Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I'll be curious to hear the reports from guys who installed to see if they are having any issues with these striking the pavement leaving your driveway going over the curb, speed bumps/humps, dips in the road, etc. Looks great and probably functional to a certain degree.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    I'll be curious to hear the reports from guys who installed to see if they are having any issues with these striking the pavement leaving your driveway going over the curb, speed bumps/humps, dips in the road, etc. Looks great and probably functional to a certain degree.
    I do. It's not a bit deal. It's a wear part.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded &2011 Lexus GX460: Daily

No update on splitters?
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, big wing, ACR sways, carbon stuff

Of course they do, its just like the regular ACR, its a wear item. thats why doug shelby sells replacement ones.

I am interested in front & rear for this set up . Let me know thanks

Has anyone heard from ACRish? I sent him a text a week or two ago and got no response.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    Has anyone heard from ACRish? I sent him a text a week or two ago and got no response.
    I talked to him last Saturday after FedEx Raped my rear diffuser kit and ruined it.
    He said another 4 weeks for a replacement kit. That's the last time I've reached out to him.
    2017 White GTS 1/2 No stripes

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    I stopped in at his shop about a week ago and he told me that rear diffuser kits are about four weeks out and to watch this thread for any up dates.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2020
    Northern California

Quote Originally Posted by TBSH View Post
    I talked to him last Saturday after FedEx Raped my rear diffuser kit and ruined it.
    He said another 4 weeks for a replacement kit. That's the last time I've reached out to him.
    Damn! FedEx Sucks! My buddies Corsa exhaust also was recently raped. Damaged and missing hardware.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl View Post
    Damn! FedEx Sucks! My buddies Corsa exhaust also was recently raped. Damaged and missing hardware.
    Telling me. Waited a few weeks just for it to show up beat up and all the blades are scratched to hell and dinged.
    2017 White GTS 1/2 No stripes

VOA Member
    since 2021
    New Jersey

Mine were the same, the strakes were pretty scratched (I thought there maybe a film to peel off but seems not) - so I figured they are going to get pretty beaten up under the car anyways so not to worry too much. I did spend $30 on eBay and bought enough wrap to coat each side in carbon fiber (poor man's carbon fiber) to give them a cleaner look - fingers crossed it holds up. As soon a the season is over I'll be installing them. Still think these are a quality product - will be discussing diffusers when he resurfaces :-)

spoke to him on the phone- should be at your door in 2 weeks or so!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Hey guys! Didn't mean to ghost. Been dealing with COVID and shop. Good lord. I'm back. Car is at the dealer. Splitter mounts are done. Should mock up late this week or early next and be able to start production in 2-3. They should crank out pretty quickly!

ALSO: making 10 more kits. One is pre sold, DM or PM me to get yours reserved. They are done and getting powder coated! Even if you DMed or PMed, please ping me again, still playing catch up. Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You can definitely make them rub, but that's what they're designed to do!

- - - Updated - - -

PM me. Rears next week. Front coming soon.
    NorCal VOA Regional President rocking a 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on... 2005 RAM SRT10 QC wrapped by @madd_wrapps (biz) IG

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Also getting this resolved!

So technically 2 are spoken for!
    NorCal VOA Regional President rocking a 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on... 2005 RAM SRT10 QC wrapped by @madd_wrapps (biz) IG

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    3 sold.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    So when will they be ready?
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    So when will they be ready?
    Should have them late this week or next.

splitters or diffusers?

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    splitters or diffusers?
    diffusers

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California

Prelim splitter pics

FINALLY... here we go. Check out the photos, then I'd love some feedback. Please read the blurb after the pics. This isn't finalized yet.

NewSplitter03.jpg

NewSplitter01.jpg

NewSplitter02.jpg

NewSplitter04.jpg

Okay.... so the details. This is HDPE, not textured. The actual unit will be TEXTURED HDPE just like the ACR. The ACR is 1/2" thick. The splitter on my car is .25" and our production version will be 3/8" thick, in between the two. ALSO, not pictured is a removable rub strip. Allens from the top. Also 3/8" thick. This will protect the splitter itself as well as the connection points from wear.

