Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America

Finally got a Viper

Realized a childhood dream and drove home a red ‘94 RT/10 last night. What a surreal experience. Been OBSESSED with this car since the ‘89 Detroit auto show. Read thousands of forum posts from owners, drove the car in video games, had the posters on my wall, had my pic taken in front of one dozens of times, chased them down in traffic just to get a closer look.....and now there's one in my garage.TYLER 1.jpg
    Last edited by RCR88; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:15 AM.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    Unfortunately, I’m so tech stupid I can’t figure out how to post pics....

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Congratulations...and, welcome to Viper ownership !!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    Congrats! A very familiar story around these parts :-)

Where are you located? You run into others when you find VOA events near you.

Best of luck! And make sure you have non-aged tires!
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes

NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    I’m in western Iowa. Yeah, the stock/old tires have got to go!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Congrats!!
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

Pix are easy. Shoot some, download to your computer and upload to your next post or maybe edit to your original post. Whether edit or new, the task bar on top has an icon for pix (3rd from the right) Hold your mouse over it and the cursor will identify "insert image". Click on that and it will give you a choice of the URL or your computer. Get the picture file and click on the pic you want to display and it will prompt you to upload. Let's see the car. I'm 77, if I can figure it out, anyone can. Oh! and if you're going to stick your foot on the gas, be sure your wheels are pointed str8 ahead. Seriously! A lot of folks have wrecked their Vipers not knowing that rule.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020

Congratulations from someone who also fulfilled his dream this year ;-) Enjoy YOUR Viper!
    1998 Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Congrats and feel free to call me as we are neighbors. I can introduce you to the guys a Woodhouse Dodge as well as Mark Jorgensen who was the Woodhouse Motorsports Division Mgr. but is now over running the facility at their Bentley Store ( shop, parts, etc. ). The Dodge Store can handle virtually all your needs , but the plus is they have Mark still around for additional help and between him and the Viper Tech there is over 40 years experience. Sure you are excited and welcome to the VOA. We have a pretty active Club ( Crossroads ) so you need to consider joining and our President lives over in Western Iowa too ( Council Bluffs ).

Bill Pemberton
    402-677-5864
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

Welcome to the Viper realm! Can't wait to see the pics. I still love seeing the RT/10 roadster after all these years
    '01 ACR, 16k miles, 1 of 38 Race yellow without stripes, Billy Boat headers, high flow cats, Corsa catback, Scott plug wires, MGW shift knob, Aldan coilovers, chrome BBS wheels

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    Yeah, i'm just straight down the road from the Blair store on HWY30 (Carroll) and would love to be part of the club. Talked to Jethro last week about some general pricing on services and what not. Said Fred would be the guy doing the work. Nice to have such a great resource that close to home. I look forward to meeting you.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    Edited original post with pics. Thanks for the help Graphite Snake. Was trying it on a smart phone last night and didn't see the icon. Desktop made it much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2490 (002).jpg

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Another beauty, congrats and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Congrats and feel free to call me as we are neighbors. I can introduce you to the guys a Woodhouse Dodge as well as Mark Jorgensen who was the Woodhouse Motorsports Division Mgr. but is now over running the facility at their Bentley Store ( shop, parts, etc. ). The Dodge Store can handle virtually all your needs , but the plus is they have Mark still around for additional help and between him and the Viper Tech there is over 40 years experience. Sure you are excited and welcome to the VOA. We have a pretty active Club ( Crossroads ) so you need to consider joining and our President lives over in Western Iowa too ( Council Bluffs ).

Bill Pemberton
    402-677-5864
    This is off-topic, but Bill - just wanted to mention that way back in 2005 for my 10th birthday my dad took me to Woodhouse to see the Vipers. I think it might have been you who gave us the tour (I had a business card with your name on it I'm pretty sure). I got a signed picture from Bob Woodhouse that I still have hanging on my wall to this day!

PXL_20201026_141320167.jpg

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but just saw a familiar name and wanted to share that.

Welcome to the club RCR88! That's a gorgeous RT/10.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Congratulations!

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    I remember watching that car racing on the "Speedvision" channel!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

That would have been me as I was the only one selling Snakes at Woodhouse. Bob sold his portion to his partner a few year after that , but the cool part is he still has that cool trick painted Comp Coupe down in Ft. Worth ( where he moved to). He gets it on track every once in awhile and in fact at a past Viper Rendezvous he set the fastest door slammer time ever set at Motorsports Park Hastings. That is a big achievement as there have been some talented Pros there that never matched his time. The pic is fantastic and heck he never even gave me one, hehe!

RCR88 -- glad you have talked to Jethro and Fred has been working on Vipers clear back when Bob W. was still at the Store he founded and off racing in the World Challenge Series ---- so he has worked on Snakes for a very long time.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

Congrats on fulfilling a dream. The Viper was an obsession for me as well!
    03 C5 Z06 - K&N filter, Corsa Sport Cat Back - Torch Red
    96 Viper GTS - Corsa Cat Back - Blue and White
    02 Honda S2000 - Fujita CAI, Invidia Single Cat Back, Comptech coils - Sebring Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RCR88 View Post
    Edited original post with pics. Thanks for the help Graphite Snake. Was trying it on a smart phone last night and didn't see the icon. Desktop made it much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2490 (002).jpg
    My pleasure RCR88. That's a sweet ride. Get out there and enjoy it while you can. Winter's comin' or maybe already there? Best, GS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Congrats! These Vipers a such special cars. Enjoy driving it and get used to lots of attention wherever you go.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Hellz Yeah !!!!!!!!! Congrats !!!!!!!

Good looking car! Enjoy!

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Crossroads of America
    Had a cool moment on the way home with it. A crew cab truck rolled up beside me and the kids in the back seat were freakin out waving and pointing. I remember being that kid like it was yesterday. Begging my dad to chase a random Viper through Omaha so I could just have more time to be around one. So dumb that a car can have that much influence on you. haha

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT

Congrats,drive and joy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast