Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook Groups

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    Sent you a pm to ask how you would define a certain gif posted over the weekend that I won’t describe in public
    Are you talking about the stick figure meme? Not gif?
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool
    2010 1:33 ACR Hardcore
    2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    The VOA will not tolerate that sort of garbage and when I chatted with Alex about mods he promptly removed the 3 VOA individuals that were mods to where he and his buddy Lyndon were the only mods which means the VOA had zero control over content.
    are you serious? you said you wanted the entire facebook group deleted. I removed all traces of VOA from the group PER YOUR REQUEST. So yes I 100% removed the 3 other VOA members who were admins that never did a single thing. My 'Buddy' is a social media expert and has done more for the VOA social media wise then anyone who has held VOA office including myself. Throwing out the baby with the bath water because some people got offended would be silly, so again.. per your request. The VOA was removed from the group.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Why are Beths posts now deleted?
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool
    2010 1:33 ACR Hardcore
    2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    I didn't get all the American Humor, but a lot of it was funny. As I said earlier, Chimps Tea party, and they are funny to watch It's dragging on a bit though.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    A little history and perspective as I have learned it.

When the VOA was formed, there were many things to be handled at once. The priorities were long.

Alex, heading up the Central North Florida region, offered to modify his FB group for the VOA. Several moderators from the VOA were added.

Things went smoothly for 6 plus years. So smooth, to Alex's point, the VOA moderators did little to nothing in comparison to Alex and Lyndon.

With the ease of operation, rules were not discussed, moderators did not meet as group, and Alex & Lyndon moderated the group.

When comments got out of hand, the VOA did not have the appropriate standards in place.

As a result, things got a "little" heated behind the scenes. I appreciate Alex and Lyndon's quick action when the VOA requested its removal from the group.

I know from personal experience when things have gone wrong in my life, it is much easier to look at the present to find fault. As I have tried to learn from my mistakes, I often find issues started in the past. They started small and were not noticeable - until they weren't.

So we ended up in a situation that was funny to some and not others. That includes VOA members.

Yes the internet is the wild wild west. FB and Forums can be. In some or most circumstances this is acceptable to those that join groups. For the VOA and other organizations that have paid membership, sponsors, partners, and advertisers, different standards apply. We are an organization that wants to be inclusive of Viper owners and those passionate about Vipers. As I stated in a previous post, 7th grade humor is hilarious to this 6th grade mentality post author. However, I want my spouse, my kids, and those of the region I belong to understand my passion and the passion of others who own Vipers. There is a time and a place. A FB group connected to the VOA was not the place. Just like if my buddies are over to my house, it wouldn't be the place for the same humor in front of my wife and kids unless we were in the garage and not in ear shot.

So going forward, let's not point the finger. None of us are perfect. We can be better going forward with better planning, better organization, and better execution. I screw up once an hour and, right now, I am 8-9 hours behind.

Thank you once again to Alex & Lyndon for their dedication to the Viper Nation. I am sorry we put you in a difficult situation - it wasn't fair to either you.

If anyone would like to discuss this with me personally which is always the best, please call me on 248-705-1245.

Thank you to Alex and Beth for reviewing this with me.

Respectfully,

Brian
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Hilton Head Concours 2019, Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2019/2020/2021, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    GT2 Owners Group
    Hagerty Coordinator

Beth Sewell
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    Why are Beths posts now deleted?
    I deleted them myself because they became counterproductive.
    '08 Venom Red Roadster with ACR aero
    '08 Black with graphite stripe ACRX clone - gone to the great race track in the sky
    '10 White ACRX #18
    '14 White Medusa #1 of 10 w/ ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Can I ask again, what is Legends of Viper? Thought I was pretty nice asking the first time.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Can I ask again, what is Legends of Viper? Thought I was pretty nice asking the first time.
    Generally speaking that is the people who were influential in getting the Viper designed, built and to market. For example Roy Sjoberg or Father Viper as he is known in the community.

They are also the very same people that when mentioned on the FB page are ridiculed as being "so what." Probably by those who no nothing about Viper and are only there to create chaos.
    Last edited by ViperSRT; 1 Week Ago at 07:31 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Thank you! I saw Beth mentioning something about Legends of Viper, the Club and that seemed to be moving forward to something but was not explained what. I know I don’t stand with any people degrading anyone with Team Viper. Only person I had taken issue with is Tim who took over from Ralph (I have my personal reasons for that) but everyone else deserves to be honored.

I have been fortunate to have met most of them over the years except Carroll Shelby and Bob Lutz.

Do we have a list somewhere with the names and what they contributed to the car? Would be nice to know who all have been considered in that group.

Thank you
    Rick
    Last edited by Coloviper; 1 Week Ago at 10:48 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Given the recent happenings and Facebooks decision to prevent the President of the United States from using the platform indefinitely, I am wondering what platform VOA will use. I will be soon leaving Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (already cancelled that one). Direct communication via the website may be the only thing left!

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Thank you! Do we have a list somewhere with the names and what they contributed to the car? Would be nice to know who all have been considered in that group.

Thank you Rick

Rick: Search "New Viper Book" for a really good overview of "the Players" in the Viper saga.

35% off discount just in time for holidays = $29 delivered. Whoever is asking what you want for Christmas, add this to your list:

https://www.veloce.co.uk/store/Dodge...car-p145352684

Use Coupon Code: STAY-INDOORS-AND-READ to get this inaugural price. Dont wait, ships postal from UK.... Credit Cards or PayPal accepted.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 1 Week Ago at 12:22 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Given the recent happenings and Facebooks decision to prevent the President of the United States from using the platform indefinitely, I am wondering what platform VOA will use. I will be soon leaving Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (already cancelled that one). Direct communication via the website may be the only thing left!
    Getting the hell off of Facebook makes perfect sense to me. Why should VOA be somewhere dedicated to censoring conservatives?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Rick: Search "New Viper Book" for a really good overview of "the Players" in the Viper saga.

35% off discount just in time for holidays = $29 delivered. Whoever is asking what you want for Christmas, add this to your list:

https://www.veloce.co.uk/store/Dodge...car-p145352684

Use Coupon Code: STAY-INDOORS-AND-READ to get this inaugural price. Dont wait, ships postal from UK.... Credit Cards or PayPal accepted.
    Thanks Jon! I have not seen that book. I do like the Roy video I picked up from you years back. Just bought the book from across the pond so look forward to getting it. Thank you!

Hope you are doing well these days? So ready to be done with the restrictions, masks, etc.

Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by Coloviper; 1 Week Ago at 08:49 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    Ha! Sorry, that's funny.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123