Help with Exhaust

I'm looking for a high flow cat and exhaust system for my 2003. I plan to keep stock manifolds for now. Based on my research, the best option for a livable decibel level and drone is the Corsa exhaust, despite the premium in cost.

Are the high flow cats on Viper Parts Rack the same as Belanger? Are these the best option? I see some that are much cheaper, but they appear to be universal fit and will require piping to be welded from the manifold to cat to catback.

I plan to go with 3" exhaust. I'm assuming the OEM manifolds have a 3" outlet, so the 3" HF cat and catback will be 3" throughout.

Thanks for any input. I've been through a lot of threads and this is what I've gathered. I've heard that a Gen4 exhaust is a good option to save on the catback, but these aren't really easy to find. I've had Borla on a previous car and it's much cheaper, but I don't really want something excessively loud since I know the 3" HF cat is going to increase the sound already.

Enthusiast
    The super HF Cats will absolutely make the car louder, reduce heat and increase flow. I went with the Super HF Cats 3" and Belanger, it's loud with a bit of drone (low RPM) but happy with how it turned out for the $$. For the cost of the Corsa you'll get a whole Belanger exhaust. No doubt different materials but once again individual choice. I can endorse the Belanger and Parts Rack.

Unless required to pass emissions testing, I'd just remove the cats altogether.

Also, 3" will be louder.
    Last edited by Old School; 1 Week Ago at 08:09 AM.

Exhaust, 3 inch is the size at the stock manifold. I went with the Mopar race exhaust and no cats. Later I added back the High Flow cats from Roe Racing. I had a set of the Corsa and did not like it. The car had the 2.5 inch magnaflow when I bought it with full factory cats.

The full results for sound with all systems from loud to quiet.

1. Corsa, very loud, and a strange bell ringing sound
    2. Mopar, loud, after adding the cats back it's still loud
    3. MagniFlow quiet...

I'm sure other have had more exhaust systems, but this is my viper experience.
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

Thanks. I'm surprised the Corsa was the loudest. I definitely have no desire to pay $2k for a catback if not needed. I just don't want something that I'm going to get tired of due to smell/loudness or cause issues with the neighbors. I just want slightly better sound/performance, no crossover, and I need new cats anyways

I'm thinking that my best option may be factory 2008-2010 exhaust with the 2.5" high flow cats.

Banned
    I have a Magnaflow and a Belanger set for sale. If interested in either, PM me

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipervin View Post
    Thanks. I'm surprised the Corsa was the loudest. I definitely have no desire to pay $2k for a catback if not needed. I just don't want something that I'm going to get tired of due to smell/loudness or cause issues with the neighbors. I just want slightly better sound/performance, no crossover, and I need new cats anyways

I'm thinking that my best option may be factory 2008-2010 exhaust with the 2.5" high flow cats.
    I think you would be pleased with that setup. Not super loud, but with the high flow cats it has a nice roar to it at WOT.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]

I disagree a bit:

You have a G3. The G4 2008-10 you are considering is essentially the exact same system, minus the G3 crossover. Why not just add sexy crossover-delete Stainless TIPS to your G3 catback? Not much sound improvement unless you do the cooler, louder, HF cats... Does save about 30 excess pounds.

JonB@PartsRack.com
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 1 Week Ago at 12:55 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Oh! I didn't realize that was an option. In old threads, it didn't sound like that was possible, but I'll try to find these. Is it a pre-fab part that I can bolt up or does it need to be cut/welded at a shop?

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Oh! I didn't realize that was an option. In old threads, it didn't sound like that was possible, but I'll try to find these. Is it a pre-fab part that I can bolt up or does it need to be cut/welded at a shop?

JonB@PartsRack.com
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

My suggestion is to reach out to Jon B directly and avoid all that you read about the Corsa being drone free, etc.... online.

I really like my Belanger set-up; and talking with Jon pointed me in the right direction for what I wanted out of an exhaust and for how I drive the car.
    2006 Viper SRT-10 Convertible

Thanks all, Jon got me set up with HF cats.