Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Ok, just got back from Buttonwillow, a track I know and car was 3 seconds slower than last year. We found burned plugs right away, replaced, then burned again. We think it might be an 02 sensor, but not sure yet. This explains why I stopped getting faster at Ridge. It must have happened my last session Saturday. I put on new tires Sunday, and in the cool morning we were shooting for 1.34.9. New tires, morning session I'm always at least 2 seconds faster. So I was very frustrated, I thought it was me, but it was the car. I was 10mph slower on the straight at buttonwillow versus last year, but was expecting 10mph faster with the sequential. So down around 20mph. Huge power loss.
    That's insane, sorry for the bad luck! Hope it's nothing major.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Ok, just got back from Buttonwillow, a track I know and car was 3 seconds slower than last year. We found burned plugs right away, replaced, then burned again. We think it might be an 02 sensor, but not sure yet. This explains why I stopped getting faster at Ridge. It must have happened my last session Saturday. I put on new tires Sunday, and in the cool morning we were shooting for 1.34.9. New tires, morning session I'm always at least 2 seconds faster. So I was very frustrated, I thought it was me, but it was the car. I was 10mph slower on the straight at buttonwillow versus last year, but was expecting 10mph faster with the sequential. So down around 20mph. Huge power loss.
    Is it possible the titanium exhaust is transferring more heat and "cooking" 02 sensors? Also what kind of O2 sensors are you using?
    From my experience with a forced induction Gen2, the Bosch sensors are complete junk and would constantly die from a little too much heat or fuel.
    (Ha! it's a Viper!) Had to replace them multiple times per season.

Switched to Holley and they are so much more durable. Just much better at handling the extremes being thrown at them.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Get rid of the 02 sensors, go to open loop map based.
    They dont work well with leaded fuel either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12