A couple things, gimme some feedback:
    Splitter rods are collapsible. This allows for driveway entry without bending them. They will be available like this or with a standard adjustable rod.
    Rod angles. Mine were too long so I flipped the mounts but I LOVE the way it looks. I also have 10" rods so they could look normal. I may run mine like this.
    The splitter curves with the bumper. I've noticed I don't rub in and out of entry ways at all. Kinda nice!
    The production piece will accept a tow hook, and we will retail a custom one, most likely.
    Attachment points: MOSTLY OEM. It will attach just like the APR carbon version, and we will supply longer hardware to replace the OEM bolts and be the correct length. I've added 4 supports with 1/2" spacers so my splitter contours rather than be flat. Also, more attachment points for support. I like the look, the extra attachment points will be OPTIONAL when you get your kit. So this will truly be a NO DRILL install if you go that direction, but the extra hardware will be included.

Anyway... thanks for being patient. Please let me know what you think so far and let's get these bad boys coming!

My feedback is to stop taking crooked pictures! hahaha! One dead on a foot or two off the ground would give us a much better idea.

I'd really like 1/2" thick, even if it costs more. If for no other reason, it looks more substantial and not as cheap when it's thicker. However, stiffness increases ^3 with thickness, so that's a big difference there. The 1/2" will be about 2.5x stronger than 0.375
    I like the curve, even though it's probably a lot less effective.
    I like the "wide" angle.
    Collapsible is genius.
    Can I get mine carbon wrapped? If not, I'd prefer the gloss rather than textured.

Love the rub strip.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    My feedback is to stop taking crooked pictures! hahaha! One dead on a foot or two off the ground would give us a much better idea.

I'd really like 1/2" thick, even if it costs more. If for no other reason, it looks more substantial and not as cheap when it's thicker. However, stiffness increases ^3 with thickness, so that's a big difference there. The 1/2" will be about 2.5x stronger than 0.375
    I like the curve, even though it's probably a lot less effective.
    I like the "wide" angle.
    Collapsible is genius.
    Can I get mine carbon wrapped? If not, I'd prefer the gloss rather than textured.

Love the rub strip.

We can do 1/2" but I think it's overkill. A lot. 3/8' is going to be strong, functional, but also allow some flex at the far edges. Plus, the rub strip... so really the front lip will have a combine 3/4" thickness. The rub strip will be 2" deep all throughout, too. So it will provide whatever extra strength the piece itself doesn't.

The issue with the textured is it comes protected. The "gloss/smooth" does not. Sucks.

I wanted the splitter to have some personality, so we added the slight curve to follow the contour of the OEM bumper. I added the OEM ACR splitter pic for reference.

How do the feel about the crossed up struts? I like it, even thought it was intended to be temporary. Looks cool.

NewSplitter05.jpg

NewSplitter06.jpg

NewSplitter07.jpg

ACRSplitterReference.jpg

Enthusiast
    I'm very happy someone is taking this project on and thankful for people like you in the Viper community. As far as my feedback is concerned, I would also like for it to be 1/2" thick just because it looks more substantial (like the OEM ACR splitter). I don't hate the curve in the splitter, but I would much more prefer a round front to look like the OEM ACR splitter. And lastly, I like the rods you used, but I would want them to mount the other way. Again, really appreciate you taking this project on!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ptat View Post
    I'm very happy someone is taking this project on and thankful for people like you in the Viper community. As far as my feedback is concerned, I would also like for it to be 1/2" thick just because it looks more substantial (like the OEM ACR splitter). I don't hate the curve in the splitter, but I would much more prefer a round front to look like the OEM ACR splitter. And lastly, I like the rods you used, but I would want them to mount the other way. Again, really appreciate you taking this project on!
    Gotcha. I'm gonna make it pretty customizable, I think it will be good if each one is the same but can be to the owner's liking. So keep the feedback coming, but I'll be open on "options" for the kit.

The struts will be 10" for traditional mounting and 12" for inverted like mine.

Being the rub strip is 3/8", we will be rolling with 3/8" thickness. The HDPE is in bulk, so this wont be customizable. 3/4" is plenty substantial at the front lip. Anymore seems way overkill.

Thanks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast