Gen 2 F1X 1261whp 1071 wtq

I have a 98 GTS with a ProCharger F1X on it. The original builder was JMB Performance but I was having difficulties with the set up slipping the belt along with other various issues I thought could be sorted by the company building my twin turbo gen 5 ACR which is local and not 20 hours away so I inquired of a tune and elbow grease on my gen 2 by Nth Moto and it turned into an entire rebuilding of the car to get things more to our liking. That’s the skinny of it! Anyways it may be the highest hp centrifugal blower Viper, at least from what I’ve seen. Here’s a list of mods and a link to the video https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4APVpF...d=k2iabix7lv4d

Engine by Nth Moto:
    Gen 2 block
    Gen 3 crank
    Gen 4 heads and intake (ported/matched)
    Forged rods/pistons

Transmission:
    Spec clutch
    Tranzilla T-56 H pattern

Oil:
    Dry sump

Fuel:
    Flex fuel (dyno’d on E85)

Air:
    F1X ProCharger (current pulley 17psi)
    Air to air

Driveline:
    DSS drive shaft
    DSS 9” IRS with 1500hp strange gears
    DSS 1500 half shafts
    Willwood 15” rear wheel conversion for the drag packB1AEE105-A44A-421C-8771-D3C6E0E0235C.jpg51E7870F-8E56-4156-9260-79D10B8C1934.jpg121E5EDB-82FE-422C-BCE8-B5A8C2BFDFA0.jpg
    M-130 controlled traction control

ECU:
    MoTeC M-130
    17 GTS-R #5, 16 Nth Moto TT ACR, 98 ProCharged F1X GTS

Regional Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Nth Moto never disappoints , well done !
    White Mamba ,

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Wow, Over 1000 hp with a blower.
    Just wondering are the GEN 3 cranks stronger than the GEN 2 cranks.
    I snapped a GEN 2 crank a few years back with a paxton.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

sick, what RPM are you spinning it to? Are you maxing out the blower rpms? Hope to reach that level. Actually what drag wheel setup are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    I’m honestly not sure on that. My builder suggested it and it added a bit of displacement so I rolled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasond29 View Post
    sick, what RPM are you spinning it to? Are you maxing out the blower rpms? Hope to reach that level. Actually what drag wheel setup are you running?
    Being my ID1300X injectors pegged out of fuel at 6700rpm with the 40° cool air and current boost it’s cut off there. With a different pulley it was previously turning 7,200 but Nth was able to make 200 whp more with less boost and less rpm so we went with that. When they rebuilt the engine and re worked the pulley set up it was drastically improved. The goal with all of that was to have a more efficient and effective system that would be happier all around and it’s much happier.
    I have a street set up on 19s all around and my drag pack is a 315/60/15 with a Mickey Thompson ET Street Pro out back

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    That is certainly the worry with the blowers on these being the belt tension is so high. In this design that was a major element of concern in it’s reworking process. Changing pulleys for more belt wrap this less tension to hit the goal of traction seems to have been successfully accomplished. The crank snout was also tapped deeper to accommodate a roughly 4” thread depth to fill the voided space that sits in the factory crank snout behind the factory threaded portion for the OEM bolt. Whether or not that indeed helped or not, only time will tell.

I think the biggest issue with the JMB procharger bracket is the mechanical tensioner. If it had a spring tensioner it would take up the slack at high rpms due to belt stretch and allow a little less tension down low to reduce stress on the crank. That being said I am not knocking JMB and it looks like the issues can be resolved with different pulley combos. I ended up going with the large 7.8 lower and griptech 4.25 upper and so far so good.

Nth moto always knocks it out of the park and it looks like they have done it again with your car, sick power and red is the best color.

Nice build. Funny how they gladly do a complete build and not just some improvements.
    '97 GTS
    Twin Turbo 1300RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by TTSnake View Post
    Nice build. Funny how they gladly do a complete build and not just some improvements.
    Well it started out as simple improvements and unfortunately for both of us it turned into major revisions of pretty much everything. I’m a small business owner myself so I can understand how wanting to stay away from other peoples garage or multi shop projects would be in their best interest, however that was not the case here. They were willing to step in and help me with my partial car project. At the end of the day my company puts its best foot forward by doing projects from start to finish and the forewarning I received from Nth was that they were willing to help but that things may come up that need to be addressed in order to have it up to their standard in order for things to be happy which was the whole reason it needed to go there in the first place because it was not a happy system as a whole.

That's nuts. I've seen some of Nth Moto's videos on this car. They seem like a class act. Can't imagine what this cost to build, jeezus.

Did they make any improvements or changes to the engine (water or air) cooling system? Radiator, water pump, fans, etc.?

So what is the plan with this car, any racing or airstrip kind of stuff? Really cool to see a Gen 2 like this.

Also, do you have a pic of the dyno sheet?
    -Mike
    '97 Blue/White Viper GTS
    '93 LS1 Rx7 (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post
    That's nuts. I've seen some of Nth Moto's videos on this car. They seem like a class act. Can't imagine what this cost to build, jeezus.

Did they make any improvements or changes to the engine (water or air) cooling system? Radiator, water pump, fans, etc.?

So what is the plan with this car, any racing or airstrip kind of stuff? Really cool to see a Gen 2 like this.

Also, do you have a pic of the dyno sheet?
    I’m wondering if possibly you may be confusing my car with a much more publicized car called Juggernaut which is something that they built from a rolling chassis. They are both a red gen 2 GTS but mine doesn’t have the silver stripes. To my knowledge Nth Moto does not have any videos on my car as this was not “their build” but more of a fixer upper project as it had been built by someone else who had not yet sorted everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR2NVY View Post
    I’m wondering if possibly you may be confusing my car with a much more publicized car called Juggernaut which is something that they built from a rolling chassis. They are both a red gen 2 GTS but mine doesn’t have the silver stripes. To my knowledge Nth Moto does not have any videos on my car as this was not “their build” but more of a fixer upper project as it had been built by someone else who had not yet sorted everything.
    Damn, yeah, my bad. Been watching too many videos I get them mixed up! Badass car anyway buddy.
    -Mike
    '97 Blue/White Viper GTS
    '93 LS1 Rx7 (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post
    Damn, yeah, my bad. Been watching too many videos I get them mixed up! Badass car anyway buddy.
    No worries, I figured as much. Thanks man.