Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking for an orange GEN 5 TA

Looking for a low mileage orange TA, clean clear title, and will ship to NYS. Like to be 100k or less. Cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Ha - arent we all.. pretty hard to even find a base 13’ srt at 100k. An Orange ta might be 120k+ if you can find one.. i hope ya do. Theyre great!
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 02-12-2021 at 10:31 PM.

For that wish list the OP is about 3 years too late
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

What would you peg a TA with 11k at, 3 Owners, supposedly clean title, new R888r, seemingly original everything else? Were they not part of the oil consumption recall? My 13 gts was. I sold it two days ago for 100k.7700 miles. This TA I’m looking at has a prefix pcm, like mine. The only reason I Did this was to shut up the CEL because I put in a mantic clutch. Otherwise he claims all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipera72 View Post
    What would you peg a TA with 11k at, 3 Owners, supposedly clean title, new R888r, seemingly original everything else? Were they not part of the oil consumption recall? My 13 gts was. I sold it two days ago for 100k.7700 miles. This TA I’m looking at has a prefix pcm, like mine. The only reason I Did this was to shut up the CEL because I put in a mantic clutch. Otherwise he claims all stock.
    My car has the same miles. Know anyone with $100k looking for one? lol
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

A little over 2 years ago, i've seen low mileage orange TA's sell for in the 90's. On here, they were asking over 100k. Wish I bought an ACR extreme when I saw them in the 120 range.

I take another one too for that description and price!! That’s close to what I paid 3 ½ years ago when you could buy a new ACR for $125K
    2014 TA orange #55

I have kicked my own ass a few times for not buying different Vipers over the last 3-4 years. Heavy discounts put them below what they sell for used now.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

Enthusiast
    OP are you referring to OTA #12? I saw the owner post on Facebook his interest to sell, though I don’t have much detail aside from what you posted. Looks incredibly clean, though.

Good luck in your search.
    Looking for TA 1.0 white or orange. Please PM me.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipera72 View Post
    What CEL did you get with the Mantic?

The only other Mantic I know of was noisy AF from the videos I've seen.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Inventory of Vipers is tiny. Any TA even smaller.. jump you budget to $120k and when one pops up it might find a new home..

I have one with about 8K miles 2nd owner. Stock except for lowering caps. Car is mint, no stories. New tires as of last summer with maybe 1000 miles on them. Not actively looking to sell but money talks.

If it’s Orange I’d say it’s going to have a 115-120 asking price
    '14 White TA #23 Bone stock
    '15 Z06 M7 Not bone stock

I thinks it’s pretty cool that ‘bargain’ Vipers are far and few in between. Finally people are taking notice. I am sure some will surface for less but they will have some baggage attached

Don’t hear much from those naysayers any more....wonder why ?

Enjoy your cars. Whether you drive them or just stare at them sitting there.

OP if you can't get a TA pick up a 13/14 base car with Track Pack, then add the TA bits (sway bar, BC shocks and front rear spoiler. Should come within your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    Ha - arent we all.. pretty hard to even find a base 13’ srt at 100k. An Orange ta might be 120k+ if you can find one.. i hope ya do. Theyre great!
    If someone wants to buy my '13 SRT Track Pack car, 14,800 miles, passed all recalls, couple of minor paint issues from actually being driven.. for 100K...! I'm all ears. I have title.
    C'mon....not looking to sell, but everyone has a price! LOL

That being said...an OTA is gonna be expensive and hard to find.
    Last edited by swexlin; 02-14-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    Don’t hear much from those naysayers any more....wonder why ?
    As far as Gen V's are concerned, it's partly because the majority of folks here now realize that every Gen V engine isn't about to blow. That hysteria hurt both new and used sales and values, much to the delight of some who were in the market to buy and shamelessly pushed that theory.

Another reason is folks are seeing that you still can't buy anything exotic, rare, or with this kind of performance, for anywhere near this money. There's still lots of room for value appreciation I believe. $120-125k buys you a 2014-15 911 991.1 GT3 that the TA runs circles around on track and they made 1000's of the GT3. Think GT3RS for more similar performance at a much higher cost...and still tons of them made. TA is a tough act to beat unless you want to add a lot more money and some big wings and such.
    2014 SRT Black TA, 69,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 19,000 kms.

OP I almost bought his car but he had another buyer who was going to pay more subject to financing and I just didn't know if I could do orange. Anyway, his buyer fell through and I passed but we chatted a few weeks later and his price went up significantly so I passed again.
    1991 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2012 BMW M3 Comp Pack
    2016 Viper Ceramic Blue GTC 1 of 1

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario

Why are values still being debated on here so much? The Gen 5 is certainly not your average sports car, I always knew that those who could afford to buy it new and truly realized how unique it was were in for a treat with future resale value. This is one of the very few, “affordable”, cars that everyone should have realized was going to appreciate as soon as it was discontinued. No one should be selling one for less than 10% above what they paid for it... NO ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    If someone wants to buy my '13 SRT Track Pack car, 14,800 miles, passed all recalls, couple of minor paint issues from actually being driven.. for 100K...! I'm all ears. I have title.
    C'mon....not looking to sell, but everyone has a price! LOL

That being said...an OTA is gonna be expensive and hard to find.
    Then in 5 years, you'll be asking yourself why the hell you sold it. Everyone has a price, but we just don't know what that price is yet...or at least I don't. I bought mine a little while after they hit bottom. For once in my life, timing went in my favor. I had to call my insurance co and up the insurance several times already...a good problem to have.
    Last edited by Gen5snake; 02-14-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    Then in 5 years, you'll be asking yourself why the hell you sold it. Everyone has a price, but we just don't know what that price is yet...or at least I don't. I bought mine a little while after they hit bottom. For once in my life, timing went in my favor. I had to call my insurance co and up the insurance several times already...a good problem to have.
    I'm not selling. I know values are going up a bit and that's good. But not that high....yet! I enjoy the car, and have no plans to sell, unless I need need cash, or something else unforeseen comes up..or someone makes a spectacular offer!!
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
    Why are values still being debated on here so much?
    What else are we going to talk about .......the Gen 6 ??

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
    Why are values still being debated on here so much? The Gen 5 is certainly not your average sports car, I always knew that those who could afford to buy it new and truly realized how unique it was were in for a treat with future resale value. This is one of the very few, “affordable”, cars that everyone should have realized was going to appreciate as soon as it was discontinued. No one should be selling one for less than 10% above what they paid for it... NO ONE!
    Only 10%? Lol....ACR’s are waaaaaay past that. More like 50% plus.
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    What else are we going to talk about .......the Gen 6 ??
    Lol exactly!! Hard to predict future values, from what I see, most , not all but most people buying vipers today are already a viper owner moving from an older Gen to a Gen V. Or a Gen V owner selling their base car for an ACR. There are much less people buying a Gen V who were not already a part of the Vioer community, which is a big part of why we don’t have a Gen 6. Wonder if we will ever see a new viper now that SRT has been shut down ?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Only 10%? Lol....ACR’s are waaaaaay past that. More like 50% plus.
    Fantastic, if the ACR is appreciating that much then the Base cars must follow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast