) just to run again at RA! Even for those not running ,this could be a great Viper gathering for racers and cruisers.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Viper Days.....HA!

They certainly contributed to my addiction with the viper. Got invited to go after I bought my 2000 in 2003 by a local guy name Dave Cawthorne (BBD). I learned alot about car control, safety and set up from folks like Skip, Archer and the various competitors that ran. I ran a basically stock GTS with only headers and added safety and components to increase reliability in prepared. It was by far some of the best track days I've had. Now 17 years later I still retain fond memories of those events at Willowsprings and Buttonwillow.

I may have to try and make this for old times sake.
    2010 ACRx #24
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Great idea!
    Washed-up Viper pilot.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Wow, looks like a great event!! Like Catwood, I started with Skip doing HPDE. He put on great events!!

Those were the great days of Viper racing. I was living in Phoenix and there were a number of racers and Eddie Martin was working at Bill Luke Dodge and there were always plenty of race cars in his shop. So many of those guys helped me at the track!!!!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Thanks for everyone who put this together! It would be really hard for me to make it, 3 days each way, but if I have the time I'll try my best to be there.
    Any west coast guys think they can make it? We can caravan.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Is this going to be timed, like time trials? Or will we be racing??

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    R A almost my backyard!!!!!!!!! Need to go!!
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Ahhh, the Good Old Days.............Pace Car for ViperDays

Nobody ever passsed me !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 10-19-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Arizona
    My favorite road course in North America! Hope to be able to be there.
    98 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle
    2014 Ftype V8S

That looks EPIC! Always wanted to get on track at RA. Bucket list...
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Ohio

It's unclear to me right now if there will be HPDE track time, but I sure hope so since I no longer have the Comp Coupe but would love to put my Gen V on Road America. It is SUCH a Viper track!!
    1996 GTS, 2003 Comp Coupe, 2014 GTS in GTSR Blue

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Cali guys...Road trip..! Lets get a group and go.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Hey Tom, I'd love to go but for my 1st time at RA I'd want to be in an HPDE setting, not wheel to wheel racing. We'll see if they add HPDE.

If so, maybe we can get Steve from Car Prep (or another carrier) too take a 6-8 car load both ways. I don't have the time or desire to tow 2,100 miles, twice!
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Hope that is part of the program as honestly the Time Trials and HPDEs were the bulk of the participants. I remember we had around 24-26 folks running in Super Stock at Mid Ohio in 2000 and that was just one Class. The Racing group was almost always the smaller group till later in the life of Viper Days. It was a great program and I would have to agree with Red/TanRT10 , it is a track that commands respect and many would have as much fun doing a Time Trial / HPDE there the first time around. Having run there a couple of times, that is a solid idea coming from Dana Point and it would open up alot more folks to participation.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Let's see if I have my car back by then. SoCal nasa just released their schedule and they have a big gap from June to October (not counting their nationals)
    2010 ACRx #24
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    For now, its more time trials/track time. Not wheel to wheel.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E, 2009 ACR
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

The question I have is: will there be a Challenge Series Time Trial, or is track time reserved only for VRL race cars?

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    The question I have is: will there be a Challenge Series Time Trial, or is track time reserved only for VRL race cars?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wondering if I can do some laps, I did a few Viperdays myself.
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    North Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Hi Dean and all, yes to your question and the one earlier.

There will be a Time Trial event Sat and Sun also. For the Time Trials we expect an experienced track driver to qualify with a track prepared car. This is tentative, things could change by morning. There are lots of cars that fit here. Similar to NASA and SCCA Time Trials

Also there will be two races, one on Saturday and one on Sunday with Friday reserved for two 30 minute practice sessions open to all drivers.
    Skip and our little team of organizers are still working out the bugs, some folks want full on racing while some would prefer the experience without the pressure and potential carnage of a race.

Pretty sure a couple of us got older and maybe a bit rusty so safety has to be a major factor when planning a "one off" Reunion event at one of the fastest U.S. tracks. To qualify for the race group you will need previous VRL experience and a car that also ran there among other things but all that is Skppy's domain.

Most of you know Road America and may have witnessed they can place over 80 cars at one time on their track. Not much of a problem to space out all these cars since this is a 4 mile lap, but then it becomes a problem if somebody gets cute and crashes, it eats up the clock to clear and get back out. Our time will be limited and precious since we are partnering with GT World Challenge America formerly Pirelli World Challenge. Maybe not as known as say Nascar but their cars are twice as nice and last year a great crowd came to watch. You can bet we will improve their draw and add to their video stream as well.

We are expecting to get a window of time near evening for the street cars that would like to do some Sunset Laps, with pace car of course.

Registration will open in early November, around then I will come back with more details. This is gonna be huge, getting lots of emails and phone calls, hold your reigns close for a couple weeks. We want to do this right.

Best. Bob Woodhouse for the Reunion Team
    Bob Woodhouse

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Woodhouse View Post
    Hi Dean and all, yes to your question and the one earlier.

There will be a Time Trial event Sat and Sun also. For the Time Trials we expect an experienced track driver to qualify with a track prepared car. This is tentative, things could change by morning. There are lots of cars that fit here. Similar to NASA and SCCA Time Trials

Also there will be two races, one on Saturday and one on Sunday with Friday reserved for two 30 minute practice sessions open to all drivers.
    Skip and our little team of organizers are still working out the bugs, some folks want full on racing while some would prefer the experience without the pressure and potential carnage of a race.

Pretty sure a couple of us got older and maybe a bit rusty so safety has to be a major factor when planning a "one off" Reunion event at one of the fastest U.S. tracks. To qualify for the race group you will need previous VRL experience and a car that also ran there among other things but all that is Skppy's domain.

Most of you know Road America and may have witnessed they can place over 80 cars at one time on their track. Not much of a problem to space out all these cars since this is a 4 mile lap, but then it becomes a problem if somebody gets cute and crashes, it eats up the clock to clear and get back out. Our time will be limited and precious since we are partnering with GT World Challenge America formerly Pirelli World Challenge. Maybe not as known as say Nascar but their cars are twice as nice and last year a great crowd came to watch. You can bet we will improve their draw and add to their video stream as well.

We are expecting to get a window of time near evening for the street cars that would like to do some Sunset Laps, with pace car of course.

Registration will open in early November, around then I will come back with more details. This is gonna be huge, getting lots of emails and phone calls, hold your reigns close for a couple weeks. We want to do this right.

Best. Bob Woodhouse for the Reunion Team

Wow!!!!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    Thanks Bob! Keep us informed of the details. I want to wait to get more detailed information before I convey it to my local members. Otherwise, I'll get a bunch of questions for which I don't have answers.

Viper Days 2.0 at VIR was one of the coolest Viper experiences I ever had.
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes
    2017 Challenger Hellcat - Destroyer Grey
    2020 Ram 1500 - Billet Silver

NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

I received an email reply from Skip yesterday that non-caged, non-race prepared cars will not be allowed to compete. Challenge cars, as of this writing = exhibition/'sunset' laps only.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 10-26-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast