Enthusiast

2008 Available Options

I am new to the Viper world and I am trying to gather as knowledge as possible on my car. Does anyone have a list of available options like five point seat belts. I have been searching, but not found much and I think that a customer could get things adding to their cars at the factory also.

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Ohio
    Define "available option".

There's a big difference between a box you could check on an order form that would have been a factory option (like ordering the factory navigation system instead of the standard radio), and something you could have added on by one of the dealerships prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. That happened all the time with Gen 5 orders, where a dealership like Woodhouse would add things like MCS shocks, 5 point harnesses, headers, etc. before the customer either picked the car up, or had it shipped to their location. I'm sure that also happened with some Gen 4 orders. None of those things (the different shocks, 5 point harnesses, headers) would have been installed at Conner.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | UDP | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | McLeod RST | 11.027 @ 130.06 (Vid), 1.78 60' (+1,622 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Do you have the sales catalog for 08?
    Green Vipers Rule!!
    Yellow Vipers Drool

Enthusiast
    I was not aware of the dealer installed options. Was that approved by Dodge, or was it just done without permission

- - - Updated - - -

No I don't have a sales catalog. Does it show what was available for the viper?

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Yes, the catalog shows the options. There are not many options, exterior/interior colors, wheels, mats and cover plus aero option. I have 2 catalogs but 1 is missing a picture. Might check eBay if you want a complete one.
    Green Vipers Rule!!
    Yellow Vipers Drool

VOA Member
    since 2021
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Dodge seemed to have a very different philosophy in limiting factory options on the Viper. Almost every other sports car manufacturer offers tons of expensive options that can double the price of the base car.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    I have a 2006 "I know wrong GEN" Mopar Performance Catalog from Dodge and in it there are five pages of Viper specific parts. Everything from valves/race rocker arm Assembly to race suspension kits/under drive crank pulleys. I would think that anything in this catalog could be installed by a dealership at the time of purchase. I don't know why they won't have had same thing for the GEN 4's as well.

But as noted about these parts are not something you could get by checking a box on an order form when ordering your new car.

So factory options, No. Dealer installed options form the factory, Yes
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Enthusiast
    I want to purchase a set of harnesses and would like to know exactly what would have been offered by Dodge at the time of purchase for my ACR

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedman View Post
    I want to purchase a set of harnesses and would like to know exactly what would have been offered by Dodge at the time of purchase for my ACR
    I think the answer is none, unless you happen to have a 1998 GT2. I do not recall 5/6 pt belts as an option in any other Viper, excluding ACR-X, Comp Coupe and GTS-R.

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    As I recall, our 1999 ACR came with both standard seat belts and a 5 point harness labeled "ACR"...which were promptly recalled due to FIA date code problems. New belts were provided and installed (or kept on a shelf). My GUESS would be that the same system came on 2000-2002 ACR's as well. Hopefully others will chime in.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedman View Post
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Guaranteed correct.

Why Not? Because the first-ever Viper "Recall" was OE 5-pt race harnesses in 98 GT2 and 99-00 ACR. Nightmare. SCCA tech even banned Vipers from HPDE events! Embarassing. By 2003, SCCA had already revised the rules for 2005+, making 6-points the new minimum. And HANS mandates, etc. So Dodge OPTED OUT of harnesses.

So G3 and after did NOT offer race harnesses except on Comp Coupes and optional on ACR-X

P.S. During those Harness Recall 3+ years, only ONE Vendor was allowed to do warranty harness replacements outside of Dodge Dealers (and Dealers had NOTHING to offer.)

That vendor was: PartsRack! (And damn-proud of it.) Thanks
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 05-12-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenVenom View Post
    Do you have the sales catalog for 08?

Dont confuse the sales brochure with the delaer sales catalogue, or the Mopar Performance Catalogue.

Mopar catalogues have dozens of pages of "Viper Accessory" items, many of which were actually VAPOR-ware, not Viper-ware. Why? Lots of items got dreamed up and listed but not produced or sold.... It is downright shocking, exciting, then disappointing to see all the many and varied things that Dodge and SRT conceived for Vipers that never happened!
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 05-12-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

I have a 2010, and I can't begin to tell you how mind-blown I was to read in my owners manual about an option on the key fob that would roll down both windows --- only to find out this option was never implemented on the car. Vapor-ware!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    NY/CT
    Some of the ones my '08 ACR came with, (not necessarily options as much as packages, I guess):

Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel
    Graphite Shifter Bezel
    Delete Fog Lamps
    ACR Driver Stripe
    Front Splitter Spoiler
    OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
    Rear Winged Spoiler
    ACR Badge
    50 State Emissions
    Viper Black Clear Coat
    AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio
    7 Speakers Inc Subwoofer/Tweeters
    310 Watt Amplifier
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Competition Suspension
    295/30ZR18 345/30ZR19 Perf Tires
    Michelin Brand Tires
    18X10.0 19X13.0 Frgd Sidewinder Whls
    Ft Fasc w/Aero Plates Ground Effects
    For More Info, Call 888-539-7474
    1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS
    Manuf Statement of Origin
    5 Additional Gallons of Gas
    Customer Preferred Package 2DA
    Customer Preferred Package 21A
    Gas Guzzler Tax
    Includes Full Tank of Fuel

Still waiting on the 5 additional gallons of gas, lol!
    2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR
    Black with Red Drivers Stripe
    1 of 36