Thread: HotCars Article

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE

HotCars Article

My eye is twitching.....

https://www.hotcars.com/greatest-dod...xYpI8-Xnow9lUM

Already been in contact to correct the entire number 6 section....
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

That is the most inaccurate, trashy piece of garbage that I've read in a long time. Did they just stumble on some photos of modified Vipers and then make up a bunch of stuff about them?

Some of the more egregious lies:

"...this fully-bred American sports car was still being sold by Dodge 3 years after it was officially discontinued. Very few cars have managed to achieve such a legendary status that sees buyers still begging the car manufacturer to get a few more cars off the line, despite the ax being let down on the entire production line."

They're saying that the few stale inventory sales that happened after production was finished were actually the result of guys like us, calling Dodge and asking them to build a car? And Dodge then happily unlocks the door on Conner Ave, turns on the lights, calls all the workers back and actually builds that car. Then shuts everything back down again. Sure.

"And in good riddance, Dodge announced that they'll be releasing an all-new Dodge Viper in 2020."

This was written two days ago? In 2021? How did we all miss the Viper's relaunch????

Regarding the 2016 ACR they wrote: "Instead of the 8.0L V10 fitted to most Vipers, the top-performing 2016 Viper ACR was blessed with an 8.4L 645bhp V10" implying that Gen V ACR's had a larger engine than other Vipers. Of course, ALL Vipers built since 2012 had the 8.4L V10. And they source Motor Trend in saying that the 2016 ACR was beaten at Laguna Seca by the 918 Spyder and McLaren P1. That's actually true using Motor Trend data, but a 1 second Google search for Laguna Seca lap times proves that the ACR actually beat the 918 by over a second, and the P1 by over 2 seconds.

By that point, I'd reached my Fake News quota for the day so I stopped reading.
    2015 TA 2.0 Venom Black. 2001 Sapphire Blue Roadster SOLD, 1994 Viper Black Roadster SOLD

VOA Member
    since 2020
    VA/MD/DC/DE

Anyone know who has the Bravado Banshee? I'd rock that thing lol.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Two Oh View Post
    Of course, ALL Vipers built since 2012 had the 8.4L V10.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

VOA Member
    since 2020
    VA/MD/DC/DE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    Oops, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out.
    2015 TA 2.0 Venom Black. 2001 Sapphire Blue Roadster SOLD, 1994 Viper Black Roadster SOLD

LOL Not everyone is clearly cut out to write a written article properly. Most of the stuff you'll find in the creases of the internet is made up hodgepodge that's attractive enough to garnish clicks here and there.

There's also "AutoEvolution", that regularly seems to pride themselves publishing garbage articles involving some social media artists rendering of something new that's supposedly coming down a manufactures pipeline. Unfortunately, people read it and then regurgitate said garbage by sharing it, "GUYS LOOK A NEW...", you get the point.

It drives me nuts and unfortunately there's very little that can be done about it other than what you're already doing Brian and based upon TA Two Oh's reply, it just seems poorly written more than anything else.

--RS

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    Have had an email back and forth with the editor.

I ended up sending him a long list of things I knew were incorrect with some of the input from this thread and others I asked.

Probably still things wrong - if they correct it - buy at least it is hopefully better.
    Brian
    99 ACR

Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    GT2 Owners Group

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    Well, at least it is more correct. Not perfect, but more correct.
    Brian
    99 ACR

GT2 Owners Group

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Good move, Brian. It's great to have someone around committed to preserving an accurate history of the Viper.

Many thanks for your multiple efforts in this area !!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.