Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81

Thread: Frank Barba

  1. #51
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    WV/PA
    SuperBird4404BBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    267
    Have a speedy recovery, can't wait to see photos of the A100.
    2010 VoooDoo

    One of the original 100

  2. #52
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Posts
    3,577
    GOOD BLESS, Our Prayers have been answered. God Bless the family of your donor.

    I had the privilege to store (and use!) and ship Your A-100 a decade+ ago, and will send you the custom Viper seats soon.

    Best news Ever, amid this horrible pandemic. Love Ya Frank ! Viper Days Reunion Aug 25????

    JonB



    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Well been gone since July 19th? I received a call from one of my Liver Doctors Monday AM. Later that night I receive a call from the Liver Surgeon at UMM. Told me to be ready Tuesday AM to come to Baltimore. Waited in the Lobby for 8 Hours, got a call the Liver is yours. Jumping up and down happy I was admitted within 15 minutes I was in the OR. I have a new Liver. I'm going to Live and not die. Thank you all for the prayers. Now I can have my 65 Dodge A100 Truck Restored or Restomoded, and see into completion. Hope to see everyone soon.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 07-28-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  3. #53
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,620
    Fantastic Frank ----God Speed your recovery!
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

  4. #54
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    RT SERPENT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    553
    This is wonderful news! Wishing you the very best in your recovery.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

  5. #55
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    336
    I just came across this thread tonight. Frank and I have been acquainted for more than a few years and reading this was a roller coaster. Glad to hear you have your transplant...now heres wishing you a fast recovery!!

  6. #56
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Outside of Charlotte
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Well been gone since July 19th? I received a call from one of my Liver Doctors Monday AM. Later that night I receive a call from the Liver Surgeon at UMM. Told me to be ready Tuesday AM to come to Baltimore. Waited in the Lobby for 8 Hours, got a call the Liver is yours. Jumping up and down happy I was admitted within 15 minutes I was in the OR. I have a new Liver. I'm going to Live and not die. I was in OR for 12 Hours got me pumpinging blood again and I'm here in Baltimore Recoopering. Thank you Ron for putting this Thread together for me. I will be helping the Viper Community agin with Transport services just as soon as my DR.'s say its ok to drive I'm thinning Mid 2022. Thank you all for the prayers. Now I can have my 65 Dodge A100 Truck Restored or Restomoded, and see into completion. Hope to see everyone soon.
    Frank, I'm so happy for you and your family. Now wishing you a speedy recovery, and an opportunity to enjoy life again.
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS/TA #42 (1 of 10) Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - #7 of 35 cars made, Torrie Tuned - SOLD

  7. #57
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    1,035
    The best kind of news. Speedy recovery Frank

  8. #58
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lipan, Texas
    Posts
    430
    Great News, Frank!!!!

    Just saw this!!

    So happy for you and your family .... and the A-100!!!!

  9. #59
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Robertk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Surprise arizona
    Posts
    286
    Always nice to read good news, speedy recovery Frank, a true blessing.

  10. #60
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    str5010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,034
    Congratulations Frank! See you soon
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

  11. #61
    Currently just hanging out in the Hilton Inner Harbor Baltimore. Just in case anything should go wrong. I have so much water build up my feet hurt. Hard to walk. I had Blood drawn yesterday, to day I have a consultation with the cancer people as i just found out that it can attack me. Tomorrow I have my first Post Op Meeting with my Liver Team. The hardest part is sleeping very little and up all night long. Cant wait for a full nights sleep.

    I wanted to in a bad way go to the Viper Days Renunion, Dr's have advised against it since I have weekly appointments for 12 weeks. Good Luck to all participants and ex racers that attend.

    My wife recently confided in me that she felt I was slipping towards an early exit. Both her and theDr's had discussed my downfall and it was the opinion that if I did not get this liver I might no have made it to Christmas. Man I owe my wife, children big time. This past 2 weeks have given me time to reflect on my life, my previous attitude, treatment of others, and a lot of other things. I have discovered that i was very selfish, with my time, towards my family. It was always about me no-one else. i was there for my family but not really. I was so concerned about my bank account, my collection of cars, property owned, never really having time for friends as I thought I was more important. It is with this revelation that I have decided to d what ever I can to make my Children's Kody, Tiffani and Cindy's dreams come true.

    In order to do this I have decided to sell off most of my assets. I'll keep my stocks, and anything things else that my family is my beneficiary'
    I will sell 10 different parcels of property owned out west between New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and CA. My cars are for sale, both the last two that i own my beloved 1996 GTS, and my 2005 FGT (40). I am of clear mind now and I realize what i am doing. If anyone would like to know about the property I own, or make an offer on my cars before I contact BAT to put on auction site, please PM me. I will forward any information to you that you need, Thank you Viper Nation for your support during my Transplant Time and I do intend to keep in touch with everyone that I have met during my 36 years of ownership and club membership.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS - Sold
    2003 Comp Coupe FS - Sold

  12. #62
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post

    I wanted to in a bad way go to the Viper Days Reunion, Dr's have advised against it since I have weekly appointments for 12 weeks. Good Luck to all participants and ex racers that attend.


    ..... This past 2 weeks have given me time to reflect on my life, my previous attitude, treatment of others, and a lot of other things. I have discovered that i was very selfish, with my time, towards my family. It was always about me no-one else. i was there for my family but not really. I was so concerned about my bank account, my collection of cars, property owned, never really having time for friends as I thought I was more important. It is with this revelation that I have decided to do what ever I can to make my Children's Kody, Tiffani and Cindy's dreams come true.
    ...

