Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

BlackFlag Automotive BEWARE

My friend bought an ACR from them 7 months ago. He never got the title.
    Courtney over there has been ignoring his calls, emails and texts, she responded a couple times telling him she is dealing with a personal hardship. She got the title from the seller last September and now it's been "lost" since then.
    The check for the car was made out personally to her, not the company.
    What would you do? Lawsuits are expensive. Call the cops?
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 02-17-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Interesting that Courtney would be involved in something like that.

1.) Depends on state law. In Missouri, if a title isn't produced to the owner, he doesn't own it and can take it back for a full refund.
    2.) Why in the hell did he make the check out personally to Courtney Manwell? Incredibly ignorant on his part.
    3.) If he made it out to Courtney individually, why drag BlackFlag Automotive's name through the mud, when they might not have a clue what's going on?
    4.) I would have my attorney draft a letter giving 5 business days to produce a clear title, OR produce my $150k back.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Deleted
    Last edited by ViperGeorge; 02-16-2021 at 09:14 AM.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Similar thing happened to someone that I would have called a friend from One Lap of America. The guy participated in One Lap for several years. He ran a company in Florida, Chariots of Palm Beach, that would take cars on consignment. He would take the titles to the bank and get loans using the cars as collateral. He would sell cars, never deliver the titles, never send the money to the owner, etc. He had something like $40 million in loans from the bank. He was caught. He even had a car from the local Sheriff in his showroom on consignment.
    Yep. Ridiculous.

https://www.kcbd.com/story/38858910/...united-states/

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Interesting that Courtney would be involved in something like that.

2.) Why in the hell did he make the check out personally to Courtney Manwell? Incredibly ignorant on his part.
    3.) If he made it out to Courtney individually, why drag BlackFlag Automotive's name through the mud, when they might not have a clue what's going on?
    Over the last 20 years, I've bought hundreds of cars off ebay, I bought 500 alone in 2002-2005 when I had my dealerships. Half of them were private individuals that I'd pay in full before getting the car and never once had an issue. Not once.
    She works for Black Flag. He bought the car from Black Flag. She emails with Black Flag "letterhead". All her social media is linked to BlackFlagAuto.com so yeah they are involved here.
    If BlackFlag has no idea what is going on, then they need to know and this will help them and we can get this post deleted.
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 02-04-2021 at 04:41 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Similar thing happened to someone that I would have called a friend from One Lap of America. The guy participated in One Lap for several years. He ran a company in Florida, Chariots of Palm Beach, that would take cars on consignment. He would take the titles to the bank and get loans using the cars as collateral. He would sell cars, never deliver the titles, never send the money to the owner, etc. He had something like $40 million in loans from the bank. He was caught. He even had a car from the local Sheriff in his showroom on consignment.
    That was my first thought here, that somebody used this title for a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Over the last 20 years, I've bought hundreds of cars off ebay, I bought 500 alone in 2002-2005 when I had my dealerships. Half of them were private individuals that I'd pay in full before getting the car and never once had an issue. Not once.
    She works for Black Flag. He bought the car from Black Flag. She emails with Black Flag "letterhead". All her social media is linked to BlackFlagAuto.com so yeah they are involved here.
    When you had your dealerships, had no idea you were a dealer at one point, did you ever let one of your employees sell a vehicle and tell the customer to make the check out directly to them?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    When you had your dealerships, had no idea you were a dealer at one point, did you ever let one of your employees sell a vehicle and tell the customer to make the check out directly to them?
    Hell no lol. I'm sure the powers that be have contacted them already and hopefully we'll get a resolution to this very soon.

Hell no lol. I'm sure the powers that be have contacted them already and hopefully we'll get a resolution to this very soon.
    I would absolutely lose my mind if I found out one of my employees had a customer write out a check to them personally for a vehicle.

Fingers crossed. Good luck to your buddy!

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Get the Police involved, I've no time for this kinda shit I could not give a rats arse if these people have been part of the Viper community,

Thank you Arizona Vipers for flagging this up

Enthusiast
    Her Linkedin says she is the CEO of BlackFlag ....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    I would absolutely lose my mind if I found out one of my employees had a customer write out a check to them personally for a vehicle.

Fingers crossed. Good luck to your buddy!
    Well this has been going on months, Black Flag knows for sure. I just got word that she called him and said the title is "lost" and they are going to apply for a duplicate. So months go by, nothing. I post this and he gets a phone call. For the record he didn't ask me to post this, he wouldn't have let me

Quote Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
    Her Linkedin says she is the CEO of BlackFlag ....
    It doesn't matter.

I can guarantee I would never have a customer write me a check personally for vehicle that I own through my dealership. Sounds like she was floating the money interest free.

Well this has been going on months, Black Flag knows for sure. I just got word that she called him and said the title is "lost" and they are going to apply for a duplicate. So months go by, nothing. I post this and he gets a phone call. For the record he didn't ask me to post this, he wouldn't have let me
    Wonder what state the title was held in. State DMVs are incredibly slow right now with all of the COVID nonsense. It might be 30 days before he sees a title even at this point.

VOA Member
    since 2018
    North Texas

It certainly seems like the dealership is aptly named.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by wirepaladin08 View Post
    It certainly seems like the dealership is aptly named.
    AZ, sorry to read this!! Your friend does have the Viper in his possession, correct? Courts tend to side with consumers in possession when there is vehicle title fraud.

Cobra, I forgot your a Ford Dealer, yeah Regor-Dykes was a big mess!! I know a lot of senior management at Ford Credit, they were very embarrassed.

Here's one that was very embarrassing for Champion Porsche in FL

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...man-goes-rogue
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    AZ, sorry to read this!! Your friend does have the Viper in his possession, correct? Courts tend to side with consumers in possession when there is vehicle title fraud.

Cobra, I forgot your a Ford Dealer, yeah Regor-Dykes was a big mess!! I know a lot of senior management at Ford Credit, they were very embarrassed.

Here's one that was very embarrassing for Champion Porsche in FL

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...man-goes-rogue
    It's definitely changed how Ford Credit conducts business haha

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    D@mn, surprised to hear this and hope it gets sorted out quickly.

I signed a bill of sale for a car from PA on Oct 19. Right before the funds were to be sent, we learned they could not find the title. 3+ months now and still waiting for it. PA is extremely backed up. It was finally issued on Jan 15, and the owner still hasn't received it. Blows my mind. Needless to say, no payments were made.
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

Not sure if all states have the option for a vin search/lein information. But in Florida you can go to the DMV site and search the title by vin. It shows you information including any leinholders on the title.
    2016 Viper GT - Gunmetal Pearl

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    too funny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 ACRx #24
    2017 Real ACR 1C3BDECZXHV******

Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    too funny
    Oh the irony haha

Respectfully.....and this is just an opinion and not legal advice.....

I would make a demand letter to both the party and individual involved and give them a date certain to resolve the issue. If not, "further actions" will be taken. Don't state what further actions will be taken. It could be the police....it could be a lawsuit. And yeah......lawyers are expensive.....but so is 100k. It is amazing what happens when a lawyer gets involved. Remember.......the other side who has money issues probably does not want to pay for a lawyer even more than you do. Not to mention getting your fees paid for.

Just friendly suggestions....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    I'm sure Black Flag has various insurance policies to cover this. First thing I would do is go down to DMV and attempt to register the car and say the title was lost. Give them a copy of the receipt, copy of the cashed check, copies of emails, and fill out the forms to get a duplicate title Have them inspect it to verify the VIN.

If they say that's not enough, then send a demand letter as per what Patentlaw noted above - plus, demand to know who their insurance carrier is.

If all else fails, drive it to Florida and get a "washed" title for it, and then re-title it

EDIT: BTW - I did a check, and her "true" role at Black Flag appears to be "Title Manager". So, if she screwed up the title on this, Courts wouldn't look kindly on it. If it's fraud, then pray for treble damages (depending on jurisdiction law).
    Last edited by Martin; 02-05-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Beth Sewell
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston
    No, she didn't respond to your post - she responded to my request for attention 2 weeks ago and she spoke with him on January 21st.
    '08 Venom Red Roadster with ACR aero
    '08 Black with graphite stripe ACRX clone - gone to the great race track in the sky
    '10 White ACRX #18
    '14 White Medusa #1 of 10 w/ ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Uhh, might want to have your friend check into this ASAP. This doesn't look good....

Screenshot 2021-02-05 113545.jpg

Ruh roh.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast