Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)

ViperJon,
    I will argue that $800 for a proper paint correction is fair. The cars I have done, which alot have a higher price tag than vipers, are never cared for properly that requires 10,12,15 hours of work to get perfect or as good as that paint can get, plus another few hours to apply a top coat. I think the max I have ever charged is $1400. Some detail shops are 3K plus. Lots of people spend that because they don't know. I will back my work against anyone in North America. I don't need the money or the jobs, so maybe that is why I am so honest. I literally do cars on my vacation days as a decompress, not to pay my bills.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by stevert View Post
    ViperJon,
    I will argue that $800 for a proper paint correction is fair. The cars I have done, which alot have a higher price tag than vipers, are never cared for properly that requires 10,12,15 hours of work to get perfect or as good as that paint can get, plus another few hours to apply a top coat. I think the max I have ever charged is $1400. Some detail shops are 3K plus. Lots of people spend that because they don't know. I will back my work against anyone in North America. I don't need the money or the jobs, so maybe that is why I am so honest. I literally do cars on my vacation days as a decompress, not to pay my bills.
    Shame you are not in Colorado!
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

Enthusiast
    When’s your next vacation?

ViperJon,

VOA Member
    since 2019

02rt10, When the border opens. Where in MI are you.. Im in teh Windsor area

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas

well all good to know ,couldn't for the life of me figure why Id want CC over my expel.I just know the Stryker Purple is an amazing paint option I wanted the best it could look!

If you want a good shine and water beading, and your paint is already corrected, then I would highly recommend Aerolon Tech Shine. On a Viper it takes an extra 10 minutes at car wash time and will give an immediate visual result. It also builds film a bit when used regularly. It increases DOI visually the 1st time as well. As already mentioned, a two bucket wash with a grit guard, and waffle towel drying followed with your favorite sealant, will give you all the paint protection one needs. Again, this assumes your paint is already corrected and you have expel or equivalent on the vunerable areas. Aerolon, like others with an Si02 product, have some good videos to watch.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Stay safe.
    2008 Venom Red Coupe -- Sold moving toward a GEN V.
    2009 BMW K1300GT Premium Blue
    1983 CB1100F Blue 1980 CBX-A Black

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    I was going to get my ACR paint corrected, the Xpel PPF replaced, and ceramic coated. Glad I read this thread! Now I can skip the ceramic coating and save some dough!
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    Yes you are right sorry - it’s 8-13 mil
    That's half an inch thick! hehe. They are 1-3 mm- https://www.tintdude.com/forums/topi...tek-and-other/
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Enthusiast
    I’m in Michigan, not too far from Windsor; let me know if you’re looking for something to do.

02rt10, When the border opens. Where in MI are you.. Im in teh Windsor area

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    I've said the exact same thing for many years and have always had the proponents loudly disagree. This is a scam that detailers love to promote because they can charge the end users for 8 hours of "prep" before splashing on the miracle ceramic coating. Of course, everyone who has paid the exorbitant charge is not going to say they were hoodwinked so they also extol the virtues of it as well. In the end, it doesn't protect from scratches or swirls any better, it has to be "renewed" to keep up the "protection" and worst of all....doesn't look any better than a $25.00 sealant from Pep boys. But then again if you're incapable of throwing a quality sealant on your car twice a year.....pay the $1200.00.....
    1200.. *psh* On my black car I was quoted over $3k by two different installers. I started using that Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray after a wash. Looks pretty damn amazing. Still tempted to install a proper PPF but prices I’ve been quoted are also insane. Tiny bird shit etchings are making me lose my mind on this black paint.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    That's half an inch thick! hehe. They are 1-3 mm- https://www.tintdude.com/forums/topi...tek-and-other/
    Better check those measurements. 1-3 mm is very thick! 3 mm is about 1/8 inch. 8-13 mil is about .2-.33 mm which is pretty close to the measurements in the link posted.

VOA Member
    since 2019

This is my Viper, under professional lights and after a 2 step correction. There isnt even a wax and glaze on it yet. My car has about 10 hours into it. Not a swirl or scratch

hood.jpggas cap.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
    IMG_5183.jpg

My guy spent 5 days on my Viper because like an idiot I had a ton of overspray on my paint from rattle canning my tire rack on my trailer. It was worth every penny I paid my detailer to paint correct and seal with Graphene. I also never really did any type of detailing on the car since I purchased it new. It deserved it.

This pic is right before the graphene was applied.

My Xpel is almost 6 years old and my side skirts have browned from high heat from the exhaust. I will have to get that swapped out before NVE to look fresh.
    Last edited by Larryskillzs; 11-28-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    2015 Dodge Viper SRT...... 2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV... Kubota BX25D
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew....2003 Honda S2000... Honda Grom

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Better check those measurements. 1-3 mm is very thick! 3 mm is about 1/8 inch. 8-13 mil is about .2-.33 mm which is pretty close to the measurements in the link posted.
    Huh? Let's make this simple. There's 25.4 millimeters in an inch. Yep, 3mm is 1/8th of an inch. Do you know what a 1/3rd to half inch thick sheet of plastic over your paint would look like? LOL
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    New Jersey

1mil is .001", not 1mm

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Huh? Let's make this simple. There's 25.4 millimeters in an inch. Yep, 3mm is 1/8th of an inch. Do you know what a 1/3rd to half inch thick sheet of plastic over your paint would look like? LOL
    Funny! I was correcting your correction of someone else where you stated the coating was 1-3 mm thick. You may have meant mil, but wrote mm. I think I know the measurement systems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12