    Frank, Thanks for the above share.........."Resonate" comes to mind.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  13. #63
    Enthusiast FrgMstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lucas, Texas
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Currently just hanging out in the Hilton Inner Harbor Baltimore. Just in case anything should go wrong. I have so much water build up my feet hurt. Hard to walk. I had Blood drawn yesterday, to day I have a consultation with the cancer people as i just found out that it can attack me. Tomorrow I have my first Post Op Meeting with my Liver Team. The hardest part is sleeping very little and up all night long. Cant wait for a full nights sleep.

    I wanted to in a bad way go to the Viper Days Renunion, Dr's have advised against it since I have weekly appointments for 12 weeks. Good Luck to all participants and ex racers that attend.

    My wife recently confided in me that she felt I was slipping towards an early exit. Both her and theDr's had discussed my downfall and it was the opinion that if I did not get this liver I might no have made it to Christmas. Man I owe my wife, children big time. This past 2 weeks have given me time to reflect on my life, my previous attitude, treatment of others, and a lot of other things. I have discovered that i was very selfish, with my time, towards my family. It was always about me no-one else. i was there for my family but not really. I was so concerned about my bank account, my collection of cars, property owned, never really having time for friends as I thought I was more important. It is with this revelation that I have decided to d what ever I can to make my Children's Kody, Tiffani and Cindy's dreams come true.

    In order to do this I have decided to sell off most of my assets. I'll keep my stocks, and anything things else that my family is my beneficiary'
    I will sell 10 different parcels of property owned out west between New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and CA. My cars are for sale, both the last two that i own my beloved 1996 GTS, and my 2005 FGT (40). I am of clear mind now and I realize what i am doing. If anyone would like to know about the property I own, or make an offer on my cars before I contact BAT to put on auction site, please PM me. I will forward any information to you that you need, Thank you Viper Nation for your support during my Transplant Time and I do intend to keep in touch with everyone that I have met during my 36 years of ownership and club membership.
    Damn. Godspeed, brother.
    As long as it is not yellow.

  14. #64
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Desert Venom Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    142
    Great comeback story Frank. Best wishes for a complete recovery.
    Washed-up Viper pilot.

  15. #65
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lipan, Texas
    Posts
    430
    Get well soon!

    It's OK go keep a few things with your new attitude ...

  16. #66
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,620
    Thanks for keeping us updated, so many of us have known your Viper passion for so many years that we feel a special kinship. So good to hear the blessings and please continue to keep us in mind as you progress back to a full , healthy life. So thankful your prayers and so many Viper Owner friend's were answered.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

  17. #67
    Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by gfviperman View Post
    Get well soon!

    It's OK go keep a few things with your new attitude ...

    He better be resto-modding the A-100. Did not list it for sale above.... New lambskin blue Viper seats on the way!
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com


  18. #68
    I am speaking with 2 companies. One in VA the other in WA for the A100. I have a Viper Motor & Trans. I am sure That i have anything Viper related I need for my A100. John you will be the first to go for a ride.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS - Sold
    2003 Comp Coupe FS - Sold

  19. #69
    Yound # 2 at UMM Baltimore.
    The last 2 weeks I have not been feeling like myself. In fact my wife suggested that I check into the hospital.
    Me being me said I'm ok. My Liver numbers started to increase. This past Wednesday I had another weekly
    follow at UMM. After my blood work was complete they discovered that my Liver numbers more than doubled
    from the week before. I was admitted. They have been poking me, taking blood give me IV's. Yesterday I had a test
    and doctors found out that my stint might not be working properly. So yesterday they replaced my stint, cleaned some
    sludge out of my Bial Ducts, Throat & Chest are hurting. Today I have a CT Scan and Right Lung Drainage (again). Now I'm
    told that I have bacteria in my blood and i'm on antibiotics. Every thing i'm being told is that what i'm going thru is rare.
    Now the Drs have to figure out why i'm getting bacteria in my blood and how to stop it from happening again.
    I'm here to tell you that this is a journey and a lot of tweaking. I want to start being me again but it will be a long road.
    Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS - Sold
    2003 Comp Coupe FS - Sold

  20. #70
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lipan, Texas
    Posts
    430
    Sounds as if you need some fine tuning ... sure they will get it done!

    No doubt you are ready to be you ... we are, also!!!

    You are in a good place ... they will fix it!!!

  21. #71
    VOA Member
    since 2021
    Crossroads of America
    Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    251
    Praying for you, Frank!

  22. #72
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Blair, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,620
    Thanks for taking time to keep us all updated and your attitude during this tough struggle is an example we all need to follow regardless of our health. You have lots of friends who have you constantly in their thoughts and prayers and we know you will pull through.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

  23. #73
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ViperTony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,653
    Praying for you Frank! You made it this far and you'll overcome this.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

  24. #74
    Thank you all. It is great to have people actually care about you, not just offering lip service.
    I did receive some additional news that I did not let you all in on. Before I was released August 29, 2021, a very nice lady came into my room, grabbed a chair sat down
    and told me that she wanted me to go home, be with your friends and family. I wasn't gonna argue. But...We have discovered that your stomach is full of Lymphnods (cancer)
    It was not there when the transplant was done, but now we are seeing it. The Drs. don't know why this happened. What a Shocker..When she left I cried like a baby, left the hospital went for a walk and put my life
    in perspective again. This is not gonna beat me. I'm too strong to be taken down by this. When I'm fully healthy again I do plan on helping the Viper Community by Transporting your very special vipers.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS - Sold
    2003 Comp Coupe FS - Sold

  25. #75
    Enthusiast GTS Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    1,322
    Your life has always been in God's hands, Frank. We will continue to pray to Him for your good health and recovery.

    We missed you at the Track. Hopefully we'll see you out there again before long!
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •