Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frank Barba

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    We figured out why I'm wheezing. I had 2+ Liters of fluid in my lung. Today is the first day I was able
    to sleep in months. It feels good to take a deep breath. I have opened up another avenue, I am now
    registered with the Mayo Clinic.
    Thank you to everyone that has sent well wishes and private emails. It means a lot.

Sounds like you just need some RESTORATION to OE Like most of your past cars
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Yes I need Restored that is why I am hoping I can find an Angel to give me a sliver of their liver.
    I was taken back to the hospital on Saturday and just got out a few hours ago being released.
    I had to go in because the doctors missed fluid in my stomach area and my stomach was finally
    drained the discovered I had some poisons going into my kidneys, so instead of treating my liver
    they started treating my Kidney. I passed all the testes this morning and afternoon. I can not offer money for
    a part of someones liver, I just want to live...AS the doctors have been telling me that I look better than how I feel.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS - Sold
    2003 Comp Coupe FS - Sold

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Frank you have a PM
    Steve A.
    2013 Track Pack, Comp Coupe VCC 062
    2004 SRT10, 2019 Hellcat Charger, 2017 RAM 3500 Dually 4x4

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    HI Frank,
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

Working with The Mayo is a great move!!
    Praying for an Angel soon!!l

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Nevada

Wishing you all the best Frank!!! Saying a prayer for ya buddy from Calgary, Alberta!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Yes I need Restored that is why I am hoping I can find an Angel to give me a sliver of their liver....... I had some poisons going into my kidneys, so instead of treating my liver
    they started treating my Kidney.I passed all the testes this morning and afternoon. ...............AS the doctors have been telling me that I look better than how I feel.
    I Hope To Heck NOT ! You might need them again, hopefully soon!

[I know you meant TESTS, not Testes..........Must take a chuckle when able.....]

Again I'm in the hospital. Seems as though I was fine for 2 Weeks but then Saturday my Belly started
    hurting again. About 3am I had my wife take me to the ER. Again they have found bacteria in my blood.
    This time it is not affecting my Kidneys. I won't be released until Friday this week. I have my friend who
    has told me his to oldest Girls have been doing testing to see if they are compatible with my system. One of them
    their last test day is July 7. I am hoping that it is a match.

I have been placed on antibiotics thru a drip system. The doctor of Infectionus Disease told me that I will most likely develop
    stomach pain & bacteria growth until I get a transplant. After i get out on Friday this week I will be on an antibiotic
    for the duration of my life or until I receive a Sliver of the Liver.

I have had some people step up to inquire about my Comp Coupe, Trailer and Freight Liner Sport Chassis. All proceeds will be gong
    to help pay for my medical bills. If you need Gen 1 Parts or Comp Coupe Gen 3 parts let me know. I currently have a motor & Transmission
    available.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Frank I hope you are able to overcome this and get better, but I also hope you don’t do to others in the Viper community what you did to me when we negotiated a deal on your 96 GTS. I only mention this because I see you are selling cars and parts again and it would be unfortunate and very unfair of you to do to others, especially other Viper people what you did to me. Please consider others in your decision making and understand your actions also affect them. Again, best of luck to you and your recovery.
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

Getting a 'sliver' is usually a pain in the finger..........

Praying your sliver comes soon, and GOD BLESS your friend and his girls......

Keep DRIVING HARD Frank

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Frank I hope you are able to overcome this and get better, but I also hope you don’t do to others in the Viper community what you did to me when we negotiated a deal on your 96 GTS. I only mention this because I see you are selling cars and parts again and it would be unfortunate and very unfair of you to do to others, especially other Viper people what you did to me. Please consider others in your decision making and understand your actions also affect them. Again, best of luck to you and your recovery.
    I am truly sorry about that. Yes I am selling cars and parts. My wife is in charge of the ads, prices, everything Viper and old cars. I do not make the financial decisions anymore I've learned. My wife is my caretaker and has my
    best interest at heart. So I am inclined to listen to her a lot more. She's sold my Freightliner Sport Chassis, Super Hauler Stacker Trailer, and my Race Car.

If your like to submit a bid again privately I will take to her and let her decide. Your not the only one that I have upset. I started canceling transports due to the way I felt and ultimately held people up on delivery of their Viper(s)
    Making up stories why I could not do the Transport. I hope that no one ever has to go thru life needing a Liver it does things to your head that you don't even understand. i've apologized to each and every one of them. I fact one started
    this thread. I am thankful that no one has held a grudge of any type

I do have at this time a very good friend whose daughters want to help me. They are going thru testing now to see if we are compatible. I hate to tear up but every time I think of what they will do for me I can Cry..
    Last edited by FrankBarba; 06-25-2021 at 08:41 AM.

JonB...I sent you a private email, if you want to write back please use my FrankBarba@aol.com account.

I might have found 2 Angels to help me with a Transplant. My friend that I went to High School with heard about my Liver Issues.
    2 of his daughters have stepped up to the plate to go thru testing to see if I am compatible with their Liver. Today one of his daughters
    went to UPENN togo thru final testing. The other daughter is finishing up her paperwork for University of Maryland. She will go thru the
    same testing as her sister. My fingers are crossed.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Fingers double crossed here.
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS/TA #42 (1 of 10) Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Orange TA #35 of 93 Vengeance Racing H/C - SOLD
    2014 Carbon Edition GTS - #7 of 35 cars made, Torrie Tuned - SOLD

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

What great news Frank, and I am sure there are many prayers being sent your way from your friends and fellow Viper owners. Thanks for keeping us updated during your struggle.
    Retired and time to get back on track ---literally!

Today was a bit of a let down. The young lady that was going to donate part of her Liver to me, can not go thru the surgery,
    not because she wasn't a match, it was because her Liver was just too small. Off the find another person. It's just a numbers
    game? Thanks for everyone's well wishes..

Well been gone since July 19th? I received a call from one of my Liver Doctors Monday AM. Later that night I receive a call from the Liver Surgeon at UMM. Told me to be ready Tuesday AM to come to Baltimore. Waited in the Lobby for 8 Hours, got a call the Liver is yours. Jumping up and down happy I was admitted within 15 minutes I was in the OR. I have a new Liver. I'm going to Live and not die. I was in OR for 12 Hours got me pumpinging blood again and I'm here in Baltimore Recoopering. Thank you Ron for putting this Thread together for me. I will be helping the Viper Community agin with Transport services just as soon as my DR.'s say its ok to drive I'm thinning Mid 2022. Thank you all for the prayers. Now I can have my 65 Dodge A100 Truck Restored or Restomoded, and see into completion. Hope to see everyone soon.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Great news, wishing you a speedy recovery Frank!

Frank, that is tremendously great news!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family I hope your recovery is rapid and complete. May your Blessings continue!
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Wishing you the Very best on the Recovery road, and hope there are no further issues. Awesome News.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Been a long journey.

Congratulations and all the best in recovery.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Frank, God bless and it's so good to hear you're on the mend. Rest up and get strong again.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Frank I am so happy to hear that, best news I've heard all week!

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Happy to hear, Frank. Speedy recovery to you.
    A few words of CAUTION to those who think
    a VIPER looks MEAN, ARROGANT and HOSTILE...
    CUT OUT THE FLATTERY!

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Arizona
    Great news Frank!
    98 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle
    2014 ML63 AMG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast