Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB ACR or TA

Enthusiast

Cool WTB ACR or TA

Sold my Gen V about 2 years ago and immensely regret it. Looking for an ACR or TA. Don't really have any color preference, but would prefer no stripes on an ACR. Modifications are ok. Let me know what you got! PM with pics/info. Thanks!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    i got a 14 ta black number 10
    Last edited by bluesrt; 11-05-2020 at 09:20 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Catwood will sell you a real ACR for $250K. And Policy Limits might let his go for $500K
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Policy Limits has extra stickers on his and 4 more speakers I think.
    2010 ACRx #24
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

Enthusiast
    There is an orange TA for sale in west palm beach...it is fairly overpriced, but only one I've seen in awhile. Also, had 4 owners. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...kin-d678_L7883

Scroll all the way down
    Last edited by Whiplash; 11-05-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    2016 Viper..Yorange GTC
    9.0 L 800 HP

Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    i got a 14 ta black number 10
    For sale? Please PM with info if original poster isn’t interested. Not trying to snake it from him if he is

Just listed an ACR-E on the FB page for USD $175K, if you’re willing to do a bit of paperwork to import from Canada. Brand new with only 11kms. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    There is an orange TA for sale in west palm beach...it is fairly overpriced, but only one I've seen in awhile. Also, had 4 owners. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...kin-d678_L7883

Scroll all the way down
    i donno.. i wouldnt say its overpriced. there are only so many vipers and even less in specific configurations. Id say its not unreasonable for what it is.

^^^ Somewhat overpriced if we are going by prior sales, but not tremendously so if you take into account what SRT_BluByU has said (limited number of cars, etc.).

The reality is that these cars have been underappreciated and thus undervalued for a very, very long time and the market is only now catching up to rationality. Hand built sports cars in very limited quantities, with looks and performance on par with just about anything out there was not previously pricing correctly. We've been screaming about this on this forum for years. This was FCA's job to do (market the car properly), and it failed miserably at that.

So $125k for a low mile, well kept OTA is not ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by metal_militia View Post
    Just listed an ACR-E on the FB page for USD $175K, if you’re willing to do a bit of paperwork to import from Canada. Brand new with only 11kms. PM me if interested.
    Beautiful car, nice price.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    ^^^ Somewhat overpriced if we are going by prior sales, but not tremendously so if you take into account what SRT_BluByU has said (limited number of cars, etc.).

The reality is that these cars have been underappreciated and thus undervalued for a very, very long time and the market is only now catching up to rationality. Hand built sports cars in very limited quantities, with looks and performance on par with just about anything out there was not previously pricing correctly. We've been screaming about this on this forum for years. This was FCA's job to do (market the car properly), and it failed miserably at that.

So $125k for a low mile, well kept OTA is not ridiculous.
    I agree with Scott. When I started shopping 2 years ago for a Gen 5 there were nice SRTs and GTS’ with low to reasonable miles available in the low to mid 70’s. That same car is now low to mid 80s which is a 10-15% increase. It’s silly to think that all TA’s and certainly the OTA hasn’t benefited from at minimum the same level of appreciation. The car in question was easily a $100-105 car when I bought my TA in April of 19.
    Last edited by Oh Three Z; 11-05-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    When you have a budget of $120k and go looking for a late model and rarish supercar you start to understand why Viper values are going as they are...and still have a good ways to go. The msrp was low, and Timmy was a fool to then lower it by $15k. Just incredible incompetence in so many ways.

Now's a good time to buy any Viper, and the only better time is now behind us.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 65,000 kms, special occasion fun. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 991.2 Turbo S, 16,000 kms, anytime fun.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post

Scroll all the way down
    Man prices have jumped a lot since I bought my last one. I remember a black TA going for 80k on ebay, and then a OTA went for 84 as well. This was back in 2017 tho. There was a red ACR on ebay a couple weeks ago I should have jumped on that went for 123k with forgeline wheels and exhaust.

I may be dumb asking, but you all think prices come down when the new C8 Z06 comes out?

^^^ Good question, but no.

I say that because I'm seeing that the determination of car pricing is moving away from being entirely related to performance and moving more towards (1) driving experience and (2) rarity of the vehicles.

This phenomenon began to show itself with the massive price movement in vintage Pcars nearly 10 years ago now. Air-cooled, manual shift, rare Pcars like GT2, GT3, CGT, etc. all went ballistic at auction. Why? Because the brand is the Rolex of automobiles, always stylish and cool to be associated with, and.... and these are the big ones as they relate to Viper Gen V pricing imo, the driving experience is unique and finding cars in good shape is difficult.

I think Gen V Viper pricing is starting to become based on those factors as well ---- the driving experience is unique (and with Gen V, truly enjoyable and as capable as anything out there) and the cars are extremely rare (and great looking) -- I can't recall the last time that I came across another Gen V recently.

If that portends to be true, then no modern era Corvette will be comparable because, although the driving experience can be good, even very good, it is the same driving experience that is on offer from many makes these days (mid-engine, paddle shift, substantially lacking in character -- yes, I've owned them). And on the rarity front, it has no chance. The C8Z will soon blend right in with the sea of other C8's that GM will continue pumping out as fast as it can.

So I agree with Bruce that now is the time to buy if you really want in. There is nothing else that is legitimately hand made, in such small batches, with the levels of performance, driving character, build quality, and fit and finish as a Gen V Viper. Everyone who sells one knows they made a mistake as soon as the car is out of the garage. There's a reason for that. The cars are very special (surprisingly so for an American mega MFG) and it is incredibly difficult to find a replacement with similar character and emotion anywhere near the current cost of admission (closest I can think of is '05/'06 FGT or 2011 GT2RS in the $350k range; after that, and your looking at $800k for a CGT; no Macs, no non-hypercar Fcars qualify).
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 11-06-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Oh no. Another value thread off and running.

As a first time Viper owner, as of recently, I will say that I love driving my new Viper! I drove it for the first time on Wednesday, I had to get it inspected. These cars are amazing machines, and unlike anything I have driven in the past. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I see the values continuing to climb, and plan on keeping mine in new condition and keeping the miles very low.

There was a black with no stripe ACR-E for sale in Tomball, TX. It was only posted for a few days, but has been pulled off the site now so it may have sold. It was a 2016 with 1,022 miles and all carbon fiber options, listed for around $175k. Assuming it sold, it only lasted a few day at that price....
    2017 one of 1 ACR-E Aka the Mistress

Anything under $200K on an ACR-E is a deal right now.
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    At that price I'd throw in my LLC in Montana.
    2010 ACRx #24
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

Enthusiast
    Bump. Still looking. Mostly interested in ACRs but shoot me what you have still!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    St. Louis
    2014 black ta #10 3200 miles bought new, 119k

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    There is a 2016 ACR E on eBay for $179k, 1000 miles, yorange color with brass monkey wheels. It has been listed for awhile now. If the market is so hot for these right now, why has nobody picked it up?

Color combo.. ick

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    Same color as the Barrett Jackson viper but with stripes instead of center and drivers stripe, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 02192viper View Post
    Same color as the Barrett Jackson viper but with stripes instead of center and drivers stripe, correct?
    I think the Barrett cars are TA Orange. That is the color of my Viper. Much different than Yorange.

2E1A5F94-4D45-44B2-A430-6AC6EC711661.jpg
    Last edited by Cadster; 11-15-2020 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Northern California
    Good info. I thought the yorange was a Stryker color. After research, I see that it is not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast