Web Site Committee
    Tech Team

F1 for the uninitiated

2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    That was fun!

Have you noticed that both Heiniken Beer and Mercedes Benz have F-1 themed TV ads right now?

VERY FUNNY, but only an F-1 fan would notice the 'underground' F1 references.... I suspect they were intended for European audiences.... 1 filmed in Monaco.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Thanks Scott, as an F1 fan from way back it was great fun and a nice illumination for many about how severe the forces are affecting the drivers who have the ability to drive at this level. I realized a long time ago ( back in my younger days, ha) that there was no way I could really drive one of these machines for very long. Though a novice , the presenter likely faired better than many would and did an exemplary job in describing how unbelievably difficult it is to drive one of these land based missiles. Likely it opened some folks eyes and proved the long held belief many of us have that to not regard a professional driver in many race series ( Nascar, IndyCar, Endurance Racing, F1, etc. ) as not just athletes , but supremely fit carbon based life forms!
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

That was fun. Guy did a great job.
    9grand idle, huh? WOW!

Like a lot of professions...ya just don’t know till ya do it. Driving race cars is hard work.

Thank you for sharing!